Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to go to Chicago & Milwaukee in 2006

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking to go to Chicago & Milwaukee in 2006

    i am looking into going to chicago to see wrigley & u.s. cellular, and up to milwaukee to see miller park next season. i have not decided yet if i am going to just stay in chicago and drive to milwaukee or stay overnight in milwaukee also.

    anyone have good hotels, for an afordable price that they recommend?

    any areas to avoid in either city?

    any usefull tips are appreciated

    thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by bigworm_122
    i am looking into going to chicago to see wrigley & u.s. cellular, and up to milwaukee to see miller park next season. i have not decided yet if i am going to just stay in chicago and drive to milwaukee or stay overnight in milwaukee also.

    anyone have good hotels, for an afordable price that they recommend?

    any areas to avoid in either city?

    any usefull tips are appreciated

    thanks
    I would avoid the east side of I-90/94 when you are at Comisky. I would also avoid Cabrini Green in Chicago, if it has not been completely demolished by that time.
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigworm_122
      i am looking into going to chicago to see wrigley & u.s. cellular, and up to milwaukee to see miller park next season. i have not decided yet if i am going to just stay in chicago and drive to milwaukee or stay overnight in milwaukee also.

      anyone have good hotels, for an afordable price that they recommend?

      any areas to avoid in either city?
      There's certainly a lot more to do in Chicago...not sure what your main need is in a hotel, if low price is #1, the outlet malls on 94 between the two cities
      have tons of decent hotels nearby at very, very low prices. Look at the Gurnee Mills area in Gurnee, IL, and the many outlet malls around Kenosha, WI. If you want to stay at a nice hotel near anything in Chicago, you're going to pay a pretty penny. I would spend as little time in the area of the Cell as possible.
      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sschirmer
        I would also avoid Cabrini Green in Chicago, if it has not been completely demolished by that time.
        I'd say he should avoid the corner of Jonquil and Bosworth too, but I don't think he'd find it by mistake . . .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hellborn
          There's certainly a lot more to do in Chicago...not sure what your main need is in a hotel, if low price is #1, the outlet malls on 94 between the two cities
          have tons of decent hotels nearby at very, very low prices. Look at the Gurnee Mills area in Gurnee, IL, and the many outlet malls around Kenosha, WI. If you want to stay at a nice hotel near anything in Chicago, you're going to pay a pretty penny. I would spend as little time in the area of the Cell as possible.

          That's not a bad idea. It's quite feasible to stay in one hotel and drive to both Chicago and Milwaukee on different day. There are of course plenty of hotels in downtown Chicago if Milwaukee is a seperate trip, but nothing cheap unless you look for the sign that says 'transients welcome.'

          Comment


          • #6
            Use priceline if you're not particular. If you are, stay out near the airport in Rosemont where you're a short jaunt into the city where you can take public transportation and then catch 294 on the way to Milwaukee.

            Comment


            • #7
              in chicago, how is the area north of the chicago river ?

              i got a good price to stay in the best western on west ohio street by n clark street?

              Comment


              • #8
                That's a big tourist area, should be perfect. Walk over to State St. to catch the red line north or south to the ballparks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I agree, that's a good area if you want access to "many things Chicago."
                  I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigworm_122
                    in chicago, how is the area north of the chicago river ?

                    i got a good price to stay in the best western on west ohio street by n clark street?
                    That's a real good location there.You'll be within walking distance from ESPN Zone,the Hard Rock Cafe,Rush Street,Michigan Ave shopping,and you'll be right next to the new Rock and Roll McDonald's.

                    You'll be right in the heart of the action in the River North area.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The Days Inn Lincoln Park on Diversey ave.

                      I have actually walked to Wrigley from here (about 1.5 miles)
                      Very close to the Red line "EL" train that takes you to both Wrigley and US Cell. Great night life/shopping/resturants near hotel.

                      Any ????

                      [email protected]

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X