Best hitter's park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best hitter's park?

Overall, (foul area, gaps, climate etc.) what MLB park do yall think favors hitters the most?
    Coors Field
    63.01%
    Ameriquest Field
    5.48%
    Great American
    5.48%
    Fenway Park
    8.22%
    Wrigley Field
    2.74%
    Minute Maid Park
    1.37%
    Citizens Bank Park
    5.48%
    US Celluar Field
    0.00%
    Camden Yards
    4.11%
    Jacobs Field
    0.00%
    Other
    4.11%

Here is the Top 10 parks in the leauge favoring hitters in the area of Runs using ESPN's "Park Factor" stat. This stat isn't very dependable because it is based on the performances of hitters on that team, not anybody else.
    1.Fenway Park (Red Sox)
    2 Kauffman Stadium (Royals)
    3 Coors Field (Rockies)
    4 Ameriquest Field (Rangers)
    5 Bank One Ballpark (Diamondbacks)
    6 Rogers Centre (Blue Jays)
    7 Metrodome (Twins)
    8 Minute Maid Park (Astros)
    9 Wrigley Field (Cubs)
    10 Miller Park (Brewers)
    11 Citizens Bank Park (Phillies)
    12 Tropicana Field (Devil Rays)
    13 Great American (Reds)
    14 PNC Park (Pirates)
    15 Shea Stadium (Mets)

Comment

Its Coors field and then Fenway. Fenway is just a ridicilous ball park. If another team today tried to build something that looked like Fenway, they'd get shot down easily.

Comment

Over the last three seasons or so, I'd be willing to bet that the old Ballpark in Arlington has surrendered the most homers and ranks in the top 2-3 in total runs.
        Never confuse character with geography --- Red Smith
        Astros Daily

Comment

Wow, I can't believe Great American is that far down. It seems to play like a bandbox. Coors isn't so much the park, but rather the location it's in.
          I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Camden Yards.

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
              Wow, I can't believe Great American is that far down. It seems to play like a bandbox. Coors isn't so much the park, but rather the location it's in.
              Great America actually plays as a slight pitcher's park. it allows an incredible ammount of homers, but that's quite possibly just the Reds pitchers. as long as you're not a flyball pitcher, you'll do well at GAB (assuming you don't suck to begin with).
              RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
              Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
              Infamous butcher,
              Angel of Death

Comment

Originally posted by PopTop
                Over the last three seasons or so, I'd be willing to bet that the old Ballpark in Arlington has surrendered the most homers and ranks in the top 2-3 in total runs.
                Actually,that honor goes to of all places,US Cellular Field in Chicago as far as home runs are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlord
                  Great America actually plays as a slight pitcher's park. it allows an incredible ammount of homers, but that's quite possibly just the Reds pitchers. as long as you're not a flyball pitcher, you'll do well at GAB (assuming you don't suck to begin with).
                  Has anyone with tthe Reds ever attempted to explain the acquisition of Eric Milton? What a dumb move.

Comment

Originally posted by rainout
                    Has anyone with tthe Reds ever attempted to explain the acquisition of Eric Milton? What a dumb move.
                    "he knows how to win" and "the Yankees wanted him" and "we think he can become a sinkerball pitcher."

on the plus side, the Reds did fire the guy who said the third thing.
                    RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                    Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                    Infamous butcher,
                    Angel of Death

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlord
                      Let me guess, Dan O'Brien is your brother-in-law? His whole arguement in signing Milton is that GABP plays as a neutral park. Apparently, he's never been to a game there.

Comment

How can Fenway even be on the list. do you know how hard it would be to hit it over the green monster?
                        2007 World Series Prediction Chicago Cubs Win against Detroit Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by ArealBASEBALLfan
                          How can Fenway even be on the list. do you know how hard it would be to hit it over the green monster?
                          Ah yeah, not very.

Comment

I don't understand how anyone can vote for any park that is not called COORS FIELD

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin' Joe
                              I don't understand how anyone can vote for any park that is not called COORS FIELD
                              My only reason for that is I that I believe the city it is located in, and not the park itself, is responsible for the offensive numbers there. If we are talking "hitters city", then yes, I would vote for Denver.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X