General Ballpark Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Ballpark Photography

I thought it'd be fun to share some of our personal photos of our beloved ballyards.

I'll start with some i took tonight...

August 7, 2006

I've always loved the art deco styling and pastels throughout the stadium.
    Last edited by Elvis; 08-08-2006, 01:02 AM.

August 7, 2006

The original 1962 color scheme was faithfully restored to the brand new seating. I had seats in the Reserved (turquoise) level.

----------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Elvis; 08-08-2006, 01:06 AM.

Comment

August 7, 2006

It was a stunning evening in Chavez Ravine. Game-time temperature: 76 degrees.

==========================================
      Last edited by Elvis; 08-08-2006, 12:59 AM.

Comment

August 7, 2006

Brad Penny delivers...

Comment

----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis

It was a stunning evening in Chavez Ravine. Game-time temperature: 76 degrees.

==========================================
            Question. Since at least sometimes they open the RF gate after the LF gate, why don't fans walk around from LF to RF?
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Dodger Stadium looks fantastic with that paint scheme again. Great photos Elvis.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                Question. Since at least sometimes they open the RF gate after the LF gate, why don't fans walk around from LF to RF?
                Because you can't get in without a RF ticket. LF is much better anyway. More fun during BP and during the game too. Andre Ethier is great with the fans out there--lots of interaction anad always has fun with the ball toss, and then points with his glove at which section will get the next one. And he always makes sure every section gets at least one ball during the game.

Comment

Because you can't get in without a RF ticket.
                  You mean if someone walked around from LF to RF they'd make you leave?

<Andre Ethier is great with the fans out there--lots of interaction anad always has fun with the ball toss, and then points with his glove at which section will get the next one. And he always makes sure every section gets at least one ball during the game.>

I ALMOST got one when Lofton was throwing them in :grouchy
                  Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

You mean if someone walked around from LF to RF they'd make you leave?
                    It isn't that they'd make you leave, you wouldn't be able to get in. As you saw, the gate where they scan your ticket and you go through the turnstiles is attached to each Pavilion. There's one gate for the LF one and another gate for the RF one. They're two separate facilities.

Comment

It isn't that they'd make you leave, you wouldn't be able to get in. As you saw, the gate where they scan your ticket and you go through the turnstiles is attached to each Pavilion. There's one gate for the LF one and another gate for the RF one. They're two separate facilities.
                      No, I mean you go in with your LF ticket and walk around on the inside to the RF area

Comment

No, I mean you go in with your LF ticket and walk around on the inside to the RF area
                        You can't. The CF batters eye area (that separates the two sections) isn't accessible to fans--it's for stadium personel only. That's the area where they bring things and people on and off the field and store the batting cage and stuff. You can't walk through that area to get to the other side.

Comment

You can't. The CF batters eye area (that separates the two sections) isn't accessible to fans--it's for stadium personel only. That's the area where they bring things and people on and off the field and store the batting cage and stuff. You can't walk through that area to get to the other side.
                          Let's try this again. If you are in LF RESERVED, walk around towards home and then back out towards RF

Comment

Let's try this again. If you are in LF RESERVED, walk around towards home and then back out towards RF
                            No matter what ticket you have, they will let you into the LF Field Box level for BP. Then after BP they make an announcment to please return to your level that you bought your ticket for. They don't allow you to walk all the way around the way you say because many would surely just remain in the concourse area behind home plate and not continue out to the bleachers and cause a jam up and problems for the ushers.

It's much better to restrict the BP access to the LF line where they can get their autographs and home run balls and then go around to the pavilion. It's not any farther to walk back out the way they came in and around to RF than it would be to go around the whole stadium the other way.

Comment

They don't allow you to walk all the way around the way you say because many would surely just remain in the concourse area behind home plate and not continue out to the bleachers and cause a jam up and problems for the ushers.
                              Every other stadium I've been to lets you do stuff like this

<It's much better to restrict the BP access to the LF line>

Better for the Dodgers, where the ushers can retrieve BP balls in RF

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X