Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you feel about retractable roof stadiums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you feel about retractable roof stadiums?

I like them.It saves rainouts and hot n cold weather plus you can still grow grass.

There are certain areas of the country where it is necessary to have the option of a roof. It is a much better option to have a retractable roof stadium, then one with a fixed roof.
    Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
    www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

"Neccessary evil". As long as they look more like a stadium than a dome they are OK.
      Best posts ever:
      Originally posted by nymdan
      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

I think every stadium should have one like Safeco!

Comment

The retractable roofs come in handy, no doubt about that. It's just irritating looking up at them as they sit waiting for too much heat or bad weather. Minute Maid has one. The park itself is downright cozy and has the spirit of the old parks but the roof, when not used, is kinda ugly.

Comment

I guess I'm alright with them, save for two exceptions: A. Don't have the roof closed when it's beautiful outside. The game was meant to be played outside, so let's keep it open whenever possible. B. Don't stick the tax payers with the bill. I'd rather have a rainout or two than have my damn property taxes jacked up, because someone deemed it necessary to add a $120 million roof to a stadium design that already costs $300 million.
            I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

There ok

I guess they are ok! But personally i would like to go to a ballpark and sit outside even if it is raining sometimes it makes the game more fun. If the team is somewhere were there is alot of rain or it gets to hott or cold i guess it would be ok. But in Kansas City it is not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin' Joe
                It's definately a no-brainer for Seattle.

Comment

Depends on the sport and location. For instance, last Sunday's Seattle Seahawks game it was raining and they never closed the roof. For baseball, I perfer an outdoor park myself. But if it rains a lot or extremely hot I can understand why. But they build them in places like Milwaukee which I can't understand.

Comment

Skydome
                    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by ichiro262
                      It's definately a no-brainer for Seattle.
                      Actually, the rainy season there is in the Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin' Joe
                        Why?

When your climate has 300 days of sunshine and averages 15" of rain a year, a retractable roof is not necessary.
                        http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Indylavi
                          Depends on the sport and location. For instance, last Sunday's Seattle Seahawks game it was raining and they never closed the roof. For baseball, I perfer an outdoor park myself. But if it rains a lot or extremely hot I can understand why. But they build them in places like Milwaukee which I can't understand.
                          I don't think the Seahawks' stadium has a roof to close. I think they just have one to cover most of the seats, which is not retractable.

Comment

no need in cali... gotta love the weather here. one rainout all year at angels stadium albeit at a bad time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesteve32
                              Why?

When your climate has 300 days of sunshine and averages 15" of rain a year, a retractable roof is not necessary.

Right on!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X