Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you feel about retractable roof stadiums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Selig did the right thing not allowing astros close the roof if its not raining.Tempertures are fine in houston not real cold so no need to close the roof.Retractable roof stadiums are not for using like home field advantage.Its for preventing rain delays and when its too cold to play.I think next year umps should be the ones who decides when the roof gets open or closed not the home team.

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
      Bud Selig did the right thing not allowing astros close the roof if its not raining.Tempertures are fine in houston not real cold so no need to close the roof.Retractable roof stadiums are not for using like home field advantage.Its for preventing rain delays and when its too cold to play.I think next year umps should be the ones who decides when the roof gets open or closed not the home team.
      Ah, I finally agree with you on something!
      I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

I also agree with you on this. Retractable roofs should be used in order to play a game on a day when you otherwise couldn't. Other then extreme weather conditions, the roof should be open.
        Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
        www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

I agree...

I agree with you guys in that the retractable roof's only use is to reduce the number of rain delays to nill. It should not be used as a home field advantage like the Houston Astros did towards the end of the regular season and this postseason. I'm fine with having a retractable roof on top of a stadium in a fairly wet climate. However, it's the retractable roofs in dry climates that don't make any sense.

On a side note: Baseball needs to abolish permanent dome stadiums. Baseball has always been an outdoor sport, leave it that way!

Comment

Look at Arizona dimondbacks home bank one ballpark.Its closed cause its so godly hot in the summer you couldnt play in 110+ temps.But during playoff time it gets like 85-90 day and 80-85 at night so you can play in those conditions with roof open. In Florida domes should be closed day & night cause of the humidity. But roof should be open at night in florida in october cause its not as humid like in august and september.

Comment

Originally posted by jrh31584
              I don't think the Seahawks' stadium has a roof to close. I think they just have one to cover most of the seats, which is not retractable.
              Ah I stand corrected. However, I still feel that the roof should only be shut if weather prevents the game from being played or is so hot to make it unbearable.

Comment

Like US Cellarfield needs one cause its way too cold to play baseball in april in chicago. And i wish baltimore would get one too.

Comment

ya I like them
                  Born True Blue

Comment

i like them in certian locations where it rains alot. domes are so ugly i hate them.

i disagree with the selig thing you guys brought up. yes, it wasnt raining and yes, i would have hated to see that roof go up but it's houston's ballpark, they should be able to do what they want.

Comment

I've been to 3 of them .....

I've been to 3 of them ..... in Milwaukee, Toronto and Houston. I didn't care for any of them. I absolutely detest indoor baseball. And when they have their roofs open the structure simply dwarfs the field.

I think the weather elements should be a part of the game just as they were for the first 120 years it was played. I don't think the game should be changed because weather conditions somewhere are not conducive to it.

Comment

Like US Cellarfield needs one cause its way too cold to play baseball in april in chicago. And i wish baltimore would get one too.
                        I knew it couldn't last.
                        I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
                          I knew it couldn't last.
                          It's been a long time since I saw" I'm a ramblin' wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva engineer."
                          Lets get Eddie Basinski elected to the Polish Sports Hall of Fame.
                          www.brooklyndodgermemories.com

Comment

As long as there super super quiet, are fast, dont distract, and above all do something cool like fold out or flip out like one of those cool calculators that open by themselves, then there ok.lol.

Comment

Safeco is first rate

Of course, prior to that I was sweating it out inside the Kingdome which had a disconcerting habit of letting rooftiles drop a couple a hundred feet on to the floor.
                              Seriously, the Safeco roof is a cool thing and still allows one to feel outdoors. Plus it is nice to watch the damn thing slide across.
                              Johnny
                              Delusion, Life's Coping Mechanism

Comment

Originally posted by Indylavi
                                But they build them in places like Milwaukee which I can't understand.
                                TWO YEARS AGO WE HAD A SNOWSTORM ON OPENING DAY 5 INCHES. IT WAS 69 DEGREES AND DRY FOR THE GAME

MILWAUKEE FRANK

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X