Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Stadium makes the Best Hotdogs and The Worst hotdogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake83
    Nothing is like a Dodger Dog
    Dodger Dogs are very good, IF you go to Smart and Final, buy the frozen 18 pack for $6.99, some buns for a couple of buck and grill them yourself on your own grill, but the ones atthe ballpark are nothing special.

Sorry to say the Angels went to Farmer John Dogs this season as well, and frankly not as good as before.
    http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
      Let me guess, even though you've never been there, the worst are at Comerica Toilet Bowl Park?
      The Toilet Bowl has a Leo's Coney Island (A Detroit-area chain), which is a great place to eat.

The Ballpark Franks at The Corner were great. It was a huge mistake when they switched brands in the nineties, I think it was. People revolted.

I noticed the big Best Kosher sign at US Cellular. If that's what they serve, you certainly can't go wrong.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I, personally, have never met a dog at a ballpark that I didn't like.
        I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Hot dog

No contest.... Fenway Franks
          "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
          - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

i liked the dogs at Jacobs field...the dome dogs were good and you cant go wrong at minute maid with the dogs there...PNC has good dogs...camden yards are good...Kauffman were good...i thought the ones at old riverfront were not bad...fenway franks are the best ive ever had and they edge out the dome dogs and the hot dogs at minute maid...tiger had good ones too...wrigley was good...comiskey had good ones...basically ive never had a bad hot dog at any of the parks ive been to (and ive been to a lot)
            Houston Rockets
            playoffs:1969,75,77,79,80,81,82,85,86,87,88,89,90, 91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,2004,05,07,08
            West Champions:81,86,94,95
            NBA Champions:94,95
            Houston Astros
            Playoffs: 1980,86,97,98,99,01,04,05
            NL west champs: 80,86
            NL central champs: 97,98,99,01
            NL Wild Card: 04,05
            NL Champions: 05
            Houston Oilers: AFL champs 1960,61
            Texas Longhorns class of 2012
            Lufkin Panthers div 2 state champs 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Joltin' Joe
              Yankee Stadium is pretty good. Shea is the worst. They taste bad and they are usually ice cold!
              LOL Joe! I been there.You know how the serve em at shea. They dip it outta a boiling pan and put it on your roll.In Camden Yards they serve em on a roller grill and wrap em up in tin foil.Thats how i like my esskays orioles dogs.

Comment

The Columbus Clippers (Yankees AAA) have a dime-a-dog night every year, actually a couple of them a year. The lines are so crazy, by the third inning, they barely put the things on the grill. It's like, open the package, throw it on the grill, one 1000, two 1000, three 1000, here's your dog! Never stopped me from eating them though!

Comment

I've been to 34 major league parks and have a clear winner as far as best hot dog:

Jack Murphy Stadium (defunct) had a BBQ run by none other than Randy Jones. There you could get actual BBQ, including a 12" 1/2lb hot dog. By far the tastiest and biggest dog in the majors.
                  For those who like brats, County Stadium was a tough one to beat.
                  As far as 'worst', there wasn't one that stood far below the others, but I remember being quite let down by the Dodger Dog. I was expecting a Randy Jones dog, but got not much at all.
                  "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you. What's that you say Mrs. Robinson? Joltin' Joe has left and gone away. Hey hey hey."

Comment

Right-o on the County Stadium Brat. Nobody does 'em better!

Comment

Put me down for the hot dogs at US Cellular Field,and the brats in Milwaukee.

Comment

Originally posted by bluezebra
                        That should give you a good idea of the Dodgers' fans' taste.

And this poll is valid ONLY if you've eaten hot dogs at EVERY park.

Bob
                        Maybe your diahrea of the mouth ruined its flavor, is that possible
                        Born True Blue

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
                          The best hot dogs were the ballpark franks sold at historic tiger stadium in detroit.
                          Comerica Park has the same exact dogs! Ballpark Franks!

Comment

Does any park serve Koegel Viennas? If they did, they would be like $10.

Comment

Dome Dogs in MN are ok, the Brauts are great, plus they have famous Dave's BBQ joints around the park.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackPedro
                                Fenway Park- Fenway Franks- BEST BY FAR !!!

Try the mustard, relish, sauerkraut combination and try your hardest to get Green Monster seats. They rule too.

Tropicana Field- Worst, I flew there to see an uncle and got into the scheduele and found a Red Sox game coming up, so I went there got a hot dog and some nachos... The Red Sox lost and I got food poisining.

I have been to about every east coast park,I have relatives all over but none on the west.

Shea really isn't that bad, Yankee Stadium was a lukewarm experience because it was the 17-1 game but I had sat next to a frenzy of Die-hards, the hot dogs were fine but there was alot of ketchup fanatics (ughh..).
                                When did you go to Tropicana? They startes selling Hebrew National this year and they were really good.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X