Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Stadium makes the Best Hotdogs and The Worst hotdogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichmondHillPhoenix
    Kind of different, but the street meat outside the SkyDome is amazing. Far better than anything you can get inside, and far cheaper too.
    To your point, any park that has outside vendors will generally have way better dogs. Outside Safeco there are about 8 different hot dog stands, a few of them are related, but 8 of them. On a good day though, there's a stand with brisket sandwiches and brownies. Yum.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan
      I know a thing or two about a good hotdog. God knows I've eaten enough...
      Safeco field, jacobs field and great american ballpark all know how to make a great hotdog, all are hot, large, grilled, aand most importantly Taste great.
      As for worst... There no such thing a bad/ disgusting hotdog.
      Oh, trust me, there are. h

Doug

Comment

The best hot dog I had was at Raley's Field in Sacramento at a Rivercats (AAA team for the A's) because they were only a dollar when i went. So I bought 5. Now that I think about it, I spend more money on food alone when I go to MLB games then I did when I spent my money on food AND my ticket at the Rivercats game.
        Grab some pine, MEAT!!!

Comment

When I was at Yankee Stadium... they served Nathan's Famous. Which is the greatest Hot Dog I have ever tasted.
          "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by bluezebra
            And this poll is valid ONLY if you've eaten hot dogs at EVERY park.
            I have an opinion, but I haven't had a hot dog at EVERY stadium yet, so I'll have to get back to y'all in another decade or so

However, my preliminary studies have Fenway Franks at the top. The old 'Dome Dogs' in Houston are currently running in second. Yankee Red Hots are third and down around 20th are whatever they served me at Candlestick that was called a hot dog. As far as I can recall, it was the only time I didn't finish a dog at a park, and I didn't go back to complain because I was afraid they might try to give me another one.
            Never confuse character with geography --- Red Smith
            Astros Daily

Comment

An avid Mets fan, I have to admit that the regular hot dogs served at Shea are only so-so and are not worthy of a city that has some extraordinary deli hot dogs. HOWEVER, if you go to the glatt kosher hot dog stand (there are several, the one I go to is by section 9 in the loge), you will have an extraordinary hot dog that is one of the best I have ever tasted. You don't have to be kosher (I'm not). Just skip the regular Shea's Nathans (Nathans used to be a lot better before they went nationwide) and check these out the next time you're at Shea.

http://metsfanbook.com
              sigpic Please check out my book, Mets Fan
              Please check out my blog, Mets Fan Blog
              Read about my new book The Last Days of Shea

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Miller
                Oh, trust me, there are. h

Doug
                Maybe your right, but I've yet to encounter a hot dog that I though was bad.Maybe it's just me I like all hot dogs.
                I guess that makes me lucky.
                Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesteve32
                  Dodger Dogs are very good, IF you go to Smart and Final, buy the frozen 18 pack for $6.99, some buns for a couple of buck and grill them yourself on your own grill, but the ones atthe ballpark are nothing special.

Sorry to say the Angels went to Farmer John Dogs this season as well, and frankly not as good as before.
                  A bit off topic. I know someone who's working with Farmer John. This company has some pretty good business seats at Angel Stadium.

I hope that they will stay at Angel Stadium, so I can pick a couple of games overthere...

Comment

Can't tell you the best, but the worst was a Hygrade dog at Olympic Stadium.

Comment

Skydome's hot dogs (inside), I have only had once. They're rubbery and generic. Just not a good experience. I recommend buying two outside, eating one, and bringing one in with you. Much better.
                      WAMCO!

Comment

Best: the Hebrew Nationals at Tropicana Field. The Italian sausage sandwich w/ peppers & onions is very good too.

Worst--the neon red footlong I had at old Atlanta-Fulton County in about 1995 (I think it was a Lykes dog). Disgusting.

Comment

The best is Busch Stadium's hot dogs. They are the best hot dogs you may ever had. I don't know which one is worse, because Busch Stadium hot dogs are much better than some stadiums' hot dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilRays1969
                            Worst--the neon red footlong I had at old Atlanta-Fulton County in about 1995 (I think it was a Lykes dog). Disgusting.
                            That sounds much worse than the shrivled, grey dogs that I got in Oakland, and the grey, stuck to the bun covered dogs from Wrigley.

I'll have to post a picture of my buddy, Ted, enjoying a "Colossal Dog" at Mariner's Spring Training a few years back. It was $10 I think. My wife and I crack up every time we look at the picture -- We showed his wife the pic after they got married, she just sat there shaking her head.

Doug
                            Last edited by Doug Miller; 01-27-2007, 11:39 PM.

Comment

As mentioned earlier Ameriquest Field does offer a gigantic (forgot the actual measurements) hot dog with all the goods for eight dollars. Never tried it though, rather unattractive.
                              :gt

Comment

Aside from the obvious answer to your measurement question, Paul, I've heard you're releasing a new ten-inch single 'The Walrus is all y'all'. Any comment?

Best dog: I can't remember the name of any of them, but they were all good.
                                smoker

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X