Longest Home Runs Ever by Ballpark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by michael_cochrane View Post
    My Father and I attended a Tigers game in 1999 vs. The White Sox. I wanted to see a game there before they tore down the stadium. Chicago won the game 12-4, however, there was one memorable moment for the Home Team.
    We witnessed the longest Home Run I've ever seen when Karim Garcia crushed a ball OVER the Right Field Roof! It left the stadium so fast that the Jumbo Screen had to replay it for the fans to view the ball clearing the roof by 20 feet (over a flag pole)! My estimate would be 550+.
    Does anyone else have any information or remember this HR?

Mike in El Paso, TX
    This homer could be a true 500 footer. balls flew out of Navin/Briggs/Tiger better than anywhere else. Babe liked this park best.
    The flag pole was on the back end of the roof overlooking the street. A line from home plate thru this point to the Brooks roof
    is 492' from home plate. The lumber company roof at that point was about 15 above the sidewalk.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Long home runs over Griffith Stadium RF wall
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post
        Sammy hit one two years ago measured about ten feet farther than that of Kingman's and is claimed to be the longest ever hit out of Wrigley.
        That is incorrect , Dave Kingman hit the longest Verified homerun in M.L. B history 530 feet. You can see the homerun on Youtube and measure it on goole map and see for yourself.
        Last edited by carsdaddy; 11-09-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
          Unfortunately, none of these can be officially verified.
          Gibson hit some tape measured shots that have been verified, however the homerun that he is supposed to have hit out of Yankee stadium is a myth, It was a 460 foot blast , back in the 30's , that bounced against the back wall of the bullpen.
          Last edited by carsdaddy; 11-09-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• [FONT=Times New Rom Gibson hit some tape measured shots that have been verified, however the homerun that he is supposed to have hit out of Yankee stadium is a myth It was a 480 foot blast back in the 30's, that bounced against the back wall of the bullpen.[/QUOTE]

an][/FONT][QUOTE=carsdaddy;2378407 ] Gibson hit some tape measured shots that have been verified, however the homerun that he is supposed to have hit out of Yankee stadium is a myth It was a 480 foot blast back in the 30's, that bounced against the back wall of the bullpen. It would be great to read a interview from someone who was actually there.
            Last edited by carsdaddy; 09-29-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Gibson, his description.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by researcher
                RE: Longest Ever by Ballpark

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-02 AT 00:28 AM (EST)]No one should concern themselves with the 600 ft+ idea.
                The promotional hype about Gibson not getting his shot.
                Robinson took it; and Josh died shortly there after. He didn't
                600 ft hr's everywhere he played, and he didn't hit 800 hr's,
                over fences throughout his careear, playing barnstorm games
                against local yokles 1/2 the time.

I doubt if he was much better than Campy, and if he was as good
                that would be great.......There has been more bs about Josh Gibson
                than any player in the history of the game.

Paige likely would have won 300+ gms; I doubt if "Poor Old Josh"
                would have hit 550 hr's; you must understand he couldn't hit Paige,
                and most of the games were like playing against class D or lower.
                And they played on many fields w/o fences---hit the gap, and the
                ball rolls forever.

The ball can only be compressed so much, then friction slows it up.
                In normal conditions, its unlikley that many balls were hit over 550'
                by anyone: mabe one by Gibson,one by Mantle, Ruth in spring training,
                and a couple other players...that's 550' not 600'
                A lot of major leaguers, of that time period could not hit Paige either, as he demonstrated in the Allstar games against the white Major Leaguers. As a 42 year old rookie , passed his prime he gave Major Leaguers hell. A lot of H.O.F couldn't hit Seaver, that doesn't prove that they were not great.

Comment

• Originally posted by researcher

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-02 AT 00:28 AM (EST)]No one should concern themselves with the 600 ft+ idea.
                  The promotional hype about Gibson not getting his shot.
                  Robinson took it; and Josh died shortly there after. He didn't
                  600 ft hr's everywhere he played, and he didn't hit 800 hr's,
                  over fences throughout his careear, playing barnstorm games
                  against local yokles 1/2 the time.

I doubt if he was much better than Campy, and if he was as good
                  that would be great.......There has been more bs about Josh Gibson
                  than any player in the history of the game.

Paige likely would have won 300+ gms; I doubt if "Poor Old Josh"
                  would have hit 550 hr's; you must understand he couldn't hit Paige,
                  and most of the games were like playing against class D or lower.
                  And they played on many fields w/o fences---hit the gap, and the
                  ball rolls forever.

The ball can only be compressed so much, then friction slows it up.
                  In normal conditions, its unlikley that many balls were hit over 550'
                  by anyone: mabe one by Gibson,one by Mantle, Ruth in spring training,
                  and a couple other players...that's 550' not 600'
                  The ball flew a linear distance of 439 feet at a time of 5.7 seconds , landing in the upper deck 59 feet above the ground. At 59 feet that's to low to fly another 161 feet.
                  Last edited by carsdaddy; 11-11-2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    Jermaine Dye's 464ft shot in Kauffman Stadium

Jose Guillen's 455ft shot

The diagram is slightly out of date due to renovations (there's no videoboard, for one)

But if the diagram is correct, it would be really damn hard to hit the scoreboard. Basically you'd need to hit it to center, have it go 450ish ft, and be 40+ ft plus in the air at 450ft.

Other long home runs
                    475ft - Bo Jackson in 1986
                    480ft - Johnny Bench in the 1973 All-Star Game

Basically anything that's close to 500ft in Kauffman Stadium will leave the stadium. But the stadium is lower than the ground around it, and that complicates things.
                    Have you ever seen this home run , and can you tell me how high the top of the bullpen wall and the fence is ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by carsdaddy View Post

Have you ever seen this home run , and can you tell me how high the top of the bullpen wall and the fence is ?
                      Dave Winfield T = time R = range or distance

Comment

• Didn't the Phillies' Dick or Richie Allen, as he was known in the earliest stage of his career, hit a ball completely out of Connie Mack Stadium? (I think the approximate date was Memorial Day Weekend, late May 1966)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chisox73 View Post

During the 2000 season,Glenallen Hill of the Cubs launched one onto the roof of an apartment building across Waveland Ave.that was measured around 500 feet.Hill claims it was 700 feet.
                          Dave Kingman hit one that landed about 4 houses up Kenmore Ave.(north of Waveland)against Philadelphia in 1979.I believe that was the game the Cubs lost 23-22.(I guess the wind was blowing out at Wrigley that day.)
                          Hill was being interviewed as a retired player about the homerun. He was clearly joking when he said that it was a 700 footer.

Comment

• Originally posted by philliesfiend55 View Post
                            Didn't the Phillies' Dick or Richie Allen, as he was known in the earliest stage of his career, hit a ball completely out of Connie Mack Stadium? (I think the approximate date was Memorial Day Weekend, late May 1966)?
                            He hit multiple HR,s over the roof at Connie Mack the one you sited was hit 5/29/65 I have the article that I will gladly post it you like.
                            Last edited by carsdaddy; 03-30-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• The Left Field Upper Deck in Old Yankee Stadium was a real test .
                              The floor of the 3d deck was 52’ 10” above the field.
                              The far end was 402’ from home plate. The near end 301’
                              A pulled homer could make it there near the line and occasionally one did.

Joe DiMaggio hit several but details are lacking on his and others
                              Such as Zeb Eaton, Elston Howard.. Tom Tresh, Gil McDougald, Tony Kubek
                              Dave Winfield, Joe Gordon, Cliff Johnson, Lance Parrish, Lou Boudreau, Joe Gordon hit a few.
                              Steve Bilko hit a laser shot into an exit but it is not
                              known which exit.

Those illustrated have sufficient detail to plot…..

The Foxx home run is 430’ from home plate; a line drive
                              Mantle’s 425’, 425’ and 411’ all line drives; Barfield’s 391’;
                              Scott’s 395’; Howard’s 418’, hit high.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Great detail and graphics , I really like when guy present their position with visuals and detail.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X