No announcement yet.

Longest Home Runs Ever by Ballpark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• II always thought this one by Pete Incaviglia was the longest at old Arlington Stadium

Comment

• I'll get back to you one this one. I'm going to try to determine how far it went . I saw Jackson hit one back in 75 to deep RF that I believe went further than that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by burroughsmvp View Post
        II always thought this one by Pete Incaviglia was the longest at old Arlington Stadium
        aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadom - Copy.png

Comment

• Originally posted by carsdaddy View Post
          ARLINGTON ST II.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            Jermaine Dye's 464ft shot in Kauffman Stadium

Jose Guillen's 455ft shot

The diagram is slightly out of date due to renovations (there's no videoboard, for one)

But if the diagram is correct, it would be really damn hard to hit the scoreboard. Basically you'd need to hit it to center, have it go 450ish ft, and be 40+ ft plus in the air at 450ft.

Other long home runs
            475ft - Bo Jackson in 1986
            480ft - Johnny Bench in the 1973 All-Star Game

Basically anything that's close to 500ft in Kauffman Stadium will leave the stadium. But the stadium is lower than the ground around it, and that complicates things.

Comment

• The longest homerun ever hit in pro baseball , so they say.
              Last edited by carsdaddy; 11-01-2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• The longest in Royal Stadium.

https://youtu.be/SH_pKaI2nwM

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post

Here is an overhead shot of that Mantle shot. Detroit Sept 10,1960
                  On the fly , no way.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• The Sep 10, 1960 Mantle over the roof shot was badly documented excepting the measurements they took to an incorrect landing spot. It was stated it hit caromed off the RC light tower
                    when it was actually the RF light tower. The ball most likely landed in the street in front of the Brooks lumber Co. No way to know how much
                    the carom took from the distance. Papers the following day showed the ball just as it was about to hit the tower. Clearly it was the Right Field tower. the ball was about 98' above the field when it struck the tower.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by elmer; 12-18-2020, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by elmer View Post
                      The Sep 10, 1960 Mantle over the roof shot was badly documented excepting the measurements they took to an incorrect landing spot. It was stated it hit caromed off the RC light tower
                      when it was actually the RF light tower. The ball most likely landed in the street in front of the Brooks lumber Co. No way to know how much
                      the carom took from the distance. Papers the following day showed the ball just as it was about to hit the tower. Clearly it was the Right Field tower. the ball was about 98' above the field when it struck the tower.
                      That's a hell of a drive ,and had it not ricocheted off the light tower it was going to be a 500 footer. What I would like to know is how much beyond 500 it would have been. Those are really great graphic's.

Comment

That's a hell of a drive ,and had it not ricocheted off the light tower it was going to be a 500 footer. What I would like to know is how much beyond 500 it would have been. Those are really great graphic's.
                        Mantle sure love to hit at Briggs stadium. 600 homerun's for sure had he been a Tiger.

Comment

On the fly , no way.
                          I think the ball was higher than 98 ft.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by carsdaddy; 12-18-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• hi point of the press box roof was 12 feet above the GS roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by elmer View Post
                              hi point of the press box roof was 12 feet above the GS roof.
                              I'm operating from the belief that the roof at it's highest point is 94 ft and the press box roof is 110 ft above grd. I got my information from pictures I've scaled and a Tiger stadium program, do you have a better source ?

Comment

• MH.jpg Roof is 82' press box 94'. I'll make it an even 100'.
                                There are other quotes too, but Andrew Clem was actually on the site when the park was torn down. I asked him to
                                ask those who knew and he came back to me corroborating 82' and 94'. It works with the Sanborn map dimensions given for the outside walls and then comparing this and other
                                photos showing those areas. 75' for the highest points, 60' for the bleacher wall just left of the RF GS and 36' for the floor of the bleacher
                                upper deck. Top of lights is 140+ feet. Deconstruction photos show the field and street level is the same.

heights.jpg .
                                Last edited by elmer; 12-19-2020, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X