replied
    Navin Field
    Navin p.png

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    Griffith Stadium
    Griffp.jpg

Last edited by elmer; 01-11-2021, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    a.png 1922 map of Shibe Park area -

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    Shibe b.png Shibe Park 1965

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    Memorial.png Memorial Stad. Baltimore

Leave a comment:

• carsdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by elmer View Post
    Countya.jpg County Stadium
    Thanks , I'll add this one to my collection.
    Last edited by carsdaddy; 01-10-2021, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    Countya.jpg County Stadium
    Last edited by elmer; 01-10-2021, 06:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    On one occasion Babe indicated he wasn't sure which CF homer was longer but on another he said this one was.
    He hit 4 or 5 over CF, One in 1921, almost hit a bystander on the sidewalk, another, probably not as long, landed in the road. Still another
    went "high and far" to the right of the clock, on 9.8.1927. He hit two that day, 3 on 9.7.1927 that included one to the middle of the CF bleachers, and
    his possible 2d longest a somewhat higher blast to almost exactly the same direction as the one in 1928.
    Cartoon drawing of the homer. bb.jpg
    Last edited by elmer; 01-05-2021, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• carsdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by elmer View Post
    July 23, 1928, (not 1926 as the article states) Ruth hit the far corner of the garage across the street
    evidently landing among the those perched on the roof in front of the sign board there. That signboard
    is still there with another added to its left. Reports state it flew over 37 foot wall 15 - 20 and 20 feet above it.
    the garage roof is a few feet lower than the 37 foot wall but still allowed spectators to see enough of
    the game to know the home run ball was coming.
    2.jpg 1.jpg
    Thank's for the information, base on this and other publications I have read , I believe that it's likely that Ruth hit the longest homerun at Fenway.

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    July 23, 1928, (not 1926 as the article states) Ruth hit the far corner of the garage across the street
    evidently landing among the those perched on the roof in front of the sign board there. That signboard
    is still there with another added to its left. Reports state it flew over 37 foot wall 15 - 20 and 20 feet above it.
    the garage roof is a few feet lower than the 37 foot wall but still allowed spectators to see enough of
    the game to know the home run ball was coming.
    2.jpg 1.jpg
    Last edited by elmer; 01-04-2021, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• carsdaddy
    replied
    I have read account's that say Ruth hit the longest home run in Fenway history, in more than one publication. I'm a big fan of long ball history , but clearly I have nothing on you, obviously you are really into this. My point being , if I have read this I know you have too, so how do we know who is correct and who isn't ?

On another note I have a video clip of the Yaz homerun in 77, I actually saw the game, I'll have to dig it out , but here's a graphic of the HR anyway.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by carsdaddy; 01-04-2021, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elmer
    replied
    Aug. 10, 2003 Boston Globe notes some past long homers at Fenway, including "to the right of the flag pole" Ruth hit two not mentioned
    that were right of the flag pole where it was positioned after 1933, but left of where it was prior. A few others just inches or a couple of feet
    left of the pole were Don Lenhardt, Ken Keltner, Rick Reichardt, and Dwight Evans A Few alsol have been hit over the screen in deep LC not far from the pole. BG 8.10.2003 copy.jpg
    Last edited by elmer; 12-30-2020, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• carsdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post

For sure in the area of 500 feet or more. Even a high arc hit ball had to come down at least 480, just to clear that 461 mark, thats conservative. Depending on the arc and the highest point of the arc, could have come down 40 or 60 feet past that 461 foot marker.
    Yeah that's 500 ft,, they said it landed 15 row's beyond the fence. Each row about 2.5 ft plus the distance between the fence and the bleachers ,maybe 5 ft. I'd say it definitely in the low 500's, providing it's a line drive.
    Last edited by carsdaddy; 12-21-2020, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X