Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Road Trips

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2006 Road Trips

    just wondering if has plans already to go on road trips next season.

    i am planning on goint to chicago / milwaukee on april 21 - april 25
    APRIL 21 CIN vs. MIL
    APRIL 23 MIN vs. CWS
    APRIL 24 FLA vs. CHC

    where is everyone else going

  • #2
    Here is my Spring Training Road Trips
    Baltimore Orioles @ Vero 2 Times
    Baltimore Orioles @ Port St Lucie 2 times
    Baltimore Orioles @ Jupiter 4 Times
    Washington @ Baltimore Orioles @ Fort Lauderdale
    New York Mets @ Baltimore Orioles @ Fort Lauderdale
    Boston @ Baltimore Orioles @ Fort Lauderdale

    Comment


    • #3
      Tough to figure out roadtrips with most teams not yet posting their schedules for 2006, but I am hoping to hit at least three different Cape Cod games on a little trip this summer.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll probably be attending a few Reds games, being as I live close to Cincy, maybe a Philly game or 2 when im in NJ and perhaps a Baltimore or DC game

        I'll probably also make it to a few Triple-A Louisville Bats games

        Comment


        • #5
          In the summer I enjoy to visit the 5 ballparks here in California and either Seattle or Arizona also

          Comment


          • #6
            i'm thinking about doing one with some friends

            never done anything like this before really, and i'm looking for some help.

            i always thought it'd be fun to drive from here (southern cali) to the east coast and see some baseball games, but i've decided it's be better to keep it a little more local.

            i'd like to go to all the stadiums of the western division teams (including houston).

            i first tried to think of a time frame that would allow me and my friends to go (i'm still not sure), but i've narrowed it down to late july through august.

            I've been looking at the schedules for each of the teams for awhile now and have come up with a couple different routes or options, none of which would allow us to go to all 10 parks. I'm still trying to see if there's a way to get us to all 10 parks and see 10 games...without having to rush the trip or extend it by several days. The one stadium i don't mind missing is dodger stadium because we have all been there many times.

            I could do without the two texas teams if it would allow us to hit all the other stadiums, but that doesn't seem possible to me. I'd like to get the two of them in though

            the best option i've come up with so far has us leaving August 5th, going to all the parks (except ARI and LOS), getting back on ~ August 21

            we'd go to the stadiums in this order....SF-OAK-SEA-COL-TEX-HOU-SAN-ANA

            next bext option...
            leave on July 22nd
            get back on August 7th
            going to SF-OAK-SEA-COL-ARI-SAN-LOS

            so that last one just completely skips TEX and HOU and also misses ANA

            but if we could get from phoenix to an diego in a day (leave in morning and make it in time to watch game in san diego later that day) then we could also get ANA in there

            so we could get 8 of the 10 i was first shooting for


            that's just been one of the issues i've come against
            the other is money

            i figured this....
            $500 = cost of gas (to all ten parks)
            and if four of us go we could split it to $125 each person

            $25 = ticket to game

            $10 = parking?

            $60 = lodging (per person/per night)
            wasn't too sure about this...i thought somewhere around $50 - $70 would be the cheapest

            $25 = food (one person, one day)


            so if we were going to do the trip that allows us to hit all the parks but texas and houston....i think it'd cost about....
            $1800 per person h



            hoping someone here can help me out and give me better solutions or any advice.

            maybe i need to scale down the trip again...i don't know


            i should also add that this trip would not be just to see baseball games, but also to see some of the country.
            ...we came in
            it's time for dodger baseball!
            is this where...

            Comment


            • #7
              By pure coincidence I happen to be not only going to Baltimore, but ending my day at Camden MARC Station just outside Oriole Park where the birds just so happen to be playing the Deviil Rays! I guess the gods of baseball are shining down on me, can't miss that opertunity for fun

              If I am lucky, I should be able to squeeze in at least one trip down to Washington and one to Philadelphia to see the Nats and the Phillies, but that depends on whether I can work out train schedules in my favor
              Best posts ever:
              Originally posted by nymdan
              Too... much... math... head... hurts...
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dabum1
                i'm thinking about doing one with some friends

                never done anything like this before really, and i'm looking for some help.

                i always thought it'd be fun to drive from here (southern cali) to the east coast and see some baseball games, but i've decided it's be better to keep it a little more local.

                i'd like to go to all the stadiums of the western division teams (including houston).

                i first tried to think of a time frame that would allow me and my friends to go (i'm still not sure), but i've narrowed it down to late july through august.

                I've been looking at the schedules for each of the teams for awhile now and have come up with a couple different routes or options, none of which would allow us to go to all 10 parks. I'm still trying to see if there's a way to get us to all 10 parks and see 10 games...without having to rush the trip or extend it by several days. The one stadium i don't mind missing is dodger stadium because we have all been there many times.

                I could do without the two texas teams if it would allow us to hit all the other stadiums, but that doesn't seem possible to me. I'd like to get the two of them in though

                the best option i've come up with so far has us leaving August 5th, going to all the parks (except ARI and LOS), getting back on ~ August 21

                we'd go to the stadiums in this order....SF-OAK-SEA-COL-TEX-HOU-SAN-ANA

                next bext option...
                leave on July 22nd
                get back on August 7th
                going to SF-OAK-SEA-COL-ARI-SAN-LOS

                so that last one just completely skips TEX and HOU and also misses ANA

                but if we could get from phoenix to an diego in a day (leave in morning and make it in time to watch game in san diego later that day) then we could also get ANA in there

                so we could get 8 of the 10 i was first shooting for


                that's just been one of the issues i've come against
                the other is money

                i figured this....
                $500 = cost of gas (to all ten parks)
                and if four of us go we could split it to $125 each person

                $25 = ticket to game

                $10 = parking?

                $60 = lodging (per person/per night)
                wasn't too sure about this...i thought somewhere around $50 - $70 would be the cheapest

                $25 = food (one person, one day)


                so if we were going to do the trip that allows us to hit all the parks but texas and houston....i think it'd cost about....
                $1800 per person h



                hoping someone here can help me out and give me better solutions or any advice.

                maybe i need to scale down the trip again...i don't know


                i should also add that this trip would not be just to see baseball games, but also to see some of the country.
                JMO, but I'd break it up into two or maybe three smaller trips. If you're going to all these cities, you should allow some time to see the sights as well. Breaking it up allows you to accomplish both objectives and will cost less.

                You might also consider flying into some cities and renting a car to drive to another close by location. In a short trip, that might work out cheaper.

                But by all means go on a road trip...it's a great time!
                Integrity matters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  2006 trip(s)

                  I will definitely do one trip this year, maybe 2. It all depends on finding someone to go with me. My 10 games in 9 days trip to Boston last year was cut short by a family death, so I missed out on games in Nashua, Brockton and Norwich. But I am definitely going to do a major road trip for the 3rd year in a row.

                  I am thinking of doing a midwest trip starting in KC and going to see the 3 teams in that general area (Royals, T-Bones & St. Joe's new team) and then hitting Wichita, Lincoln, a game or 2 of the College WS, and then possibly the Dakotas or some Midwest league games in Iowa. Would love to make it to the Metrodome before it's gone.

                  The other trip I am considering is one to the Carolinas. Hopefully I could fit in a game at Turner but I really don't want to drive to Atlanta for a day then turn around and head back to NC. Also could possibly see a Smokies game or maybe some Appy League games.

                  Still in the planning stages so I'll be sure and post my final itinerary for input on things to do during the day before the games at night.
                  "The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There are only 3 logical baseball roadtrips to go on

                    1. Bos, NYM, NYY, PHILLY, BAL, D.C. 6 ballaprks can add Pittsburgh or even Cincinatti instead of Bal/DC- Very heard to find cheap Red Sox tickets

                    2. Min, Mil, Chc, Chw, STL, KC Could add Cle,Cin, Pitt instead of the Missouri part- Not much to see besides the staduims- Cubs tickets tend to be expensive Best idea it try to find access to a Waveland rooftop-Most fun I have had ever at a ballpark

                    3. SD,LAA,LAD, Oak,SF. Either Sea or Arizona -Could start in Phoenix and do all 7 Best trip for people on the West Coast- Giant tickets tend to be expensive

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jake83
                      There are only 3 logical baseball roadtrips to go on

                      1. Bos, NYM, NYY, PHILLY, BAL, D.C. 6 ballaprks can add Pittsburgh or even Cincinatti instead of Bal/DC-
                      To those cities I'd skip driving and take a plane or Amtrak. It will cost you more to drive as those cities are killer on drivers and parking is a huge premium. Plus in Boston and New York part of the experience is taking the train

                      Very heard to find cheap Red Sox tickets
                      Buy early and buy off peak(April/May, August/September) and buy tickets to see the lousy teams and sitting in the bleachers.
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jake83
                        There are only 3 logical baseball roadtrips to go on
                        Not to be argumentative, but are you kidding? I did Beloit-Quad Cities-Memphis-West Tennessee-Nashville- South Bend, which was pretty kick ass.

                        If you want to stick with the majors, I have done an alternative to your midwest route which was Chi-N, Det, Tor, Cleve, Chi-A, with Lansing, Jamestown and Toledo thrown in.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Heres the one i like them to make.
                          May 31st in Atlanta Dodgers vs Braves
                          June 1st in Baltimore Rays vs Orioles
                          June 2ND in Pittsburgh Padres vs Pirates
                          June 3rd in New York Giants vs Mets
                          June 4th in Rochester AAA game
                          June 5th in New York Red Sox vs Yankees
                          June 6th in Cleveland A`s vs Indians

                          Price $4,000 Comes with hotel rooms 2 nights in NYC,One Night in Baltimore,One Night in pittsburgh and One Night in Cleveland
                          Youll arrive at turner field with your luggage at 4:30PM and ticket to watch Dodgers vs Braves. After Dodgers vs Braves its off to baltimore on bus. Should be in baltimore by 8AM Check in at 1PM Then youll meet at the bus at 6PM its Off to camden yards Rays vs Orioles. After game you meet the bus back at hotel. Then check out at 10:30 bus leaves at 11AM Its off to Pittsburgh should arrive at 3:30PM .Then youll meet bus at 6PM to PNC park.After the game bus takes you back at hotel. Then checkout at 10:30 bus leaves for NYC should be there at 2PM Then meet bus at 5PM for Shea stadium.After Giants vs Mets game bus takes you back at hotel and then you have a choice sightsee NYC or go to Rochester game or take cab to watch the mets again but its not provided. Next Day youll check out at 10:35AM you can sightsee NYC and then Then youll meet the bus again at 5PM to go to yankee stadium Red Sox vs Yankees then after the game bus leaves for cleveland.Youll arrive in cleveland at noon check in cleveland hotel.Meet bus at 6PM for Jacobs Field A`s vs Indians Then after game bus takes you back to hotel.Then checkout at 10 AM leave for cleveland airport youll catch your own trip back home.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ultimate Road Trip #2

                            Last summer, my son (16) and I saw 12 MLB games in 12 days in 12 different cities: MN, MIL, DET, CLEV, BOS, NYM, PHIL, WASH, PITT, CIN, CHW & KC.

                            We're planning another trip this summer, beginning Thursday, July 13 following the All-Star Break: STL, CHC, PITT, BALT, Reading Phillies, NYY, Baseball Hall of Fame, TOR, CHW, Iowa Cubs & KC. We've added two minor league games this year. Helps to have family and friends to stay with at least 1/2 the time to cut down on expenses.

                            We're also talking about making a swing to Texas to see the Astros and Rangers (we live about 50 miles northeast of Wichita, KS - not the easiest place from which to plan a baseball trip!).

                            Go Phils!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If someone wants to leave the planning to someone else, you can always go to www.jaybuckley.com, Jay Buckley's baseball tours. I haven't been on one myself, but I've heard from those who have say that they're excellent.

                              For me, I'm hitting ST in Florida the third weekend in February, just after pitchers and catchers report. I'm also planning a trip to Wrigley either the last weekend in April or the 2nd weekend in May. I've been to Wrigley a few times and I love it, plus Chicago is an awesome city!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X