Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Road Trips

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    that is a great website....i will keep it in mind for 2007 possibly

    Comment


    • #17
      The plan is

      June 29 @ San Fran
      June 30 @ Anaheim
      July 1 @ San Diego (and maybe Oakland or Anaheim earlier that day)
      July 2 @ Oakland
      July 3 @ Dodgers

      Five days, five different parks, five (or six) games
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        The plan is

        June 29 @ San Fran
        June 30 @ Anaheim
        July 1 @ San Diego (and maybe Oakland or Anaheim earlier that day)
        July 2 @ Oakland
        July 3 @ Dodgers

        Five days, five different parks, five (or six) games
        that is a hell of alot of driving to go from san fran to anaheim...in one day, then back up to oakland (right next to san fran) and then back down to LA (next to anaheim again)

        i was in san diego last july and a 97 mile (90 min) drive from san diego to anaheim took me about 3.5 hours.

        good luck with that california traffic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bigworm_122
          that is a hell of alot of driving to go from san fran to anaheim...in one day, then back up to oakland (right next to san fran) and then back down to LA (next to anaheim again)

          i was in san diego last july and a 97 mile (90 min) drive from san diego to anaheim took me about 3.5 hours.

          good luck with that california traffic
          Guess I've got a LOT to learn h
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
            The plan is

            June 29 @ San Fran
            June 30 @ Anaheim
            July 1 @ San Diego (and maybe Oakland or Anaheim earlier that day)
            July 2 @ Oakland
            July 3 @ Dodgers

            Five days, five different parks, five (or six) games
            Hey, guess what just got shot to pieces, just last night
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by RuthMayBond
              Hey, guess what just got shot to pieces, just last night
              Best laid plans gangly go astray.

              I'm going to be in Chicago around the dates bigworm mentioned. If only I can convince my non-baseball loving friends we should follow his lead . . .
              As the driver, though, I'll get one of those games into the plans.
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                Best laid plans gangly go astray.

                I'm going to be in Chicago around the dates bigworm mentioned. If only I can convince my non-baseball loving friends we should follow his lead . . .
                As the driver, though, I'll get one of those games into the plans.
                that sounds great....i just can't wait for tickets to go on sale. i hoped i don't get sold out of any of the games i want to go to

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'm planning on going to Milwaukee this summer,and there's a remote possibility that I may go to San Diego in July.

                  SD is just in the planning stages.Milwaukee is a definate,since it's only a 2 hour drive from where I live.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Chisox73
                    I'm planning on going to Milwaukee this summer,and there's a remote possibility that I may go to San Diego in July.

                    SD is just in the planning stages.Milwaukee is a definate,since it's only a 2 hour drive from where I live.
                    san diego is great....i was their last july...unfortunatley the padres weren't in town but i took a tour of the stadium. the area around the stadium is still being built up and their is a lot of construction. they have plans for a few more condo towers right near the stadium.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bigworm_122
                      that is a hell of alot of driving to go from san fran to anaheim...in one day, then back up to oakland (right next to san fran) and then back down to LA (next to anaheim again)

                      i was in san diego last july and a 97 mile (90 min) drive from san diego to anaheim took me about 3.5 hours.

                      good luck with that california traffic

                      It should never take someone 3 1/2 hours to drive from Orange County to San Deigo.
                      Last edited by Jake83; 01-24-2006, 03:19 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        The plan is

                        June 29 @ San Fran
                        June 30 @ Anaheim
                        July 1 @ San Diego (and maybe Oakland or Anaheim earlier that day)
                        July 2 @ Oakland
                        July 3 @ Dodgers

                        Five days, five different parks, five (or six) games

                        This is better

                        June 29th Giants vs Texas

                        June 30th Oakland vs Arizona

                        July 1st Big A Angels vs Dodgers ( I would buy tickets to this early) This is an afternoon game so you can drive to San Deigo that evening and catch the game at Petco with the Giants

                        July 2nd Padres vs Giants

                        July 3rd Dodgers vs Arizona

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jake83
                          It should never take someone 3 1/2 hours to drive from Orange County to San Deigo.
                          well, its not my fault it took me that long...i didn't cause the traffic. i am telling you. i left san diego @ 2:00 and got to angel stadium @ 5:30

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bigworm_122
                            well, its not my fault it took me that long...i didn't cause the traffic. i am telling you. i left san diego @ 2:00 and got to angel stadium @ 5:30
                            To help you out Next time take the 15 North to the 91 West it is longer mileage wise but will save you time.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Jake83
                              This is better

                              June 29th Giants vs Texas

                              June 30th Oakland vs Arizona

                              July 1st Big A Angels vs Dodgers ( I would buy tickets to this early) This is an afternoon game so you can drive to San Deigo that evening and catch the game at Petco with the Giants

                              July 2nd Padres vs Giants

                              July 3rd Dodgers vs Arizona
                              This possibility got nixed for me anyway
                              Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                              Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by bigworm_122
                                well, its not my fault it took me that long...i didn't cause the traffic. i am telling you. i left san diego @ 2:00 and got to angel stadium @ 5:30
                                So I better allow LOTS of time? (my new schedule is Aug 4-8)
                                Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                                Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X