• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmascio
    replied
    June Road Trip

Hey all,

I've got a road trip we've been planning for a few months, looks like it might come together.

Jun02- [email protected]
    Jun03- Travel
    Jun04- [email protected]
    Jun05- [email protected]
    Jun06- [email protected]
    Jun07- [email protected]
    Jun08- Travel
    Jun09- [email protected]
    Jun10- [email protected]

Pretty linear, overall. A bit of backtracking from Arizona back west, but it'll be a good time. I'm a Philly fan, and my buddy is a die-hard Mets fan, so its a plus we get to see them on a west coast swing.

We did a trip two summers ago over memorial day. 5 days, went Baltimore- Cleveland- Pittsburgh- Boston- Philly. Good time, that was.

We've got a free day unplanned yet between Phoenix and San Diego, anyone have any good ideas for plans then? The NCAA super reigonals start on friday the 9th, so no ASU baseball games around.

Justin

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    I want to say our six pack is somewhere out in RF. I, for one, don't mind sitting in the OF.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by sschirmer
    I buy cheap seats these days, because I'm too afraid to seat where a foul ball could kill my kid.
    Oh, you can get expensive seats behind home in the upper deck

<I guess I'm paranoid, but last year we sat two rows behind the Tribe dugout against Baltimore. Thank God we left our daughter at home, a little kid could certainly get nailed down there, and a little boy did, on the first base side. I can't imagine what his parents were going through.>

I know what you mean. I went to a minor league game with my wife. We were just off of the screen behind the plate, front row, awesome seats but my glove was always up. It looked like we were closer to the catcher than the shortstop was. Someone got nailed behind the 3B dugout h but fortunately someone found a doctor

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    I buy cheap seats these days, because I'm too afraid to seat where a foul ball could kill my kid. I guess I'm paranoid, but last year we sat two rows behind the Tribe dugout against Baltimore. Thank God we left our daughter at home, a little kid could certainly get nailed down there, and a little boy did, on the first base side. I can't imagine what his parents were going through.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    I have crappy seats, how about you?
    I always buy the cheapest seat available and stand on the home run porch. If you wanna know where Manny Ramirez's fourth career HR ended up ...

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    I have crappy seats, how about you?

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    I got the "Collectors Edition" Six Pack. All Six games are Bobble Head give away dates.

Unfortunately, I'm too far West to catch any splash balls.
    I will see YOU on April 29th :gt Actually, you'll probably avoid me, but that's understandable
    Last edited by RuthMayBond; 02-02-2006, 08:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    I got the "Collectors Edition" Six Pack. All Six games are Bobble Head give away dates.

Unfortunately, I'm too far West to catch any splash balls.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    I've got a six pack of Indians Tickets, so those are a sealed deal.
    Which games? (the only ones I'm guaranteed this year is the Apr 29 bobblehead

<I live about 2500 feet from Great American Ballpark>

Did you catch the one that Dunn smashed into the river?

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    I've got a six pack of Indians Tickets, so those are a sealed deal.
    I live about 2500 feet from Great American Ballpark, I'm sure several Reds games are in the mix.
    I'm doing Coors Field in June and Kauffman Stadium in August.
    Plus my annual pilgramage to Wrigley.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    Absolutely. I'll probably drive West Coast Orange and Black AND [email protected] crazy enough that they'll be posting about me. At Jacob's Field I tend to catch about one ball every other game so that would be two and a half in five games. Since the parks are new to me, I'm aiming for catching two (hopefully it'll be like the Toronto Skydome). And another possibility for a weekend JUST opened up 6/29-7/3.
    Just got my credits from the airline posted to my account

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    Absolutely. I'll probably drive West Coast Orange and Black AND [email protected] crazy enough that they'll be posting about me. At Jacob's Field I tend to catch about one ball every other game so that would be two and a half in five games. Since the parks are new to me, I'm aiming for catching two (hopefully it'll be like the Toronto Skydome). And another possibility for a weekend JUST opened up 6/29-7/3.
    another trip may be opening up for me also...a friend of mine was showing a book to his fiance of the stadiums we are going to this year, and she flipped open to the great american ballpark, and she said she would like to go, don't know when though, it is a long drive from long island

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by bigworm_122
    make sure you come back here and post how it went....i would love to hear it

Leave a comment:

• bigworm_122
    replied
    The drive to LA won't be bad, I'll be staying there. But if catching five parks in five days using a $80 roundtrip ticket from the other side of the country, and staying with a friend, ain't fun, then stick a fork in me
    make sure you come back here and post how it went....i would love to hear it

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by bigworm_122
    good luck with that...it still seem like alot fo driving to me with the drive to oakland & san fran then back to LA...but i hope you have fun.
    The drive to LA won't be bad, I'll be staying there. But if catching five parks in five days using a $80 roundtrip ticket from the other side of the country, and staying with a friend, ain't fun, then stick a fork in me

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X