2006 Road Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay away from the Big A on Tuesday nights

Stay away from the Coliseum on Wed nights ( Raider night)

Stay out of the left field bleachers at Chavez Ravine

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
      Stay away from the Big A on Tuesday nights

Stay away from the Coliseum on Wed nights ( Raider night)

Stay out of the left field bleachers at Chavez Ravine
      Any particular reasons?
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        Any particular reasons?

Wed night at the Coliseum is discount night and for some reason Raider fans come to the ballpark. Just think a White Sox game but only worse

Tuesday night at the Big A is the same and most of the good seats are all ready taken so you will be stuck in the outfield bleachers with a bunch of working class type of fans who like to get drunk and yell at players.

Any game sitting in the left field bleachers at Dodger Staduim is like walking down Soto in East LA at 1 in the morning

Comment

Here's the new plan (yeah, how soon will THIS be shot down?)

Aug. 4 - @Padres, T-shirt giveaway
          Aug. 5 - @Angels, possibility of @Padres that night
          Aug. 6 - @Giants
          Aug. 7 - @Athletics
          Aug. 8 - @Dodgers
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Here's the new plan (yeah, how soon will THIS be shot down?)

Aug. 4 - @Padres, T-shirt giveaway
            Aug. 5 - @Angels, possibility of @Padres that night
            Aug. 6 - @Giants
            Aug. 7 - @Athletics
            Aug. 8 - @Dodgers
            good luck with that...it still seem like alot fo driving to me with the drive to oakland & san fran then back to LA...but i hope you have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm_122
              good luck with that...it still seem like alot fo driving to me with the drive to oakland & san fran then back to LA...but i hope you have fun.
              The drive to LA won't be bad, I'll be staying there. But if catching five parks in five days using a $80 roundtrip ticket from the other side of the country, and staying with a friend, ain't fun, then stick a fork in me

Comment

The drive to LA won't be bad, I'll be staying there. But if catching five parks in five days using a $80 roundtrip ticket from the other side of the country, and staying with a friend, ain't fun, then stick a fork in me
                make sure you come back here and post how it went....i would love to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm_122
                  make sure you come back here and post how it went....i would love to hear it
                  Absolutely. I'll probably drive West Coast Orange and Black AND [email protected] crazy enough that they'll be posting about me. At Jacob's Field I tend to catch about one ball every other game so that would be two and a half in five games. Since the parks are new to me, I'm aiming for catching two (hopefully it'll be like the Toronto Skydome). And another possibility for a weekend JUST opened up 6/29-7/3.

Comment

Absolutely. I'll probably drive West Coast Orange and Black AND [email protected] crazy enough that they'll be posting about me. At Jacob's Field I tend to catch about one ball every other game so that would be two and a half in five games. Since the parks are new to me, I'm aiming for catching two (hopefully it'll be like the Toronto Skydome). And another possibility for a weekend JUST opened up 6/29-7/3.
                    another trip may be opening up for me also...a friend of mine was showing a book to his fiance of the stadiums we are going to this year, and she flipped open to the great american ballpark, and she said she would like to go, don't know when though, it is a long drive from long island

Comment

Just got my credits from the airline posted to my account

Comment

I've got a six pack of Indians Tickets, so those are a sealed deal.
                        I live about 2500 feet from Great American Ballpark, I'm sure several Reds games are in the mix.
                        I'm doing Coors Field in June and Kauffman Stadium in August.
                        Plus my annual pilgramage to Wrigley.
                        I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
                          I've got a six pack of Indians Tickets, so those are a sealed deal.
                          Which games? (the only ones I'm guaranteed this year is the Apr 29 bobblehead

<I live about 2500 feet from Great American Ballpark>

Did you catch the one that Dunn smashed into the river?

Comment

I got the "Collectors Edition" Six Pack. All Six games are Bobble Head give away dates.

Unfortunately, I'm too far West to catch any splash balls.

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
                              I got the "Collectors Edition" Six Pack. All Six games are Bobble Head give away dates.

Unfortunately, I'm too far West to catch any splash balls.
                              I will see YOU on April 29th :gt Actually, you'll probably avoid me, but that's understandable
                              Last edited by RuthMayBond; 02-02-2006, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I have crappy seats, how about you?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X