Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sschirmer
    I have crappy seats, how about you?
    I always buy the cheapest seat available and stand on the home run porch. If you wanna know where Manny Ramirez's fourth career HR ended up ...
    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

I buy cheap seats these days, because I'm too afraid to seat where a foul ball could kill my kid. I guess I'm paranoid, but last year we sat two rows behind the Tribe dugout against Baltimore. Thank God we left our daughter at home, a little kid could certainly get nailed down there, and a little boy did, on the first base side. I can't imagine what his parents were going through.
      I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
        I buy cheap seats these days, because I'm too afraid to seat where a foul ball could kill my kid.
        Oh, you can get expensive seats behind home in the upper deck

<I guess I'm paranoid, but last year we sat two rows behind the Tribe dugout against Baltimore. Thank God we left our daughter at home, a little kid could certainly get nailed down there, and a little boy did, on the first base side. I can't imagine what his parents were going through.>

I know what you mean. I went to a minor league game with my wife. We were just off of the screen behind the plate, front row, awesome seats but my glove was always up. It looked like we were closer to the catcher than the shortstop was. Someone got nailed behind the 3B dugout h but fortunately someone found a doctor
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

I want to say our six pack is somewhere out in RF. I, for one, don't mind sitting in the OF.

Comment

June Road Trip

Hey all,

I've got a road trip we've been planning for a few months, looks like it might come together.

Jun02- [email protected]
            Jun03- Travel
            Jun04- [email protected]
            Jun05- [email protected]
            Jun06- [email protected]
            Jun07- [email protected]
            Jun08- Travel
            Jun09- [email protected]
            Jun10- [email protected]

Pretty linear, overall. A bit of backtracking from Arizona back west, but it'll be a good time. I'm a Philly fan, and my buddy is a die-hard Mets fan, so its a plus we get to see them on a west coast swing.

We did a trip two summers ago over memorial day. 5 days, went Baltimore- Cleveland- Pittsburgh- Boston- Philly. Good time, that was.

We've got a free day unplanned yet between Phoenix and San Diego, anyone have any good ideas for plans then? The NCAA super reigonals start on friday the 9th, so no ASU baseball games around.

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by jmascio
              Hey all,

I've got a road trip we've been planning for a few months, looks like it might come together.

Jun02- [email protected]
              Jun03- Travel
              Jun04- [email protected]
              Jun05- [email protected]
              Jun06- [email protected]
              Jun07- [email protected]
              Jun08- Travel
              Jun09- [email protected]
              Jun10- [email protected]

Pretty linear, overall. A bit of backtracking from Arizona back west, but it'll be a good time.
              If you are able to adjust your schedule, Jun 4 @ LAD is Photo Day, and Jun 11 @ SF is an Alou bobblehead

Comment

I believe we're hitting T-Shirt night in Seattle, and Ballcap night in San Diego. I can only hope we get the Camo caps at the Padres game.

Comment

Moving to AZ

Well I am moving to AZ later this month so will be going to some games in Arizona and possibly Southern California for the first time. I don't have the dates firmed up yet though.
                  Take Solace in the knowledge that, whatever else can be said of you,you didn't trade Brock for Broglio

Comment

I think Great American should have "free insurance premium night". Hell, I know I would go!

Comment

Doing a drive with a buddy this summer. We are both coaches and teachers (summers off), and we are starting here in Seattle and doing a circle of the U.S. NOT just for baseball, but we will hit some games. Wrigley,@ St. L(new stadium), @Cin (to sit in the diamond club and eat and drink until we can't anymore), Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, @Was and @Hou. Maybe 1 more if we have time.

We are just seeing the sights and hitting some Six Flags parks with our season passes to ride roller coasters as well.

I will be at a lot of Mariner games this year, and at Opening Day in Houston as well.

Comment

If I can scrounge up enough cash I'm going to try to head down to New York city this summer. I hope to see both a Mets and Yankees game. I want to ger to both those stadiums before they close, especially Yankee Stadium. I'm looking at the end of May right now but anywhere between May and July is a distinct possibility.
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

2006 Carolina Trip - Finalized

Just finalized our 06 trip. Itinerary is as follows:

7/15 (Sat) - Savannah @ Kannapolis
                          7/16 (Sun) - Delmarva @ Hickory
                          7/17 (Mon) - Columbus @ Charlotte
                          7/18 (Tue) - Day off to tour NASCAR shops
                          7/19 (Wed) - Day - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre @ Durham
                          7/19 (Wed) - Night - Delmarva @ Greensboro
                          7/20 (Thu) - Columbus @ Asheville
                          7/21 (Fri) - Myrtle Beach @ Winston-Salem
                          7/22 (Sat) - Kingsville @ Burlington

We were going to try to see the other 2 Carolina based teams (Carolina & Kinston) but we just thought that would be too much driving. I'll have to check out those parks during a future trip. I will also be seeing games during a trip to see family in St. Louis:

6/16 (Fri) Wichita @ Arkansas - Before Ray Winder Field is gone
                          6/18 (Sun) Colorado @ St. Louis - The new Busch Stadium on Father's Day
                          6/24 (Sat) Washington @ Gateway - First trip to GMC Stadium

Trying to get over to KC to see Kauffman & CommunityAmerica as well.

Closing in on 50 baseball stadiums.
                          "The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."

Comment

I know its a long way away but I am planning (slowly) a trip to see every stadium in the majors next year. I hope to also see other sporting events (CWS, LLWS, maybe a golf tournament, etc..) Its going to take some time to plan and save up for but I hope to be able to stay on the road for up to 6 months (atleast 3 is goal)

Comment

Will visit this summer
                              Minute Maid Park
                              Coors Field
                              Ameriquest Field
                              Safeco Field
                              http://capitalfrontiers.com

Comment

A group of five of us from Minnesota are taking our second road trip this summer. We are going to:

Aug 3 - Twins @ KC
                                Aug 4 - MIL @ St Louis
                                Aug 5 - PIT @ Cubs

A friend of a friend has season tickets at New Busch and was willing to let us have them for that game, so we were able to secure tickets before they even went on sale. I saw Busch II a few years ago, and am looking forward to seeing the new park. Went to Wrigley for the first time 2 years ago, and have never been to KC. We also plan to visit the Negro League Museum in KC, so that should be a great experience.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X