X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Elvis9045
    Don't forget to stop at Philipe's (across from Union Station and 3 minutes from the Ravine) at 4:30 before the game for a double-dipped roast beef sandwich. You will profusely thank me later. NO ONE should visit Dodger Stadium without a pre-game visit to Philipe's.
    It depends a LOT on how much I get lost

Leave a comment:

• Elvis
    replied
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    You guys should give reports on your trips. I can't believe mine is almost here.
    Don't forget to stop at Philipe's (across from Union Station and 3 minutes from the Ravine) at 4:30 before the game for a double-dipped roast beef sandwich. You will profusely thank me later. NO ONE should visit Dodger Stadium without a pre-game visit to Philipe's.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    You guys should give reports on your trips. I can't believe mine is almost here.

Leave a comment:

• Allie Fox
    replied
    A little late in the reply but this year I hit the Grapefruit League again.

Braves @ Nationals (Space Coast Stadium)

Nationals @ Astros (Osceola County Staium)

Devil Rays @ Tigers (Joker Marchant Stadium)

I also saw two games of the World Baseball Classic at Cracker Jack Field in Disney: Italy v. Dominican Republic and Austrailia v. Venezuela

I've now visited half of the camps in the Grapefruit League. After I visit them all I'll try heading to big league parks around the country.

In July I'm going on a two day trip for work that will take me to Rome, GA (home of the Braves A team) and Savannah, GA (home of the Nationals A team). I'll be seeing them play teams from Greenville (Grasshoppers) and Lexington (Legends) respectively.

Leave a comment:

• jmascio
    replied
    All,

Leaving on the run I posted last page late next week. Does anyone have any recommendations for good concessions at any of the stadiums me and my crew will be at? Been able to scope out concessions list on each of the mlb websites, but are there any must haves?

Itin as follows:

Jun02- [email protected]
    Jun03- Travel
    Jun04- [email protected]
    Jun05- [email protected]
    Jun06- [email protected]
    Jun07- [email protected]
    Jun08- Travel
    Jun09- [email protected]
    Jun10- [email protected]

thanks all!

Leave a comment:

• Got Twins?
    replied
    A group of five of us from Minnesota are taking our second road trip this summer. We are going to:

Aug 3 - Twins @ KC
    Aug 4 - MIL @ St Louis
    Aug 5 - PIT @ Cubs

A friend of a friend has season tickets at New Busch and was willing to let us have them for that game, so we were able to secure tickets before they even went on sale. I saw Busch II a few years ago, and am looking forward to seeing the new park. Went to Wrigley for the first time 2 years ago, and have never been to KC. We also plan to visit the Negro League Museum in KC, so that should be a great experience.

Leave a comment:

• redbuck
    replied
    Will visit this summer
    Minute Maid Park
    Coors Field
    Ameriquest Field
    Safeco Field

Leave a comment:

• che13
    replied
    I know its a long way away but I am planning (slowly) a trip to see every stadium in the majors next year. I hope to also see other sporting events (CWS, LLWS, maybe a golf tournament, etc..) Its going to take some time to plan and save up for but I hope to be able to stay on the road for up to 6 months (atleast 3 is goal)

Leave a comment:

• totalautoracing
    replied
    2006 Carolina Trip - Finalized

Just finalized our 06 trip. Itinerary is as follows:

7/15 (Sat) - Savannah @ Kannapolis
    7/16 (Sun) - Delmarva @ Hickory
    7/17 (Mon) - Columbus @ Charlotte
    7/18 (Tue) - Day off to tour NASCAR shops
    7/19 (Wed) - Day - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre @ Durham
    7/19 (Wed) - Night - Delmarva @ Greensboro
    7/20 (Thu) - Columbus @ Asheville
    7/21 (Fri) - Myrtle Beach @ Winston-Salem
    7/22 (Sat) - Kingsville @ Burlington

We were going to try to see the other 2 Carolina based teams (Carolina & Kinston) but we just thought that would be too much driving. I'll have to check out those parks during a future trip. I will also be seeing games during a trip to see family in St. Louis:

6/16 (Fri) Wichita @ Arkansas - Before Ray Winder Field is gone
    6/18 (Sun) Colorado @ St. Louis - The new Busch Stadium on Father's Day
    6/24 (Sat) Washington @ Gateway - First trip to GMC Stadium

Trying to get over to KC to see Kauffman & CommunityAmerica as well.

Closing in on 50 baseball stadiums.

Leave a comment:

• Ontarioguy
    replied
    If I can scrounge up enough cash I'm going to try to head down to New York city this summer. I hope to see both a Mets and Yankees game. I want to ger to both those stadiums before they close, especially Yankee Stadium. I'm looking at the end of May right now but anywhere between May and July is a distinct possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Chester Charge
    replied
    Doing a drive with a buddy this summer. We are both coaches and teachers (summers off), and we are starting here in Seattle and doing a circle of the U.S. NOT just for baseball, but we will hit some games. Wrigley,@ St. L(new stadium), @Cin (to sit in the diamond club and eat and drink until we can't anymore), Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, @Was and @Hou. Maybe 1 more if we have time.

We are just seeing the sights and hitting some Six Flags parks with our season passes to ride roller coasters as well.

I will be at a lot of Mariner games this year, and at Opening Day in Houston as well.

Leave a comment:

• sschirmer
    replied
    I think Great American should have "free insurance premium night". Hell, I know I would go!

Leave a comment:

• Kessinger#11
    replied
    Moving to AZ

Well I am moving to AZ later this month so will be going to some games in Arizona and possibly Southern California for the first time. I don't have the dates firmed up yet though.

Leave a comment:

• jmascio
    replied
    I believe we're hitting T-Shirt night in Seattle, and Ballcap night in San Diego. I can only hope we get the Camo caps at the Padres game.

Leave a comment:

• RuthMayBond
    replied
    Originally posted by jmascio
    Hey all,

I've got a road trip we've been planning for a few months, looks like it might come together.

Jun02- [email protected]
    Jun03- Travel
    Jun04- [email protected]
    Jun05- [email protected]
    Jun06- [email protected]
    Jun07- [email protected]
    Jun08- Travel
    Jun09- [email protected]D
    Jun10- [email protected]

Pretty linear, overall. A bit of backtracking from Arizona back west, but it'll be a good time.
    If you are able to adjust your schedule, Jun 4 @ LAD is Photo Day, and Jun 11 @ SF is an Alou bobblehead

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X