Best Non-Baseball Part of Baseball Roadtrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Non-Baseball Part of Baseball Roadtrip

Just wondering that of you folks that have hit the road to catch a couple games (or more) what your favorite non-baseball diversion was that you came across?

Personally I would say Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY where they invented the buffalo wing (on a trip including 8 games in 7 days, starting at Wrigley and ending at Comiskey).

what my friends and i usually do is try to hit the Hard Rock Cafe's in every city we go to.

other fun places have been the rock & roll hall of fame in cleveland, we have also stopped at niagara falls, & geno's steaks in philly

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm_122
      what my friends and i usually do is try to hit the Hard Rock Cafe's in every city we go to.

other fun places have been the rock & roll hall of fame in cleveland, we have also stopped at niagara falls, & geno's steaks in philly
      What's the Detroit one like, if you've been there? I haven't had a chance to go to it yet.
      The one in Cleveland is all right, but I prefer going to the Winking Lizard when I'm there.
      I've gone to the Six Flags park whenever I've done the Milwaukee/Chicago trip. Been awhile, though, so I don't even know if it's Six Flags anymore.
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
        What's the Detroit one like, if you've been there? I haven't had a chance to go to it yet.
        The one in Cleveland is all right, but I prefer going to the Winking Lizard when I'm there.
        I've gone to the Six Flags park whenever I've done the Milwaukee/Chicago trip. Been awhile, though, so I don't even know if it's Six Flags anymore.
        Dude, the Winking Lizard rocks! I'm just about to finish my third year of the World Tour of Beers. I love the Liz.

As for the best non baseball part of a baseball trip, I'd have to say going to Hockeytown Cafe in Detroit after a Tigers game. I met my wife There, following freezing my rear end off at Comerica. I'll always have fond memories of Hockeytown!
        Last edited by sschirmer; 11-22-2005, 03:19 PM.
        I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
          Dude, the Winking Lizard rocks! I'm just about to finish my third year of the World Tour of Beers. I love the Liz.

As for the best none baseball part of a baseball trip, I'd have to say going to Hockeytown Cafe in Detroit after a Tigers game. I met my wife There, following freezing my rear end off at Comerica. I'll always have fond memories of Hockeytown!

as far as the winking lizard, i had a terrible experience there, i ordered a mixed drink at the bar (that was on the menu) and the waitress said what is that?.... it was a hurricane.... so she mad the drink, never mix the ingredients, and the glass was a little more than half full, so i said something to her, so she took the drink, put in a cup of ice, and shook it for me. i looked at my friends and we walked out withou paying or saying a word.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose

the hard rock in detroit is kind of nice, but small, they have a sweet bar, and the surrounding area was getting some work done to it, so i bet it is a good area now....maybe

Comment

Originally posted by bigworm_122
              the hard rock in detroit is kind of nice, but small, they have a sweet bar, and the surrounding area was getting some work done to it, so i bet it is a good area now....maybe
              As far as I know, Woodward in that area is still being ripped apart, but it has been awhile since I've been around there. (since the all-star game.)
              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Hard Rocks blow, unless you want to buy a $5 domestic and a $9 Cheeseburger.
                I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer
                  Hard Rocks blow, unless you want to buy a $5 domestic and a $9 Cheeseburger.
                  Well, there are a lot of people (like myself) who like them. I try to go to one when I go to a city I haven't been to before.

If I'm in town for a few games, I like to ask some of the home fans where they like to go and sometimes check out those places after the game or the next day.

Comment

I did love the Anchor bar myself. Wings were good, also like BW3.

I like to find out a good local place to eat, like Primanti Bros. in Pittsburgh,
                    Lou Malnati's in Chicago or other local eateries with a story, and of course the local brews.

Strike up a conversation with a bar tender like in Philly tell em your on a baseball trip, usually gets a free beer or two, and you get good coonversation and lasting memories.

Makes me excited about the trip to CHI, ST.L, CIN and maybe another couple this summer including Hall of Fame.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X