Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Ballparks - All time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Ballparks - All time

    Top 1O-
    10 - Yankee Stadium
    9 - Wrigley Field
    8 - Forbes Field
    7 - Original Comiskey Park
    6 - Dodger Stadium
    5 - Polo Grounds
    4 - Ballpark in Arlington
    3 - Ebbets Field
    2 - Fenway Park
    1 - Tiger Stadium
    1968 and 1984, the greatest ever.

  • #2
    Top 10
    10 Braves Field
    9 Dodger Stadium
    8 The Cookie Cutters
    7 Fenway Park
    6 PNC Park
    5 AT&T Park
    4 Shibe Park
    3 Tiger Stadium
    2 Jacobs Field
    1 Wrigley Field

    Of course, this discounts all minor league parks.
    Don't confuse Yankee Stadium with the people who played in it.
    The Polo Grounds was one of the technically worst baseball facilities ever because it was in no way built for baseball. Then again, that's what made it unique, and great.
    http://capitalfrontiers.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Polo Grounds

      Originally posted by redbuck
      Top 10
      10 Braves Field
      9 Dodger Stadium
      8 The Cookie Cutters
      7 Fenway Park
      6 PNC Park
      5 AT&T Park
      4 Shibe Park
      3 Tiger Stadium
      2 Jacobs Field
      1 Wrigley Field

      Of course, this discounts all minor league parks.
      Don't confuse Yankee Stadium with the people who played in it.
      The Polo Grounds was one of the technically worst baseball facilities ever because it was in no way built for baseball. Then again, that's what made it unique, and great.
      You must still be upset after all of these years because of the indians losing to the giants in the 1954 world series to say that the polo grounds was one of the worst baseball stadiums. the old ballparks were all diffrent in there own way back then just like the polo grounds.
      LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

      Comment


      • #4
        best ballparks

        Here is my top list

        1)TIGER STADIUM
        2)POLO GROUNDS
        3)OLD COMISKEY PARK
        4)CROSLEY FIELD
        5)EBBETS FIELD
        6)YANKEE STADIUM
        7)FENWAY PARK
        8)WRIGLEY FIELD
        9)SHIBE PARK-CONNIE MACK STADIUM
        10)FORBES FIELD
        i love the old time ballparks.
        LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by redbuck
          The Polo Grounds was one of the technically worst baseball facilities ever because it was in no way built for baseball. Then again, that's what made it unique, and great.
          Just to set the record straight, the Polo Grounds WAS built exclusively for baseball, as strange as that is to imagine. After the wooden Polo Grounds burned down in 1911, Giants owner John T. Brush (after recieving his wife's blessing ) decided to build the finest fireproof (steel & concrete) baseball palace in the country. The result--The Polo Grounds! Yes, built just for baseball!

          For more, see my Polo Grounds Page!

          Marcus

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
            Here is my top list

            1)TIGER STADIUM
            2)POLO GROUNDS
            3)OLD COMISKEY PARK
            4)CROSLEY FIELD
            5)EBBETS FIELD
            6)YANKEE STADIUM
            7)FENWAY PARK
            8)WRIGLEY FIELD
            9)SHIBE PARK-CONNIE MACK STADIUM
            10)FORBES FIELD
            i love the old time ballparks.

            Which Yankee Stadium old or new version? Because they are way different.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yankee Stadium

              Originally posted by JPL BMX
              Which Yankee Stadium old or new version? Because they are way different.
              I have been to the current yankee stadium and i like it. i would have loved to have made it to the old version of yankee stadium. i prefer the old yankee stadium over the current one.but its to bad that the polo grounds was not renovated like yankee stadium instead being torn down like ebbets field.
              LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

              Comment


              • #8
                1951

                Here is a lithograph showing the polo grounds on 10-2-1951 the second game of the 1951 playoffs.
                Attached Files
                LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

                Comment


                • #9
                  1951

                  Here is a pitch from game 3 of the 1951 playoffs at the polo grounds.
                  Attached Files
                  LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    polo grounds

                    In this photo showing left field you can see the overhang in the upper deck of the polo grounds.
                    Attached Files
                    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      1951

                      Here is the polo grounds during the 1951 world series vs the yankees.
                      Attached Files
                      LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        1955 polo grounds seating

                        Here is a seating diagram for the polo grounds from 1955.
                        Attached Files
                        LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          polo clubhouse 1957

                          In this photo you can see the polo grounds clubhouse with the knickerbocker beer sign. the knickerbocker beer sign first was put on the clubhouse wall in 1956.
                          Attached Files
                          LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            polo grounds seat

                            Here is a seat taken from the polo grounds.
                            Attached Files
                            LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              1. Wrigley
                              2. Fenway
                              3. Polo Grounds
                              4. Tigers Stadium
                              5. Pac Bell

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X