No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [II] Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion was from what I have read and pictures I have seen, not from my only visit that I barely remember. I just added that for a little interest, not to be made to feel stupid. Didnt mean to come accross wrong. Sorry

Comment

• Being that I was born only 18 years ago, I never got to see the Stadium in its pre-renovation form, but I have spent many great days (and a few not-so great days ) at the Stadium since my first Yankee game back in September 1998. I realize it may not be the most beautiful stadium on Earth anymore - although it certainly does have a beauty all its own even in its current form - but it is still Yankee Stadium. It's still the place that gives me goosebumps every time I walk in there, even though I've been there so many times. I've only been to Fenway and Wrigley once each, and while I certainly did get goosebumps upon entering both of those ballparks, it still doesn't compare with looking at the green grass and blue trim of Yankee Stadium, whether it be for the first time or the millionth time.

I think it's a complete and utter crime that the Yankees are moving out of their spiritual home. I'll certainly still support the Yankees just as much come 2009 and I'm looking forward to many great moments across the street (I don't think any die-hard fan of the Yankees - or any team for that matter - could betray their team just for leaving their stadium, no matter how painful that move may be), but something will be missing. It's truly a shame - Yankee Stadium is just one of those places you do not tear down and abandon.

That being said, following the construction of the new Stadium through both pictures and in person has been quite exciting - I'm not looking forward to it opening, but seeing it finally start resembling a ballpark and not just a bunch of concrete and steel beams has been fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomato View Post
        My opinion was from what I have read and pictures I have seen, not from my only visit that I barely remember. I just added that for a little interest, not to be made to feel stupid. Didnt mean to come accross wrong. Sorry
        If somebody's acting stupid here it isn't you. It appears that whenever somebody's Metamucil doesn't kick in he goes on the attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
          If somebody's acting stupid here it isn't you. It appears that whenever somebody's Metamucil doesn't kick in he goes on the attack.
          Thank you!
          Last edited by tomato; 12-01-2007, 02:47 PM. Reason: misskey

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
            It appears that whenever somebody's Metamucil doesn't kick in he goes on the attack.
            Cute.

It seems, Kentucky, that you have an extremely hard time understanding that not everyone makes decisions, or posts opinions, based upon whether or not their bathroom habits have been disrupted.

You're the one that thinks it's OK to tear down Yankee Stadium simply because you can't take a wizz at the exact moment you'd like to.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
              Cute.

It seems, Kentucky, that you have an extremely hard time understanding that not everyone makes decisions, or posts opinions, based upon whether or not their bathroom habits have been disrupted.

You're the one that thinks it's OK to tear down Yankee Stadium simply because you can't take a wizz at the exact moment you'd like to.
              Why is everyone fighting? You're not in 3rd grade in the schoolyard.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                Why is everyone fighting? You're not in 3rd grade in the schoolyard.
                This is a fight that will go on until the last brick of Yankee Stadium is taken away. The fight between the supporters of the new and the supporters of the old. I'm in the middle, while I love the current Stadium it is old and thier are things that I'd wish were different so I can't wait till the new one opens. For me it's not the building that the team plays in, it's the team that plays in it.
                The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
                  This is a fight that will go on until the last brick of Yankee Stadium is taken away. The fight between the supporters of the new and the supporters of the old. I'm in the middle, while I love the current Stadium it is old and thier are things that I'd wish were different so I can't wait till the new one opens. For me it's not the building that the team plays in, it's the team that plays in it.
                  This certainly IS a fight that will keep going on. To me, in any other place, i agree that its the team and not the building, BUT THATS NOT THE CASE HERE!!!!!

Yankee Stadium is the number one sports tradition building in the country, and to tear it down is tradjic to the sporting world. This is the worst, stupidest thing New York City has ever allowed relating to sports. And to me, to make the new building look like the old one is just an insult. It should have been a totally new design, particularly inside. Now not only are the Yankees going to give up the House That Ruth Built, but the Mets will have a better looking stadium. As to that phrase, the Yankees better not have the balls to call the new place the House That Ruth Built. No longer will this be the shrine where Ruth, Gehrigh, DiMaggio, Mantle, Reggie, Mattingly, Jeter, Clemens, Ali, the Pope, and countless others have appeared. The new stadium will NEVER HAVE THE SAME FEELING as the old one. It simultaneously makes me furious and i literally could cry. This is insane, and for all those who dont care, i feel sorry for you, you dont know what you are losing.

Should i take my Yankee baseball collection, and take all the real Ruth's, Gehrig's, DiMaggio's, Mantle's, etc. and rip them up and buy new shiny reprints of those cards? Why not, who cares about the old stuff or tradition? People get goosebumps when i show them a Babe Ruth card from 1933, I dont quite think they would react that way if i show them a reprint that was just printed of the Bambino.

Thank god i will always have my memories of seeing Mantle play in the old stadium - at least they can never take that away from me!
                  I AM SO THANKFUL FOR BEING BORN IN NEW YORK AND FOR BEING A FAN OF ALL NEW YORK SPORTS TEAMS

Comment

• Amen, Brother!

You said it!

Amongst the many things about Yankee Stadium I'll never forget is Mickey signing a baseball for me outside the player's entrance during the seventh inning of a game in 1967. He had left the game in the third, and my friend and I were the only people outside the entrance.

That door is still there, BTW. (And I still have the baseball.)

Comment

• Originally posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
                      This certainly IS a fight that will keep going on. To me, in any other place, i agree that its the team and not the building, BUT THATS NOT THE CASE HERE!!!!!

Yankee Stadium is the number one sports tradition building in the country, and to tear it down is tradjic to the sporting world. This is the worst, stupidest thing New York City has ever allowed relating to sports. And to me, to make the new building look like the old one is just an insult. It should have been a totally new design, particularly inside. Now not only are the Yankees going to give up the House That Ruth Built, but the Mets will have a better looking stadium. As to that phrase, the Yankees better not have the balls to call the new place the House That Ruth Built. No longer will this be the shrine where Ruth, Gehrigh, DiMaggio, Mantle, Reggie, Mattingly, Jeter, Clemens, Ali, the Pope, and countless others have appeared. The new stadium will NEVER HAVE THE SAME FEELING as the old one. It simultaneously makes me furious and i literally could cry. This is insane, and for all those who dont care, i feel sorry for you, you dont know what you are losing.

Should i take my Yankee baseball collection, and take all the real Ruth's, Gehrig's, DiMaggio's, Mantle's, etc. and rip them up and buy new shiny reprints of those cards? Why not, who cares about the old stuff or tradition? People get goosebumps when i show them a Babe Ruth card from 1933, I dont quite think they would react that way if i show them a reprint that was just printed of the Bambino.

Thank god i will always have my memories of seeing Mantle play in the old stadium - at least they can never take that away from me!
                      So basically the Yankees are the Yankees because of the Stadium that they're in. I don't think so, what made Yankee Stadium so special is the fact that all that stuff happened thier. If the Yankees had "whithered away" like John McGraw said they would Yankee Stadium would just have been a huge expensive mistake. But the fact is that the Yankees rose to prominence thus enhancing the storybook like mystique and aura of the place. I never said I don't care about the Stadium, I do I love history and that place has alot of it. But the Yanks are going to a new place and I'm equally excited and can't wait when the team creates new history.
                      The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeefan90 View Post
                        ...what made Yankee Stadium so special is the fact that all that stuff happened thier.
                        That's right.

All that stuff happened there.

Not a block north of there.

Comment

• New construction pics are up at yankeetradition.com

http://www.yankeetradition.com/NewYankeeStadium.htm

The facade at the front gate is really starting to come together. Plus it looks like they are stating to build the administration offices along the 1st base side too.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CMart; 12-03-2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMart View Post
                            New construction pics are up at yankeetradition.com

http://www.yankeetradition.com/NewYankeeStadium.htm

The facade at the front gate is really starting to come together. Plus it looks like they are stating to build the administration offices along the 1st base side too.
                            Nice. It's lookin good.

Comment

• awesome. the facade looks great. it's nice to finally have an idea of what the actual color of the stadium will be. i prefer the new color to the dull gray of the current YS.

Also, Gate 4 (the homeplate entrance) at NYS will look much better than Gate 4 at current YS. It's definitely a throwback to the original YS.

Does anyone know what exactly theyre building right above the great hall? from the renderings, it looks like two retangular structures. no idea what they are though.

Comment

• Those rectangular structures might be the vaults where they will store their billion$. One thing I don't like is the top of the exterior. If they really wanted to evoke the 'old' Stadium, they should have continued the limestone up to the roof of the exterior, along with the arched vents, like the original Stadium had. From the earliest renderings on, I didn't like the cheesy design they're using up top.
                                Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X