Yankee Stadium [II] Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
    Wow! That really is impessive coming along great! can't wait until there is more done on it!

It really does seem like its gonna be a nice stadium. Starting in 2009 New York is probably going to have the 2 nicest stadiums in the league. That makes me happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by metfan2987 View Post
      It really does seem like its gonna be a nice stadium. Starting in 2009 New York is probably going to have the 2 nicest stadiums in the league. That makes me happy.
      Yeah. The Mets are finally getting a decent looking stadium, and the Yankees are finally getting a more modern stadium. I can't wait till they both open.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
        Yeah. The Mets are finally getting a decent looking stadium, and the Yankees are finally getting a more modern stadium. I can't wait till they both open.
        Although i will personally miss Shea. Its been like my home since I was a little kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
          Here's the original Gate 4 showing the balconies, whose pupose I never figured out. I can only assume that originally they accessed some offices. I've never read of anyone standing on the balcony receiving the accolades of an adoring crowd.

I don't see that the balconies have been made part of the new stadium's gates.
          Some of the balconies still remain on the gate on the left field side (sorry dont know the gate number.) There is a pretty cool picture of it on flickr.com. I am loving all the new pictures of the new stadiums. Thanks to all for taking the time and sharing them.

Comment

• Although the balconies don't serve a real purpose, it looks nice. Almost like a castle where the king and queen looked amongst there people. But it's a minor thing. I'm really liking the look of the new stadium. I was part of the renovated stadium generation so I never saw the old stadium, so anything close enough I like. I really can't wait, even for opening day when this thing on the outside will look almost done.
            The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Comment

• Gate 2, Tomato...

Yep, the balconies are still there on Gate 2. They were removed from Gates 4 and 6 when they grafted on those ridiculous escalator towers.
              Each balcony is inlaid with three terra cotta ornaments. One such ornament, removed during the renovation, sold at a recent auction for more than ten grand.
              There are no balconies on the new stadium.

Comment

• I am not sure if this was posted already but I was looking at pictues of the new park and I noticed (I am not 100% sure) that they pushed the bleachers back and extened the box seats in front of them. I am upset by this because one of the best things at Yankees Stadium is after the Roll Call, the battles between how "box seats suck" (sorry for the language) were great because we had the same view as them but they paid more. Now, the box seats have all of the arguements but thats alright, there is always taunting of dumb-ass(once again sorry for the language but these fans entering the bleachers is the same as walking into the backyard of an attack dog) Red Sox/Mets fans with chants like "why are you gay".

Comment

• Originally posted by MaraMoose View Post
                  I am not sure if this was posted already but I was looking at pictues of the new park and I noticed (I am not 100% sure) that they pushed the bleachers back and extened the box seats in front of them. I am upset by this because one of the best things at Yankees Stadium is after the Roll Call, the battles between how "box seats suck" (sorry for the language) were great because we had the same view as them but they paid more. Now, the box seats have all of the arguements but thats alright, there is always taunting of dumb-ass(once again sorry for the language but these fans entering the bleachers is the same as walking into the backyard of an attack dog) Red Sox/Mets fans with chants like "why are you gay".
                  Yes there will be expensive seats in front of the bleachers and I assume there will have to be beefed up security to protect the box seaters from the wrath of the morons in back of them.

Comment

• Even Yankee fans hate Yankee fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaraMoose View Post
                      I am not sure if this was posted already but I was looking at pictues of the new park and I noticed (I am not 100% sure) that they pushed the bleachers back and extened the box seats in front of them. I am upset by this because one of the best things at Yankees Stadium is after the Roll Call, the battles between how "box seats suck" (sorry for the language) were great because we had the same view as them but they paid more. Now, the box seats have all of the arguements but thats alright, there is always taunting of dumb-ass(once again sorry for the language but these fans entering the bleachers is the same as walking into the backyard of an attack dog) Red Sox/Mets fans with chants like "why are you gay".
                      maybe those box seats are supposed to be part of the bleachers

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                        maybe those box seats are supposed to be part of the bleachers
                        No, those seats are not supposed to be part of the bleachers.Thats why they are in front of the bleachers. It's a way for the Yanks to squeeze in a few more high priced seats at the expense of the bleacher seats. I think the bullpens separate the two seating areas, but I still foresee problems with the bleacher creatures harassing the box seaters. Bad idea by the Yanks.
                        Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                          No, those seats are not supposed to be part of the bleachers.Thats why they are in front of the bleachers. It's a way for the Yanks to squeeze in a few more high priced seats at the expense of the bleacher seats. I think the bullpens separate the two seating areas, but I still foresee problems with the bleacher creatures harassing the box seaters. Bad idea by the Yanks.
                          The pictures I've seen, it looks like there's a staircase to get from the box seats to the bleachers, though. We'll see how it is when the stadium finally opens.

Comment

• Actually in the current Yankee Stadium, there is a space between the right field wall and the bleachers. In the current stadium, it would be like extending the grandstand into that space

Comment

• Details from blueprints.

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                              I'd bet that they are HVAC. Nowhere on the renderings do you see any exposed vents, so that would be my guess.

Or, looking again at the rendering, there seems to be a lot of light coming in...skylight housings?
                              I have "references" plans of most of the levels, so I can answer some of the questions raised recently.

1) Those boxes sticking out on the 1st base side are the top of two sets of elevators (four in each set).

2) The Great Hall will have skylights and the openings will be open to the outside.

3) On the suite level there will be a resturant in the LF wing and 6 party suites on the RF wing. The rest are suites.

4) In the far RF corner of the building (closest to the subway station - outside of the ramps), there will be another resturant on the main level and a Yankees Museum on one or more levels above it.

5) On top of the main entrance on the "Terrace" level (the new name for the Tier level) there will be a food court.

6) The batter's eye resturant will be a two-level affair - the lower level looks like members-only and the upper (bleacher level) will be public.

7) On the main entrance that we can see in the latest pics posted here - the single door to the far left will be the suite entrance. The single door to the far right will be the press entrance. Doors in the middle are for rest of us . . .

8) Upon entering thru the suite entrance, there will be a large resturant to the left on the lower level (the new Stadium Club?)

9) The resturant for the Press suite is named "Sheppard's Place" (nice touch)

10) and on a bit of a down note, the main level concourse is marked "private" - so if you don't have a ticket to the lower-most seating level you can't even get onto that concourse.

I will try to post some pics of the blueprints. They are way too big to scan, so I'll start with some pics and see how the come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
                                10) and on a bit of a down note, the main level concourse is marked "private" - so if you don't have a ticket to the lower-most seating level you can't even get onto that concourse.
                                With the way all of these new parks are designed, and the fact that Monument Park is on the concourse level... I found that hard to believe.

Obviously the other questions you answered could be seen on the blueprints, but why would that be on the plans?

Sorry, don't mean to doubt you, that just seems a little curious.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X