Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knick9
    That's pretty harsh, don't you think?

The term cookie-cutter didn't come out until after the ballparks of the 60's or 70's were made. Come on now.
    And when were the renovations done to Yankee Stadium? Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by winningtheweapon
      Hell even the Rogers Centre has that hotel, but I'm not implying that Rogers Centre > Yankee Stadium because Yankee Stadium is definately much more mystique than Rogers Centre, plus Yankee Stadium doesn't have a stupid retractable roof.
      First of all, I would just like to throw in that I'd rather watch a game under the roof than watch a game wearing my winter jasket. And in the summer, when the roof is open, Skydome is a great place to watch a game. Just had to put in a few good words for the Dome.

When it comes to Yankee Stadium, I kind of see where winningtheweapon is coming from. The renovations, as we (most) all will agree, took alot away from the Stadium. The upper deck does kind of look like the upper deck of a cookie-cutter-style stadium. However, I would never go as far as to call the entire Stadium a cookie-cutter. It's shape and design are still one of a kind, and I only wish that the new stadium looked more like the old pre-renovation Stadium.
      WAMCO!

Comment

• So, are they imploding old yankees stadium or keeping it as an artifact kind of thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1
          I thought this was interesting when I saw it online. Not even the field will remain completely intact.
          This diagram shows what they're leaving behind... Not too much.

(That's the new stadium at the top.)
          WAMCO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix
            First of all, I would just like to throw in that I'd rather watch a game under the roof than watch a game wearing my winter jasket. And in the summer, when the roof is open, Skydome is a great place to watch a game. Just had to put in a few good words for the Dome.

When it comes to Yankee Stadium, I kind of see where winningtheweapon is coming from. The renovations, as we (most) all will agree, took alot away from the Stadium. The upper deck does kind of look like the upper deck of a cookie-cutter-style stadium. However, I would never go as far as to call the entire Stadium a cookie-cutter. It's shape and design are still one of a kind, and I only wish that the new stadium looked more like the old pre-renovation Stadium.
            Well I hope the roof is open when I go there because I may be taking part in another Red Sox road trip up to Toronto this time, and thanks for seeing where I'm coming from.

And I still think retractable roofs are a bad thing for baseball unless it's in Florida or Arizona where there are extreme weather conditions.
            Last edited by winningtheweapon; 02-01-2007, 08:12 AM.

Comment

And I still think retractable roofs are a bad thing for baseball unless it's in Florida or Arizona where there are extreme weather conditions.
              I assume you rate snow, sleet, and freezing rain as extreme weather as well?
              WAMCO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix
                I assume you rate snow, sleet, and freezing rain as extreme weather as well?
                But how often does Toronto get snow, sleet or freezing rain in April? I'm talking about extreme weather conditions throughout the entirety of the baseball season which is what places like Florida and Arizona get.

Comment

• It's happened. Not saying that it happens frequently, but it has. It can also be pretty cold on an April night. I'm thankful for the roof.
                  WAMCO!

Comment

• A picture is worth a thousand words. Opening Day, 2003, Baltimore.
                    Attached Files
                    4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• Originally posted by ElHalo
                      Although I've heard rumors that the new field is to be named Steinbrenner Stadium... I personally wouldn't mind that.
                      How about The Boss Bowl??
                      King George's Castle??
                      The Emperor's Command Ship??
                      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtime39
                        A picture is worth a thousand words. Opening Day, 2003, Baltimore.

So why not build a retractable roof on Fenway Park or Shea? If the basis of the argument for retractable roofs is the chance of snow in April then that's a pretty weak justification if you ask me.

Comment

So why not build a retractable roof on Fenway Park or Shea? If the basis of the argument for retractable roofs is the chance of snow in April then that's a pretty weak justification if you ask me.
                          I'm not calling for retrofits, but if I was building a new ballpark, I'd do everything I could to get a retractable roof on it.
                          No, it doesn't snow much in Baltimore in April, rain is a possibility all season long, and it seems that actual cats and dogs have to be falling out of the sky before MLB will cancel a game, so, yeah, I believe all new ballparks should get retractable roofs.
                          4 5 (7) 8 20 22 33 42 (44)

Comment

• I've only been to the Old Stadium once, i don't see why in the world they need to build another one
                            GO ROSELAND RED SOX!

Comment

• I find the building of the new satdium very unnecesary. I went on a tour over Christmas break and we went through the box seats, the best restraunt their, etc. It is outdated compared to what I saw when I got club seats in Camden Yards. Would it be possible to create decks above the bleachers in the OF? I read somewhere that when it was first built they considered doing that but opted not to because of cost concerns. Is that possible? Wouldn`t the greater number of seats create enough money to account for the lack of box seats? If I could choose than I`d do that and also increase death valley to close to it's previous size (not quite but close). I guess they're doing the best possible thing with the field for Old Yankee Stadium.
                              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• When I first saw the designs for the new park my first thought was a more expensive Arlington Stadium. It has no character or personality at all and they could have at least designed the outside to resemble the Old Yankee Stadium.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X