• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPL BMX
    Left field foul line: 257 feet
    Left center field: 320 feet
    Center field: 532 feet
    Right center field: 595 feet
    Right field foul line: 390 feet

Fences: Left field: 47 feet, Left Center Field: 30-10, Center field: 3 feet (above the grass because of the hill it would be 25 feet tall if there was no hill, Right Center: 12 Right Field: 6 feet

Backstop: 45 feet

Foul territory: Left Side: Large
    Right Side: Extremly Small

This stadium would have overhanging seats in the 2nd deck of Right Field and Right Center Field. There would be a 22 foot tall hill in center field rising from hte ground at 425 slowly all the way to the Center Field Fence. The 47 foot tall fence in Left Field would be a clear fence (the kind used as walls in hockey) with seats behind it. That would definetly give an intersting view! In Center Field there would be a drive in parking lot (like a drive in thearter) that would be three stories high. I think this would have very interesting plays like bounces and rolls. It would be a doble deck stadium with team offices behind the left field seats (so the offices would be about 380- 400 ft. away from home plate. There would be a flag pole in Right Center. It would have a old-fashioned infield with a dirt path leading from the pithchers mound to home plate. A score board would be on top of the team offices in Left Field and a out of town scoreboard in Left Center with half of it on the field and the other half on the land behind the fence.

If any one knows how and can find the time could you post a picture and/or blueprints of the field in this bulletin. Elvis do you think you could find the time to do it, or anyone else? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Wow, when I read 532 feet for center field, I thought I saw the limit [], but then I saw 595 feet, and I went "double wow!" [ ] Interesting...
    My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

A 595 ft. would definetly keep those steroid users from to many homers and it would make a lot more more exciting inside the park home runs.

Comment

Ok, JPL's intriguing design is pretty much done in a pencil draft, but I just realised I don't have any pens to finish it (D'oh!), so I'll pick some up after work tomorrow and finish it tomorrow night and hopefully post it here (And Ballparktour) soon afterwards.

It turned out pretty cool...totally impractical and somewhat illogical, but way cool.

Knick9 and Steveox, I'll try and do yours later in the week or next.

Comment

Originally posted by Knick9
          Left field foul line: 320 feet
          Left center field: 380 feet
          Center field: 402 feet
          Right center field: 365 feet
          Right field foul line: 350 feet

Fences: Left field: 9 feet, Center field: 8 feet, Right Field: 7 feet

Backstop: 60 feet

Foul territory: average/medium on all sides

Other additions, etc. (optional):
          - rose bushes behind center field wall, being noticable to all fans
          - an old fashioned scoreboard behind right field wall, also behind the RF seats
          - bullpens are in between the rose bushes and the Left Field seats
          - dugouts are normal
          - 45,000 seat stadium in total, and here are the placements of the outfield seats:

* Double decked Left Field seats; 14,000 seats in total here for both decks
          * Single deck Right Field seats; 10,000 seats in total stretched out, connecting to the corner part of stadium

I like the looks of this ballpark. It's like a slight mixture of Jacobs Field and Wrigley Field.
          Ok, this one's done too...again, no pens, so I have to wait to finish it...stay tuned. :atthepc

Comment

Just do your best elvis I cant wait to see this.If i ever become very wealthy im gonna try to buy the orioles and hire elvis as stadium architect.I think my stadium design my orioles fans will like.Plus im gonna build the orioles into a real winning team way way better then the 1970s team.

Comment

Cool, I'll take the job.

Anyway I'll do yours Steve tonight too and should have all three posted tomorrow.

Comment

Cool your salary would be $ 75,000 a year

Comment

Originally posted by JPL BMX
                  Left field foul line: 257 feet
                  Left center field: 320 feet
                  Center field: 532 feet
                  Right center field: 595 feet
                  Right field foul line: 390 feet

Fences: Left field: 47 feet, Left Center Field: 30-10, Center field: 3 feet (above the grass because of the hill it would be 25 feet tall if there was no hill, Right Center: 12 Right Field: 6 feet

Backstop: 45 feet

Foul territory: Left Side: Large
                  Right Side: Extremly Small

This stadium would have overhanging seats in the 2nd deck of Right Field and Right Center Field. There would be a 22 foot tall hill in center field rising from hte ground at 425 slowly all the way to the Center Field Fence. The 47 foot tall fence in Left Field would be a clear fence (the kind used as walls in hockey) with seats behind it. That would definetly give an intersting view! In Center Field there would be a drive in parking lot (like a drive in thearter) that would be three stories high. I think this would have very interesting plays like bounces and rolls. It would be a doble deck stadium with team offices behind the left field seats (so the offices would be about 380- 400 ft. away from home plate. There would be a flag pole in Right Center. It would have a old-fashioned infield with a dirt path leading from the pithchers mound to home plate. A score board would be on top of the team offices in Left Field and a out of town scoreboard in Left Center with half of it on the field and the other half on the land behind the fence.

If any one knows how and can find the time could you post a picture and/or blueprints of the field in this bulletin. Elvis do you think you could find the time to do it, or anyone else? It would be greatly appreciated.
                  Ok here is my interpretation. I forgot how much time it takes to finish them properly, so for future drawings, I'm not going to be quite so detailed as far as individual seating sections and tunnels - yes I'm lazy.

You didn't say where to put the bulpens, so I left them out...somewhere in the outfield or down the foul lines...also, I wasn't quite sure about the terraced drive-in parking beyond the center field fence.

Dang, I forgot the flagpole and the side-cutaway view!

Sorry...I'll add it to the next one.

Knick9, you're up next...

Comment

Originally posted by Knick9
                    Left field foul line: 320 feet
                    Left center field: 380 feet
                    Center field: 402 feet
                    Right center field: 365 feet
                    Right field foul line: 350 feet

Fences: Left field: 9 feet, Center field: 8 feet, Right Field: 7 feet

Backstop: 60 feet

Foul territory: average/medium on all sides

Other additions, etc. (optional):
                    - rose bushes behind center field wall, being noticable to all fans
                    - an old fashioned scoreboard behind right field wall, also behind the RF seats
                    - bullpens are in between the rose bushes and the Left Field seats
                    - dugouts are normal
                    - 45,000 seat stadium in total, and here are the placements of the outfield seats:

* Double decked Left Field seats; 14,000 seats in total here for both decks
                    * Single deck Right Field seats; 10,000 seats in total stretched out, connecting to the corner part of stadium

I like the looks of this ballpark. It's like a slight mixture of Jacobs Field and Wrigley Field.
                    Here ya go...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis9045
                      Ok here is my interpretation. I forgot how much time it takes to finish them properly, so for future drawings, I'm not going to be quite so detailed as far as individual seating sections and tunnels - yes I'm lazy.

You didn't say where to put the bulpens, so I left them out...somewhere in the outfield or down the foul lines...also, I wasn't quite sure about the terraced drive-in parking beyond the center field fence.

Dang, I forgot the flagpole and the side-cutaway view!

Sorry...I'll add it to the next one.

Knick9, you're up next...

That ballpark favors left handed hitters.And im not sure fans are willing to sit in lower or upper porch unless theyre $3 tickets.Elvis you should added temporary bleachers way past left field cause that would be an ideal place to share an NFL team in.I bet 70,000 would seat that place with extra bleachers.
                      Last edited by steveox; 12-22-2005, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Here's a side view of the grandstands. I didn't do different drawings for each ballpark because they're both similar double decked designs and they would've both been similar anyway.

Maybe I'll do one for the RF overhanging porch because that structure is quite different (More upper deck overhang and supporrting colums).

mr Ox, yours is up next... :atthepc
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a side view of the grandstands. I didn't do different drawings for each ballpark because they're both similar double decked designs and they would've both been similar anyway.

Maybe I'll do one for the RF overhanging porch because that structure is quite different (More upper deck overhang and supporrting colums).

The ends of your lines are darker than the middle points, holy crap it's rare you find someone who knows what he's doing.

Here's my proposal for a new Yankee Stadium, since the actual proposal is really so bad:

This was the original ground plan of the project that I made in PSP. Here is the result in vectorworks:

And here is my proposal accompanying the design:
                          here is my fantasy creation for the New York Yankees' new ballpark, opening in 2008. It is set in Manhattan, with the fantastic New York skyline immediately outside of the park. Since Manhattan is defined in so many ways by the glass and steel of the skyscraper, that is what will constitute this park. Directly in center field will be a 6 story glass-enclosed fan and luxury suite building, rising above the bleacher seating bowl. This is flanked by the centerpiece(s) of the park: two 50 story skyscrapers containing a luxury hotel, condominiums, and the offices for the Yankees brass. Guests / tenants of these buildings will be able to look down and watch the game from on-high.

On the other side of these symmetrical towers are more luxury suite and fan amenities buildings, stretching to the foul lines. Each of these buildings are no more than four stories, allowing copious amounts of natural light to enter the park. Additionally, lighting standards are placed upon these buildings to provide ample illumination for the playing field. The glass also helps naturally heat these buildings, as the entire complex is meant for all-seasons use.

The seating borrows from three rather disparate sources. First, the bleachers are similar to those of US Cellular field, perfectly symmetrical and surrounded by the aforementioned outfield buildings after a large walkway area. This is also similar to the proposed Labatt Field under consideration for Montreal prior to the Expos' Washington move. The upper deck borrows considerably from Kauffman Stadium, whose tapered upper seating area provides the cleanest lines of any baseball stadium in the country. Between these two sections are the large luxury box areas, two floors worth, all enclosed in glass. All seats are angled towards the pitcher's mound, and the seating also utilizes the only design element brought over from the 1976 revision.

In the 1974-75 renovation, workers replaced the dozens of support columns obstructing views from the original design with an unseen wire system which supported the entire structure without requiring the posts. This allowed the seating areas to be build far closer to the action than many other parks, making for a more intimate feel. The New Yankee Stadium will include this element, placing the upper deck almost directly over the entire lower bowl. This along with heavy diagonal anchors set
                          deep inside the walls of the luxury suites will provide the support for the upper deck.

Now, to the field. After consulting with various Yankee fans, I keep hearing that the park should be large enough to favor the pitching, rather than a pure hitters' park. In response, the dimensions of this park will be large without becoming completely stifling to hitters. The symmetrical field has 340' corners, quickly extending to 390' power alleys. Directly to the left and right of dead center will be 420', where New Yankee Stadium will borrow another element from a classic park, the famous centerfield divot from the Polo Grounds. Thus dead center will be 461', the exact same distance as the Classic Era of Yankee Stadium.

Classic Yankee Stadium provided one other design element to the Yankees' new home, which will be replicated on a larger scale. In the post-1937 revision, the center field fence sloped from 3' to 11', including the batter's eye screen which stood over 20'. While the screen will not be neccesary due to the center field divot, the corners of the park will begin at 3' (which will also be the foul ground wall height) and rise to 10' directly left and right of dead center. This will both provide a unique wall arrangement while also recalling the walls of the old park.

The foul ground behind the plate will also recall the old Yankee Stadium, as it is slightly elongated directly behind the plate. Additionally, the outfield walls will contain smaller, intimate luxury suites behind a see-through one-way wall, allowing visitors an entirely new view of the action. The center field divot wall, instead of housing the clubhouses like at the old Polo Grounds, will be plated with one-way glass, behind which a restaurant will serve patrons with a tremendous, and unique, view of the game.

There are many more elements involved in the design of this park, but for right now I will let the ground plan do the talking. Once I manage to get my copy of vectorworks functional I will attempt to make a three-dimensional model, but until then, this will have to do. I hope you enjoy, and leave any comments or suggestions in the thread.

I have tried to integrate the old elements of New York baseball into a modern design unlike anything seen before in the major leagues, even including the heavy influences of some of its elements. I also believe this combines the new and the old in a way more befitting the organization and the fan than the current design, which I believe fails on every conceivable level. This park will seat 45-50 thousand people, contain an incredible number of luxury suites, and will become a true destination, redefining the Yankees organization for the 21st century.

Thank you.

Sean O
                          Couple more little images to post, my Fenway proposal ground plan:

New Marlins ground plan:

LF: 315' - 3' wall
                          LF Center at bleacher start: 375' - 3' wall
                          LF Center: 375' - 3' wall
                          CF1: 415' - 3' wall
                          CF: 410' - 3' wall
                          CF2: 408' - 25' wall
                          RF: 322' - 25' wall
                          RF Center: 330'

And finally, my Twins park, a multi-use stadium:

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7...lrender8rq.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ltwins21qg.jpg

http://img485.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ombined5vm.jpg

Enjoy.

S
                          http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Here ya go...
                            I just saw the picture, and I want to say "Thank you", this looks very good!
                            My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

Is that it? What about the trees? and the airal diminsions i thought about? here they are again

Lower deck 30,000 seats
                              Mezzanine Deck 7,500 seats
                              Club Level 30 skyboxes with 2,500 seats
                              Upper Level 20,000 seats
                              Total 60,000 seats

340 Both right field and left field poles
                              390 Both right field and left field Power alleys
                              415 Center Field
                              Fence 7 feet 6 inches high
                              80 feet from home plate to backstop
                              65 feet from 3rd base to dugout seats
                              65 feet from 1st base to dugout seats

No Bleachers.But A bunch of trees landscaping scenery with scorbaord left field with trees behind the scoreboard

Ist Bullpen Over the fence right field warning path next to pole
                              2nd Bullpen Over the fence left field warning path next to pole

And a retractable roof

Comment

lvis you did a great job with mine thanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X