Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sfgiants29
    I get bored.

You know, even a ballpark that's like this would easily beat out any of the ideas that HOK has. Nice work, sfgiants29, I applaud you.
    My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

• I applaud you too. Now bring the upper decks in closer for a standing ovation.
      smoker

Comment

• Originally posted by sfgiants29
        I get bored.
        WOW! Nice work, makes me want to figure out how to work Google Sketchup, maybe we could have a BBF ballpark design contest someday...

Comment

• ugh green seats! noo!

I really like the OF wall this time though

good Job!
          LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean O

A little bit of a backround would be helplful.
              Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

• I don't have a design drawn out or anything but I think it'd be interesting to have a cliff in center field like that in Houston but instead of going up have it go down.

Another idea that I like is to have RF be about 310 and LF be at like 460 and CF at 385. Add some interesting features to the OF so that it isn't just a straight line but pretty much have it be slanted so that one corner is shallow with the other corner super deep and CF somewhere in between.

Comment

• I've had several over the years.

First, here are three I never really pursued beyond a rough unpolished model.

The first one was a salvage idea for Cinergy Field in Cincinnati, although I did it after the park was torn down. Basically the concept was to remove all seats in left field and replace the second deck with a concourse area like at current US Cellular Field. The large area below the base of the second deck would remain for a field level scoreboard and to house bullpens.

The second is a joint set of Jacobs Field in the distance and another smaller ballpark that is triple decked and very compact, very old fashioned, perhaps between AAA and MLB size.

The third is just a very rough design that takes advantage of a city superblock to create a very large field and maximizes space for seating.
                  Attached Files
                  http://capitalfrontiers.com

Comment

• Here is a more substantial design I came up with a couple years ago.

It employs a lot of lawn seating, unusual for MLB, and I tried to make it an aesthetically pleasing ballpark with flowing sections and rising and falling heights, perhaps good for a mountain city. It is triple decked so fans don't have too many stairs to climb to get to a concourse, and the scoreboard is quite large and the side board would contain a complete electronic scorecard of the game. The outfield walls are unusually tall, and the left field corner would have a large screen because it is less than 300 feet from home. I tried to curve all seats to the action. The only flaw is that because the decks don't overhang very much there is not much shade or cover and upper deck seats may be back a little ways. Also, the lower deck would be less steeply angled but not very large, so would appear fairly small.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I think this is the most promising of my proposals. It is roughly based on Petco Park, although it is unique in many ways.

It has two small decks tucked under a larger upper deck that overhangs close to the field for better views. This seems ideal because on nights with a small crowd the fact that the two smaller decks are more unified would make the ballpark seem smaller and more full and lively.

There is a split around first base where the upper deck drops several feet and curves around to the right field corner, creating an effect I like where there is a nice open space between the top of the first deck and the bottom of the upper deck, and impressive supports for the upper deck.

In left field the bleachers are double decked and go out about 2/3 of the way to center field. In center, there are a few sharp angles - see picture 2 - as the wall drops back and increases in height. In left center there is an area where there could be some good social space or perhaps a restaurant. Behind center there is a lot of lawn seating. This is above the hitter's backdrop.

The scoreboard support comes into play in right center, and the scoreboard is tall and not terribly wide. Along right field the fence is high and there is a walkway behind it with good views.

Bullpens are down the lines. Estimated capacity is 45-50 thousand, large but not too big.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• And just for fun, a football stadium idea.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I feel like this thread is worth bringing back. I like to look back on some of these ideas.
                          My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

• Originally posted by Knick9 View Post
                            I feel like this thread is worth bringing back. I like to look back on some of these ideas.
                            I've been trying to work Google Sketchup again but it seems all I can make are houses. Nevertheless I've been adjusting.
                            Attached Files
                            Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

Comment

• Blank Stadium. Home of the Blankety Blank Blanks.

Just a simple design I made with google sketchup. Nothing too difficult or detailed about it. It's 320 to left field, 410 to centre, 314 to right and 385 and 365 to left and right centre field respectively. There are plans in development to install a large scoreboard in the empty space in right field.

Coments, critisisms and rants are encouraged. Enjoy.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Padday View Post
                                Just a simple design I made with google sketchup. Nothing too difficult or detailed about it. It's 320 to left field, 410 to centre, 314 to right and 385 and 365 to left and right centre field respectively. There are plans in development to install a large scoreboard in the empty space in right field.

Coments, critisisms and rants are encouraged. Enjoy.
                                i like it but it needs a batters eye
                                http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X