X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
    SI doesn't need all those seats.

I remember elvis saying he used Gator foam or somthing
    im not trying to make one for SI just makin one for fun to see how it turns out
    http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

• i had to move the third deck back to change sightlines, theres still a problem withh seeing the extreme corners, but it appears as if youre missing more than you really are because of the field layout. If anyones really interested i can send you the sketchit file and you can take a look. heres a cross section, though at somewhat of an angle.
      Attached Files
      http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

• I mentioned Staten Island because of its location, and how the open outfield could benefit a tremendous view. Obviously a single A team doesn't need 45,000 seats.

28º isn't bad at all, since Yankee Stadium seems at least 30, perhaps as much as 33.

When I draft out parks, I usually start with 2 seperate elements: the plan (top-down view) of the field and dimensions, and the section (sliced side) view to check the sightlines. When determining upper deck locations, I take the highest point of the lower deck on the section view, draw a vertical line 10-12', make a horizontal line out to the edge of the field, then duplicate the horizontal another 10' upon that. So, 10-12' over the last seat of the lower deck for clearance for the concourse, then another 10' for luxury boxes behind the plate, then I draw a 20º, 25º, and 30º line from the edge of the field upwards. Then, I see what fits best.

If any of this makes sense. Good job.
        http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
          SI doesn't need all those seats.

I remember elvis saying he used Gator foam or somthing
          Why do SI and Brooklyn have single-A teams. We both are pretty big boroughs. Even SI has more people than Cincinatti.

Comment

• heres a stadium i made on sketchup its nothing special but its friggen hard

Its 309 ft to left foul pole
            376ft to left center
            396 ft to center
            411 ft to the deepest part of the park
            454 ft in right center
            and 349ft to right field foul pole.
            Last edited by bosoxgo; 09-02-2007, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bosoxgo View Post
              heres a stadium i made on sketchup its nothing special but its friggen hard

Heres a view from the 3rd base pavilion

This is a view from the upper deck in right field

Its 309 ft to left foul pole
              376ft to left center
              396 ft to center
              454 ft in right center
              All I see is Xs.

Comment

• Its 309 ft to left foul pole
                376ft to left center
                396 ft to center
                454 ft in right center

Comment

• maybe it will work with the links

http://www.msnusers.com/t4esbkj4rkq8...r%20deck%2Ejpg
                  http://www.msnusers.com/t4esbkj4rkq8...pavilion%2Ejpg
                  http://www.msnusers.com/t4esbkj4rkq8...Outfield%2Ejpg

Comment

• You need an MSN login to view the images. Upload them to imageshack.us and post the thumbnails here, then we'll be able to see it.
                    http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

• no dice. Can you save them as files under 100 kb and upload them directly here?

Comment

• here they are thanks sean O

View from the left field pavilion

view from the upper right deck

heres the demensions again 309 ft to left foul pole
                        376ft to left center
                        396 ft to center
                        454 ft in right center

just made some upgrades added the building and stands in right and a resturant in center
                        Last edited by bosoxgo; 09-03-2007, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• I'm currently working on a Cam-Am like ballpark (my first time using sketchup for real was today), but I haven't named it yet. Features:
                          -"Ground level" dugouts (just like McCoy Field, in RI) and "Premium" seating right next to the field and dugouts because of this.
                          -Grass seats in LF, with a full MLB and in-game scoreboard and tilted Ad space built into the wall (think Ebbets)
                          -Play area (although I stuck it far away from the field and with no view of the field, so whiney kids have to make their parents basically leave the game )
                          -More to come.

It's still a work-in-progress, as I need to add the following.:
                          -CF seats. I'm going to add a Polo Grounds like "clubhouse" which will actually just be affordable private seating. The bullpens will be underneath, with the pitchers entering and exiting underneath the "clubhouse" and the bullpens slightly behind and under the seating. I'm having trouble with the curving CF wall, though.
                          -RF seats. Still unsure what I'm going to do there.
                          Stairs. Can't figure out how to build underneath the netting in the grandstand.
                          -More Ads, restrooms, picnic tables and concession stands to make it look realer.
                          -Other small stuff.

PICS:

View behind the LF "grass bleachers":

Dramatic view from LF ramp, coming from parking lot and leading to "grass bleachers":

Scoreboard (trying to figure out how to add it) and ADs on LF wall.:

Comment

• Well, I finnaly finished the ballpark. Here's a link if you have sketch-up and want to look around it:
                            http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...594c174536879f

some more snapshots:

It's about 95% done, but I still need lights, some more Ads, and some filler to make the outside walls less bare.

Comment

• it's nice I like it - but a little big for can-am I really like the left field berm seats, good job! :applaud:
                              LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• My concept for a new Marlins Ballpark : "the Fishtank"

Hey Guys-

This is my first post, but I've been a longtime lurker and fan of these forums. This thread in particular inspired me to experiment with Google Sketch-Up and try to get some of my ideas fleshed out. I've been toying with this general idea
                                since college (grad 99) but wanted to refine it as I felt it was overlapping
                                with some ideas presented by the marlins.

After about a month of work/+ design, I'm finally done with my concept for a Marlins Ballpark. The goal was a to work within the constrains of the current design brief : a smaller, retractable roof stadium. Pulling inspiration from their current home, Miami Architecture, an Aquarium (that would glow similiar to the Beijing Olympic Swim Arena) . I wanted to shoehorn a somewhat simple baseball field layout into a more complex, non traditional exterior and seating bowl.

If my model wasn't so large (slowing down my computer) I would have added graphics to some of the exterior, curved lines (instead of the sharp angles) and I would of loved to have the "aquarium" glow similiarto the beijing arena, but again, I'm limited by the program and knowledge of it.

I hope I didn't overload the thread w/ too many pics. I'll upload the model to
                                sketch up in few days

I would love feedback and to get this thread going again!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X