Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the first one.

Lots of foul territory.
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

I'm sorry, but I can't resist!

Elvis has left the building he designed!

Eddie Cunningham

P.S. Seriously, keep up the good work! I wonder
      if there is a way to design a modern ballpark with
      the uneven grandstand of old Griffith Stadium?
      20 20

Finally---something Nats and Birds fans can agree on!

Comment

Elvis can you design a Small minor league stadium? A minor league stadium holds 15,000? With a overhang roof protecting rain from fans without poles that obstruct a fans view? And its got to have foul territory like in oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
          Elvis can you design a Small minor league stadium? A minor league stadium holds 15,000? With a overhang roof protecting rain from fans without poles that obstruct a fans view? And its got to have foul territory like in oakland.
          No problem. but Oakland's Coliseum's design is awfull really. I understand liking parks with lots of foul ground to help the pitcher, but the seats, especially in Oakland, are waaaaaaaaay too far away from the diamond. It's just a poor design for baseball... unless you actuallyenjoy being very far away from the game.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments by the way!

More models and drawings to come later

Comment

Minor League teams make a lot of mistakes and errors.Even good minor league teams play poor fielding errors.Thats why you need lots of foul territory cause they have to learn to earn the outs Batters hit balls in the stands to escape the strikeouts but if you hit a pop up and he catches it it helps out the fielding and pitching.Theres no excuse why you cant catch a pop up.No excuse for it at all.

Comment

A decent minor league park to design is the Epicenter where the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes play
              Angels 2002 World Champions 1979 1982 1986 2004 2005 AL West Champs

Southern California is covered in Red now

5 Straight Series Win:gt :gt

The saviors
              Jered Weaver 3-0 with a 1.86 ERA and a Sub 1 WHIP with 17K to 3Walk ratio
              Kendry Morales 279 AVG 3 HR'S 11 RBI
              Mike Napoli 323 AVG 4HR'S 11 RBI

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
                Slow? Hes not slow.The models i have saw are great work.But hes not a pro yet i bet someday he could really become an architect.
                Dude, he was calling YOU slow. From this response, I fear he is right.
                Anyway, that is awesome stuff Elvis. You truly have a talent.
                I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

I like the tri-deck design. It creates an extremely cosy atmosphere at the game. What would you estimate the capacity to be for such a stadium.

Comment

Well these are the coolest things I've ever seen! Got any more scans of models that you built? The second one is interesting. And the 3rd one is my fav...

Are you working on anything new?

Comment

Hey, Just out of curiosity how much would you charge for a small model of Wrigley? i probably won't be able to afford it (downside of being 15) but who knows maybe something would happen. I'd reckon a few hundred.
                      "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                      -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                      -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Originally posted by bluejaysfan
                        I like the tri-deck design. It creates an extremely cosy atmosphere at the game. What would you estimate the capacity to be for such a stadium.
                        I'd estimate that one around 55,000 to 60,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Chadford
                          Well these are the coolest things I've ever seen! Got any more scans of models that you built? The second one is interesting. And the 3rd one is my fav...

Are you working on anything new?
                          Thanks! I've got a few more scans I could post including a model of my interpretation of Ebbets Field.

No, I'm not working on anything. I did these six models around 1995 and haven't done one since. Someday I'd like to make a few more - maybe a larger scale or out of different materials. The scale used in the 5 baseball stadiums I did were 1" = 50', or exactly double what I did all my drawings on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
                            Hey, Just out of curiosity how much would you charge for a small model of Wrigley? i probably won't be able to afford it (downside of being 15) but who knows maybe something would happen. I'd reckon a few hundred.
                            I honestly don't know how much. I've never sold one to anyone. The materials don't cost that much. Believe it or not, all my models were 95% made out of corregated cardboard, with flat cardboard for parts like railing, facades, outfield walls and seating sections. I used a hot-glue gun to put all the pieces together. The thing I'm most proud of is the stregnth of the models. You can pick them up by the roof, by the seating decks, however, and they don't mind a bit - they're tough! They did get the light towers knocked off over the years, and the upper deck railings need to be reglued in a couple of spots, but they've survived some pretty rough handling through the years in great shape, although they really need to be cleaned and/or repainted some.

The big chore in these models was just the time involved in making them, and quite honestly, I just don't have the spare time to do it anymore, although I'd love to. Someday, but not right now.

Comment

Okie dokie. thanks for responding
                              "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                              -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                              -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

That is very cool Elvis. It's something I've wanted to do but never got around to it. I also considered creating "ballpark game rooms"(replicas of their home stadium) in private homes for professional athletes and sell them for $50,000 plus. That idea was about ten years ago. I'm sure somebody is doing it by now. You could probably get $500,000 for the right overpaid athlete(s) nowadays.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X