Your Dream Ballpark Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elvis9045
    Thanks! I've got a few more scans I could post including a model of my interpretation of Ebbets Field.
    Right on! Post them if you find the time cause I (and I'm sure others) would love to see them.

Comment

I honestly don't know how much. I've never sold one to anyone. The materials don't cost that much. Believe it or not, all my models were 95% made out of corregated cardboard, with flat cardboard for parts like railing, facades, outfield walls and seating sections. I used a hot-glue gun to put all the pieces together. The thing I'm most proud of is the stregnth of the models. You can pick them up by the roof, by the seating decks, however, and they don't mind a bit - they're tough! They did get the light towers knocked off over the years, and the upper deck railings need to be reglued in a couple of spots, but they've survived some pretty rough handling through the years in great shape, although they really need to be cleaned and/or repainted some.

The big chore in these models was just the time involved in making them, and quite honestly, I just don't have the spare time to do it anymore, although I'd love to. Someday, but not right now.
      Dude, you are absolutely, without question, my new hero here. Keep posting your models and drawings, they are too cool.
      I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Thanks! I've got a few more scans I could post including a model of my interpretation of Ebbets Field.
        I can't wait to see it.

You're gifted man.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Here's some more photos
          Attached Files

Comment

This is the "Ebbets Field" ballpark I built. It's not meant to be a replica - just what I would build. It's pretty similar though. I'll try and take a close-up photo of the main gate/exterior. It's pretty detailed.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Elvis; 01-06-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

A shot from centerfield. I designed a tri-level press box/suite level behind home plate at the top of the upper deck, ala PNC and Wrigley.
              Attached Files

Comment

Oops, this is the CF shot...
                Attached Files

Comment

Back to a few of the other stadiums. This is a good shot of the way the entire upper deck and press level are suspended on cantilevers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

------------------------
                    Attached Files

Comment

--------------------------------------
                      Attached Files

Comment

=-=-=-=-=-=-=---=-=-=-
                        Attached Files

Comment

=========-===========
                          Attached Files

Comment

#################
                            Attached Files

Comment

Elvis,,I challenge you to Build Memorial Stadium.

Comment

scale model

Dude, I love your designs, Elvis. I am new to posting, but you really know your stuff! I am seriously interested in building my own mini-field for Wiffle Ball. I may be looking for someone to make a model for me so that I can approach some friends about building it (friends in the field, of course). How much would you charge for such a model, like the ones you have pictures of? Email me at [email protected] or visit our site. I'd like to get some preliminary discussion going about this.

Sickle
                                www.bwbl.net

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X