No announcement yet.

Your Dream Ballpark Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please tell me that you have those models on display somewhere in your house!?!?!?!

Just thinking about what it takes to build those is impressive. The amount of time you must of put into that is incredible. Now that's dedication.

Seeing those scans makes me happy. I hope that one day you can find the time to make some new models - or even drawings...

j

Comment

my new design

I was just messing around, comparing some drawings that I have already done and adding some new features. I came up with a field that has elements of Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, Seal Stadium, Oriole Park, The Polo Grounds, and my own aspects. The field design would be like the old-style parks (exception being Oriole Park, but it's old-school looking), and the quirks in atmosphere would model those of the new-age parks.

Left Field Line: 74.25' (exactly 1/4 scale of Fenway)
      Left Field Alley: 96'
      Left Center: max out at 99'
      Center: 116'
      Right Center: 93'
      Right Field Alley: 99'
      Right Field Line: 78'

Left Center gets quirky with Seal Stadium aspects. Center has a Polo Grounds feel, but with my own design. The Right Field foul area is similar to Oriole Park. The backstop and foul ground are reminiscent of Yankee Stadium.

Of all of my designs, this definitely is the most "quirky", which may turn some of you purists off, but it fits my personality to a T, as well as blends many different old-school parks with my own philosophy.

This is named Design #8.

Sickle
      www.bwbl.net

Comment

What kind of computer programs?

What kind of computer programs do architects and designers use to create 3 dimensional objects and virtual models of things.
        Riding Revel8

Comment

STRATA 3D CX is very user-friendly.
          it is the only one that i have used, though.
          "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by tyberesk
            What kind of computer programs do architects and designers use to create 3 dimensional objects and virtual models of things.
            I believe the most used program is called CAD. My friend tried to show me how to use it a few years ago, but it was way over my head.

Comment

I use a program called Vectorworks, since that's primarily what theatre designers use for their designs. It's a nice combination of a program like AutoCAD because you have the geometrical elements, but also the vector-based shapes that make 3d work pretty simple.

I've been meaning to really pour myself into AutoCAD, but it's hard to stay motivated when everything is so much easier in a program you're already familiar with.
              http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

How Much Do These Programs Cost And Where Can I Buy One?

Comment

1). a lot, and 2). do a search for vectorworks. the company is called nemetschek, at nemetschek.com.

All the info should be there. It doesn't come cheap, and it's really hard to learn how to use the programs to begin with. But, you've gotta start somewhere. Just be certain you're going to spend the time on it before investing the cash.
                  http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Originally posted by sickle
                    Left Field Line: 74.25' (exactly 1/4 scale of Fenway)
                    Left Field Alley: 96'
                    Left Center: max out at 99'
                    Center: 116'
                    Right Center: 93'
                    Right Field Alley: 99'
                    Right Field Line: 78'

My mistake; I've changed the left field line to 77.5', TRUE 1/4 scale.
                    www.bwbl.net

Comment

If you're interested in stadium models, I've done some.

Visit

http://rogerfweber1.tripod.com/id3.html
                      http://rogerfweber1.tripod.com/id4.html
                      http://capitalfrontiers.com

Comment

I've made some using CAD, but they're like Andrew Clem's, so they're not really actual architectural style, just the outline of the stadium and color coded.

I could maybe post them up here, if anyone is interested.
                        I like cranberry sauce.

"The Babe was a great ballplayer, sure, but Ty Cobb was even greater. Babe could knock your brains out, but Cobb would drive you crazy." - Tris Speaker

Comment

Originally posted by redbuck
                          If you're interested in stadium models, I've done some.

Visit

http://rogerfweber1.tripod.com/id3.html
                          http://rogerfweber1.tripod.com/id4.html
                          Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wicker
                            I've made some using CAD, but they're like Andrew Clem's, so they're not really actual architectural style, just the outline of the stadium and color coded.

I could maybe post them up here, if anyone is interested.
                            I am! Post them babies!

Comment

It didn't turn out exactly the way I planned it, because the black lines didn't show up as a border between all the colors, but you still get the general idea.

Light Orange = Lower Deck
                              Dark Orange = Mezzanine Seating
                              Pink = Upper Deck
                              Dark Gray = Roof
                              Light Gray = Walkways / Concourse
                              Dark Green = Shrubs / Grass Slopes

Anybody who's seen Clem's drawing will recongize this style immediately.
                              I like cranberry sauce.

"The Babe was a great ballplayer, sure, but Ty Cobb was even greater. Babe could knock your brains out, but Cobb would drive you crazy." - Tris Speaker

Comment

Hey Elvis, do you think you could draw pictures of a cross between Comerica Park and Tiger Stadium?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X