No announcement yet.

Your Dream Ballpark Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking great stlfan. But a retractable roof would probably be needed imo. Florida at times can be way to hot and that would hurt attendance at times. So, I think a retractable roof of some kind is almost a given in florida or any other teams down south.

Comment

• I know i am breaking the rules of baseball (baseball shall not be played indoors) but i figured id have fun with it. I've been to Las Vegas many times and I would think that more then half of the games would have to be played with the roof closed because even at night it can get pretty miserable. So i dont know that building an out door or retractable roof ball park would be very smart. This is also my first attempt at a stadium with real seats in skectchup. So far it looks like it will end up in the low 40,000 capacity range. My biggest problem with this dome is what to do with the large dead area in center field. Any suggestions? Also i think i am going to in the end work on a conversion for Hockey and basketball like they used to use at Tropicana Field. I never thought i would ever base any of my ballparks off Tropicana Field at all.Las Vegas Dome 1.jpgLas Vegas Dome 2.jpgLas Vegas Dome 3.jpg320821_240563032655727_128758937169471_781903_772869_n.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Elvis View Post
        Here's another model stadium - this one a triple-deck design, again, using cantilever construction.
        This is so cool! I'd love to get a hold of this software. How can I get it?
        Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

Comment

• Labaat Field

My turn...

I call it Labaat Field (not quite sure where that name came from; I just figuratively snapped my fingers and came up with it)...it started based off of what mrslim did back in posts 210-212 and 214-215, then it took off from there. I built it in about two weeks in Sketchup; the lack of color is because more than anything textures slow my computer down to a crawl while working in Sketchup.

The exterior...

Another exterior shot...

...And an aerial shot.

I may (or may not) come back with more this evening; then tomorrow morning I'm off to band camp for the week.

Comment

• Its not showing up, buy I'm sure its great!
            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Alrighty lemme see what I can do...

7663702810_a710048f66_b.jpg

7663703276_04d1dde81d_b.jpg

7663704100_e102291b9d_b.jpg

7663704328_d0de1df745_b.jpg

Preview Post says that it works, so here ya go.

Comment

• If that clear CF wall faced the ocean, and they built it below sea level. It would be most impressive. Let's start petitioning the Rays today.

Amazing Job Mitch.

and Angelfan2002, if you are still reading, You should put both bullpens and a large food court in that empty space. the POV looking up at that scoreboard would be fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jgweiss View Post
                  If that clear CF wall faced the ocean, and they built it below sea level. It would be most impressive. Let's start petitioning the Rays today.

Amazing Job Mitch.

and Angelfan2002, if you are still reading, You should put both bullpens and a large food court in that empty space. the POV looking up at that scoreboard would be fantastic.
                  I gave up on that one. I bit off way more then i could chew with the real seats and just got frustrated with it. Ive taken a break from baseball now.

Comment

• Sharp looking park!
                    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngelFan2002 View Post
                      I gave up on that one. I bit off way more then i could chew with the real seats and just got frustrated with it. Ive taken a break from baseball now.
                      I could imagine how tedious that must have been putting in the seats like that!

I've been goofing with numerous things at roughly the same time. All unfinished, of course! I finished the upper deck on my old Rays idea. I'll get started on the roofing soon. I'll also throw in a Chargers stadium idea and a replacement for the Red Wings (And I hope the architects go with an old Olympia idea, kinda like the one I came up with). I included two renderings - one with the roof and one without. The seating at either end on the floor will slide out about 24 feet to bring them closer for a basketball configuration.

TampaIdea1.jpg
                      TampaIdea2.jpg
                      ChargersIdea1.jpg
                      RedWingsIdea1.jpg
                      RedWingsIdea2.jpg

Comment

• Wow all three of those are awesome!!!! Any chance any of these will make it to the 3d warehouse?

Originally posted by Pelt View Post
                        I could imagine how tedious that must have been putting in the seats like that!

I've been goofing with numerous things at roughly the same time. All unfinished, of course! I finished the upper deck on my old Rays idea. I'll get started on the roofing soon. I'll also throw in a Chargers stadium idea and a replacement for the Red Wings (And I hope the architects go with an old Olympia idea, kinda like the one I came up with). I included two renderings - one with the roof and one without. The seating at either end on the floor will slide out about 24 feet to bring them closer for a basketball configuration.

[ATTACH]111818[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]111819[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]111820[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]111821[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]111822[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Much appreciated, AngelFan2002.

We'll see on the warehouse. I want to get some stuff more completed on them first before I upload them. That's the problem though with sketchup. The closer you get to getting them finished, the harder they are to work with. The program gets real slow and it gets very frustrating.

Comment

• Here's a few others that I'll dust off and share. The first is a redone Miami idea that I'm working on. It will have a representation of a retractable roof. It may or may not have an obnoxious home run feature! The second is an idea for Chelsea Football Club in London. The Brits love their boxy stadia with four distinct stands. And the last one was just some random idea I had for another soccer stadium. No club specifically in mind for it. I affectionately refer to it as "The Toilet Seat"!

MiamiIdea1.jpg
                            MiamiIdea2.jpg
                            ChelseaIdea2.jpg
                            SoccerIdea1.jpg
                            SoccerIdea2.jpg

Comment

• One more of The Toilet Seat that I couldn't fit on the last post.

SoccerIdea3.jpg

Comment

• Heres an attempt at a real retro park. Kind of a Shibe knock off, but I think it turned out okay.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X