Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigMac1212
    replied
    Sorry for bumping this thread, but I would like my hand on this. I will download Sketchup soon (I don't have the money to go pro), and try to master it to make my own ballparks. The problem is I am not an architect and don't know anything about CAD programs. Do you know how to get in to this program?

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Fantastic place!

Leave a comment:

• Commodore Crablegs
    replied
    ....aaand a gratuitous 2nd shot comin your way!

Leave a comment:

• Commodore Crablegs
    replied
    Yea! im happy that the architecture is plausible enough that it looks legit in realistic renders. but maaaan those flat seat textures make the railing pop out like old soccer stadium crush barriers!
    the stadium im making now will have full 3d seating. my graphics card will cry tears of joy.

Leave a comment:

• chip
    replied
    That is INCREDIBLE Commodore!

Is that the same ballpark from post #705?

Leave a comment:

• Commodore Crablegs
    replied
    Ye olde dream ballpark for nostalgia sake

Leave a comment:

• Commodore Crablegs
    replied
    Originally posted by PlanetZoltan View Post
    Here is the finished product of the one I posted above. I designed it for the Angels, and call it "Big A Ballpark" (not real imaginative, I know, but its not about the name)

So anyway, let me know what you all think. Great parks everybody! [ATTACH]114941[/ATTACH]
    3 years later it reminds me of old Kawasaki stadium. smashy.

F-hdkawasaki.jpg

----------

Originally posted by stlfan View Post
    I was trying to think up a modern stadium design. Then I was thinking about retractable roofs. Then I had an idea. It would look the lease imposing while open if it was like a stroller canopy. What do you think? I know, a hair brained idea and who would know about the logistics and roof material that could hold up to the constant use. But it's a concept I haven't seen done before for a stadium.
    would something like that even be possible without St louis arch-ish rails to support it? the hinges would have to be epic. cool idea since most of these stadiums end up looking like warehouses.

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    I think I might try my retractable roof design on the Rays stadium concept I had been working on. My only huge thing I'm going to have to change with the stadium design I've done so far is the outfield lights and scoreboard.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by stlfan View Post
    A rough sketch.
    I wonder if it can be done? I have seen the kind that slide under each other like part of skydome and a clam shell like Miller, bu this would be awesome! Its like safeco without having to have the same size land behind the stadium to store the open roof!

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammbone7 View Post
    Well its definitely a work in progress, but this is my dream stadium for the Houston Astros. I tried to incorporate some features from Minute Maid (like the short left field porch) and the Astrodome (the giant scoreboard and eventually the roof). As I said, I'm still working on it so no the seats and scoreboard aren't really floating, I just haven't put in the support beams yet. I would also really love to learn how to edit the textures because looking back on a lot of the designs posted, you all are really, really good with textures.
    Great park!

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    A rough sketch.

IMG_20150416_094015.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Hammbone7
    replied
    That's not a bad idea. I tried thinking along those lines because I know retractable roofs aren't generally visually appealing, I just didn't know how to execute it. I think that would be a cool idea for a new Rays' stadium.

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    I was trying to think up a modern stadium design. Then I was thinking about retractable roofs. Then I had an idea. It would look the lease imposing while open if it was like a stroller canopy. What do you think? I know, a hair brained idea and who would know about the logistics and roof material that could hold up to the constant use. But it's a concept I haven't seen done before for a stadium.

il_fullxfull.322016971.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Hammbone7
    replied
    Well its definitely a work in progress, but this is my dream stadium for the Houston Astros. I tried to incorporate some features from Minute Maid (like the short left field porch) and the Astrodome (the giant scoreboard and eventually the roof). As I said, I'm still working on it so no the seats and scoreboard aren't really floating, I just haven't put in the support beams yet. I would also really love to learn how to edit the textures because looking back on a lot of the designs posted, you all are really, really good with textures.

Screenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).pngScreenshot (18).pngScreenshot (20).png
    Last edited by Hammbone7; 04-15-2015, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
    I like the first one.

Lots of foul territory.
    Yes, but what about the tunnel vision?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X