three parks, one city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• three parks, one city

I'm seriously doubting this, but, by chance, would any person on this board have ever seen a game in three different home parks for the same franchise? Or maybe anybody's dad, or granddad? If yes to any, wow. If you can share the details, I'd love to hear it. My grandfather, who died last year, (barely) saw Crosley, Riverfront, and Great American. He was a Cubs fan, but he had lots of relatives in southern Michigan and eastern Indiana, so by default...Reds games. For the record, he loved Riverfront Stadium. This was '85 and 86. He was forever a Cub fan, but he would actually talk about how much better it was than either of the parks in Chicago. I was with him only for the Reds games in Riverfront. Many in Wrigley, Comiskey, and Tiger Stadium, but never Crosley or Great American. Anyway, what he said about Riverfront made sense at the time. Big aisles, bigger concourses, a sense of space. We always sat in the blue seats when grandpa was going to the game, so I can see why he liked it so much. He never sat in the upper deck. Anyway, this is a list of teams that may have some takers. If you actually know somebody, aside from a player, who saw the Dodgers in Brooklyn AND the Coliseum, A's in Philadelphia, the Braves in Boston, or the Orioles in St. Louis, sorry for the exclusion.
    Phillies
    Expos/Nationals
    Braves
    Cardinals
    Astros
    Reds
    Pirates
    Giants
    Pilots/Mariners
    smoker

My dad has been to Crosley Field, Riverfront Stadium/Cinergy Field, and Great American Ball Park though I'm too young to have possibly seen Crosley Field be destroyed.

I forgot that I could also include my grandparents.
    Last edited by redlegsfan21; 10-19-2006, 08:58 PM.
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Certainly someone could have seen
      Angels' Wrigley, Chavez Ravine, Anaheim and Angel Stadiums
      Senators/Rangers RFK, Arlington Stadium and Ballpark in Arlington
      Phils Connie Mack, Veterans and Citizens
      Pirates Forbes, 3 Rivers and PNC
      Expos/Nationals Jarry, Olympic, Bithorn and RFK
      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

How about Busch Stadium I, Busch Stadium II, and Busch Stadium III.
        Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

three parks

Originally posted by nascarfn5
          How about Busch Stadium I, Busch Stadium II, and Busch Stadium III.
          was lucky enough to have been in all three parks...as with Reds three parks.

I hated riverfront..just a bad cookie cutter stadium from that era..although
          many REDS fans love it....I was happy to see it gone...as with Atlanta's
          fulton....another cookie cutter..and I'll be happy to see the current home
          of the TWINS, the metrodome, go the way of all flesh, as well..

sad to see Tiger stadium die....when you're o-l-d- you had the chance to
          sift thru a lot of baseball history, well, at the time, it was current...

I remember seeing Roger Maris...in a KC uniform.....wow....being born in 1947,
          does have some perks...I guess....

Comment

Old Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium (74-75) Present Yankee Stadium.... does that count
            cong

Comment

I saw the Dodgers in Ebbets Field, Roosevelt Stadium (Jersey City) 1956, the Coliseum 1961 and Chavez Ravine 1966.
              After 1957, it seemed like we would never laugh again. Of course, we did. Its just that we were never young again.

Comment

How about Sick's Stadium to see the Seattle Pilots play their only season, the Kingdome, and Safeco.

Comment

I've seen games in Cincinnati at Crosley, Riverfront and GABP.
                  I saw 3 games at Crosley, too many to count at Riverfront and 1 at GABP.

Comment

Originally posted by cong
                    Old Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium (74-75) Present Yankee Stadium.... does that count
                    I would say that this one counts.

BTW,great thread here.I like this topic.

Unfortuantely,I can't contribute here since I'm not old enough to have seen the White Sox play at the old 39th Street Grounds prior to the 1910 opening of Comiskey Park.

Comment

I'm sure relatives on my dad's side have been to Polo Grounds, Ebbet's Field, and Yankee Stadium. My dad probably went to Yankee Stadium before they re-modeled it in the 70's. So he's been to both Yankee Stadiums and Shea.
                      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

My father has seen the Indians play at League Park, Cleveland Municipal Stadium and Jacobs Field. The Tribe used both League Park and the C.M.S. between 1934 and 1946, playing weekend & night games at Cleveland Stadium with any-all other games at League Park.

Comment

Sadly, my father's health prevented him from attending any Nats' games in the new ballpark (he attended games when much younger at Griffith Stadium and RFK Stadium) before he passed away, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people in the DC area who saw the Senators play at Griffith Stadium and at DC/RFK Stadium, and who have also seen the Nationals play in both RFK Stadium and Nationals Park. One person I know for a fact who has done this is Phil Wood, who is a local Baltimore radio guy who grew up in the Northern Virginia suburbs of DC. He has written of having seen the Senators in both Griffith and RFK Stadiums, and has covered the Nats in Nationals Park since they moved there. I'm sure he's far from the only one who's attended games in all 3 venues.

Comment

Interesting old thread, never saw this in the past. I managed to see the Expos/Nats franchise in Olympic Stadium, RFK and Nats Park. I guess that's the easy one. Did all three in a span of 10 years. (1998, 2005, 2008)
                            StadiumPage.com
                            Stadium Google Map

Comment

had a chance to see expos last home game, last franchise game @ shea then nat's first franchise game in philly and first home game...
                              the turd in the punchbowl
                              reality really sucks.
                              enjoy the game more...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X