Ballpark Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Question

What ballpark hosted the largest attended game in minor league history: 65,666 in 1982.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis9045
      Hmmmm. Farthest, I'll say CF in the Polo Grounds: 483 ft.

Although Yankee Stadium was 490 ft until they remodeled the bleachers in 1937 and brought it in to 461.

Shortest I believe was also Polo Grounds: RF - 258 ft.

The current shortest distance is RF pole at Fenway: 302 ft. Next shortest is RF at AT&T park: 309 ft.

Longest current is I believe CF at Houston: 436 ft.
      Well, your answers for present-day parks are correct, but your classic answers are both wrong. The real answers are a bit surprising.
      http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sean O
        Well, your answers for present-day parks are correct, but your classic answers are both wrong. The real answers are a bit surprising.
        Well I knew Fenway and Braves Field both used to be 550 to center, but I thought that they brought the fences in before the live-ball era.

Oh, The LA Coliseum was 251! Shortest!

Comment

What ballpark hosted the largest attended game in minor league history: 65,666 in 1982.
          Easy Question to an Easy Answer. Denvers Mile High Stadium hosted the largest attendance for an minor league game.

Next Question what was the first ballpark had a colorful electronic scoreboard?

Comment

Well I knew Fenway and Braves Field both used to be 550 to center, but I thought that they brought the fences in before the live-ball era.

Oh, The LA Coliseum was 251! Shortest!
            Good! Yeah, the Braves fence wasn't moved in until 1927, while Fenway... I'm not so sure about. I know the dead-center distance according to Clem was 488', but before the 1934 renovations occasionally they put temporary stands on Duffy's Cliff, so that would bring it back down.

Here are the longest distances in the liveball era:
            1). Braves Field - 550
            2). Yankee Stadium - 490
            3). Fenway Park - 488
            4). Polo Grounds - 483
            5). Cleveland Municipal Stadium - 470
            6). Tiger Stadium - 467
            7). Forbes Field - 462
            8). League Park - 460
            9). Griffith - 457
            10). Comiskey Park - 455

shortest:
            1). LA Memorial Coliseum - 251
            2). Yankee Stadium - 258
            2). Polo Grounds - 258
            4). Baker Bowl - 281
            5). League Park - 290

The more you know ...
            http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
              Easy Question to an Easy Answer. Denvers Mile High Stadium hosted the largest attendance for an minor league game.

Next Question what was the first ballpark had a colorful electronic scoreboard?
              The Astrodome in 1965. And Dodger Stadium debuted the first color video board in 1980.

Comment

The Astrodome in 1965. And Dodger Stadium debuted the first color video board in 1980.
                And the A`s were the First american league team to get a color scoreboard in 1969.

Comment

And the A`s were the First american league team to get a color scoreboard in 1969.
                  Have to correct you here steveox.
                  The White Sox had the AL's 1st color scoreboard in 1982.
                  Last edited by Chisox73; 01-02-2006, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Get The Oakland A`s Scoreboard pic from 69- early 70s and youll see what im talking about.

Comment

After the renovation in 1976, which famous part of yankee stadium was moved to a much lower elevation?
                      Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Legend
                        After the renovation in 1976, which famous part of yankee stadium was moved to a much lower elevation?
                        The copper frieze

Comment

Get The Oakland A`s Scoreboard pic from 69- early 70s and youll see what im talking about.
                          Here's how the original scoreboard looked from 1969 through the mid 1980s.

Now,here's the scoreboard from the 1980s through 1994,with the addition of the center field Diamond Vision.

Comment

The One in Right Field shows stuff like Players Faces when hes up at Bat. The One in Left Field shows the Score.

Comment

Here's the current view toward left.

The current view toward right.

Comment

Yeah The Coliseum Looks ugly now because of mr Al Davis wanted add seats for his raiders so they cant sellout and be on local TV.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X