Ballpark Trivia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yankee Legend
    After the renovation in 1976, which famous part of yankee stadium was moved to a much lower elevation?
    Originally posted by Chisox73
    The copper frieze
    I believe the frieze in the present stadium is not the original and it is not copper. The new stadium will have the frieze back up on the roof where it belongs.

I think the correct answer is "The Playing Field". It was lowered several feet fr the new stadium
    cong

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Legend
      After the renovation in 1976, which famous part of yankee stadium was moved to a much lower elevation?
      The troughs?

Comment

Originally posted by cong
        I believe the frieze in the present stadium is not the original and it is not copper. The new stadium will have the frieze back up on the roof where it belongs.

I think the correct answer is "The Playing Field". It was lowered several feet fr the new stadium
        Correct on both counts. The field was lowered 8-10 ft. The new frieze in the new stadium, however, will not be a replica of the original Yankee Stadium, as the fiberglass(?) replica was made to look for the '74-75 renovation. It will be a modern/futuristic interpretation.

New question:

This stadium was named after a beloved local sportswriter. It has since been renamed for a corporate sponser. What stadium is it?

Comment

correct the frieze was moved from the roof to i beleve the outfield wall.
          Yankees '09

Arod, CC, AJ, DJ and Tex

Comment

This stadium was named after a beloved local sportswriter. It has since been renamed for a corporate sponser. What stadium is it?
            Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium.

Here's mine, it should be an easy one: How high is the RF wall at PNC Park?
            LETS GO BUCS!!

Comment

21 ft high for the great Roberto Clemente.

------------------------

What was the pressbox at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh known as?

Comment

Here's a question, possibly open to interpretation. What is the tallest point considered in-play in ballpark history?
                http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sean O
                  Here's a question, possibly open to interpretation. What is the tallest point considered in-play in ballpark history?
                  Randy Johnson?

How about the roof at Olympic Stadium? I believe if you hit some part of it or another you were awarded a ground-rule double.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis9045

The Catbirds seat? Forbes was before my time, but I know the Press Box was up on the roof of the park.

As for tallest point "in play' I would guess Coors Field.
                    LETS GO BUCS!!

Comment

Originally posted by steveox
                      Yeah The Coliseum Looks ugly now because of mr Al Davis wanted add seats for his raiders so they cant sellout and be on local TV.
                      I agree with that one. But since Mt. Davis went up,those balls have been flying out of there.

Comment

Roof of the Metrodome?

Comment

Originally posted by bluejaysfan
                          Roof of the Metrodome?
                          The roof of Skydome or Rogers Centre or whatever you want to call it is 100 feet higher than the Metrodome

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis9045
                            Answer: The "Crow's Nest"

------------------------

1. What ballpark featured the first organist?

2. Who was the first tenant of Chicago's Wrigley Field?

3. In what ballpark did the Beatles play their last ever concert?

Comment

#2. Chicago Whales of the Federal League(1914-15)

#3. Candlestick Park

Comment

It's The Olympic Stadium. Remember when Guerrero hit the roof. I think he was the first to do that in Montreal, wasn't he??????
                                Last edited by Gjm130; 01-16-2006, 10:21 PM.
                                REMEMBER THE EXPOS

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X