Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4huskerfanz View Post
    Picture wise on Shibe Park.......how about this one
    Great photo with some awesome detail. Looks to be the early 1920s.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

• It's a colorized version of a Bain photo from the 1914 World Series. Pretty awesome.

Comment

• The picture seems to have disappeared since yesterday. But it was very nicely done! Realistic-looking.
        "Thank you very much, Commissioner, for the fine introduction. We've got the setting: sunshine, fresh air; we've got the team behind us. So... let's play two! - Ernie Banks, Aug 8, 1977"

Comment

• Originally posted by seawolf View Post
          It's a colorized version of a Bain photo from the 1914 World Series. Pretty awesome.
          Good info, thanks. Indeed, I now notice the date in the upper left.

Originally posted by MrCubFan View Post
          The picture seems to have disappeared since yesterday. But it was very nicely done! Realistic-looking.
          I still see it. But since there was some difficulty when it was first posted, it's not surprising that some are having difficult experiences with it.

So I'll post it again.

image_156821.jpg
          Put it in the books.

Comment

• Quite the thing! It looks like someone went back to the 1914 World Series in a time machine, and took a modern digital camera along.
            "Thank you very much, Commissioner, for the fine introduction. We've got the setting: sunshine, fresh air; we've got the team behind us. So... let's play two! - Ernie Banks, Aug 8, 1977"

Comment

• Originally posted by MrCubFan View Post
              Quite the thing! It looks like someone went back to the 1914 World Series in a time machine, and took a modern digital camera along.
              Right? That's pretty much what I thought. Really good resolution, and nearly perfect colorization.
              Put it in the books.

Comment

• You check out his other colorized photos at Baseball in Color on FaceBook & Twitter. He does amazing work!

Comment

• I follow him on Twitter but I didn't know he was on Facebook. Since I'm more active on Facebook, I'm now following him there as well.
                  X
                  What's THAT guy doing?
                  - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• How about any interior color pictures when the seats were green and the fences were ad free? Before the A's left. I always thought she looked a little classier back then.

Comment

• How about the famous picture of Tony Taylor standing in Connie Mack Stadium (after the fire) when the whole field was overgrown with weeds?

Comment

• That 1914 picture may be the best 100+ year old photo of any kind that I have ever seen. Put that baby on a large TV monitor and turn out all the lights until it is pitch black dark in your room. It is incredibly real feeling, almost as real as virtual reality. That was a World Series the Athletics didn't enjoy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X