Ballpark Skylines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark Skylines

I've been looking at some photos of ball park stadiums on ballparkdigest.com and found some really interesting ball parks with beautiful views of the downtown skyline that surrounds the park. So far the three that I've found most interesting are Comerica Park in Detroit, PNC Park in Pittsburgh, and Rogers Centre in Toronto.

Are there any other parks with beautiful surround sights as these?

PS...I'm not about to travel to Canada to watch a baseball game in a retractable roof stadium with astroturf.

Homer pick.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Elvis; 01-19-2007, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Not much, its the sky. But sosmetimes when its cloudy the sunset makes it look great... although due to the heat they leave the roof closed and the square holes in the back wall. They leave them closed untill sometime in August.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RichardLillard1; 01-19-2007, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Not only can you see the skyline of downtown Seattle from Safeco, but you can also see the roof of Qwest Field, home of the mighty Seattle Seahawks football squad.

Comment

Great View of Cincinnati with the GABP.

Sorry I couldn't find a smaller picture.
          Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

The best bar none (yes I am a homer)

Pirates Fan Forever!!!!!

Comment

My favorite is of the ballpark that never was.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound
                PS...I'm not about to travel to Canada to watch a baseball game in a retractable roof stadium with astroturf.
                It's really not that bad. On a nice summer day, it's beautiful. And on a snowy April day, well, would you rather see a game or not?

WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by steveironcity
                  The best bar none (yes I am a homer)
                  I agree steveironcity that the PNC Park view is awesome (I have actually been there once and seen it in person). But to pick a nit the original poster already identified PNC as one of the best and was looking for suggestions for other good ones too.

Comment

Although nothing beats the Bronx Count Courthouse (I'm a homer also), I was at the All Star game at PNC this year and it's really a great place to watch a game. Here are some shots I took.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I guess I am partial to this one....

Should I gloat at this point and let you know where my World Series tickets were? (Right Field Bleachers for Game 4 adn Left Field for the clincher, since you asked )

The photo was taken before the first game, the left field bleachers and upper deck in left are not quite finished yet....

The area beyond the stadium in left will become the "Ballpark Village" an area of retail, bars, reastaurants, and residential as well. Should be a great place to go before, after, or in the case of ever increasing demand for tickets, during a game.

You can completely block out the ballpark, and know this is a photo of Busch Stadium... with the famous Gateway Arch out beyond right field.
                      "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Stan I bet you already know this, but the Cardinals are the first team to win the World Series in an inaugural season of a new stadium since the Red Sox did it in 1912 in Fenway Park's first year!

Comment

As far's I'm concerned, Elvis' contribution is the best..
                          "Heroes are people who are all good with no bad in them. That's the way I always saw Joe DiMaggio. He was beyond question one of the greatest players of the century."

~Mickey Mantle

Comment

I like Fenway's, but my opinion might not be neutral....

Especally when the Prudential Building did this during the 2004(?) Playoffs:

Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 01-20-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seattle1
                              Stan I bet you already know this, but the Cardinals are the first team to win the World Series in an inaugural season of a new stadium since the Red Sox did it in 1912 in Fenway Park's first year!

Yes I do, and I was in the left field bleachers, thus breaking the Red Sox Record for winning a WS at hoime, in the first year of a stadium, with me in attendance.

I was not at the 1912 World Series.
                              "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X