Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Renovation (1974 - 1975)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DrBear View Post
    Sadly, incorrect info is always at your Beck and call.
    OUCH! Two thumbs up DrBear!

    Gehrig27: O'Really?


    NOT!
    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

    NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

    RYS: "No, I am your father..."

    NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

    RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

    Comment


    • Fellas, we have enough trouble disagreeing on Stadium stuff, let's not start political sniping.
      Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
        ERRRR To everyone: please keep misconceptions like these OFF of Baseball/Pigskin Fever . . . Thank you.
        have any pix of what you're yelling about?
        the turd in the punchbowl
        reality really sucks.
        enjoy the game more...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
          have any pix of what you're yelling about?
          Do you have any pics of these upper deck to basement cables, whose existence you've asserted? NYFan1stYankFan2nd has already quoted from one of the renovation workers, seems like the ball's in your court for supporting your claim.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
            have any pix of what you're yelling about?
            Scroll down to teh bottom of 1568 Paul - they're RIGHT in front of you! I bet your wife has a field day with you - can't even find the ketchup in the refrigerator she has to reach in and knock you over the head with it. LOL!
            RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

            NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

            RYS: "No, I am your father..."

            NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

            RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
              Scroll down to teh bottom of 1568 Paul - they're RIGHT in front of you! I bet your wife has a field day with you - can't even find the ketchup in the refrigerator she has to reach in and knock you over the head with it. LOL!
              you don't know my wife either...
              the turd in the punchbowl
              reality really sucks.
              enjoy the game more...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                you don't know my wife either...
                You blue-blooded son-of-a-Vulcan, do you have even one ounce of a sense of humor?

                -"Bones" McCoy, USS Enterprise
                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

                NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

                RYS: "No, I am your father..."

                NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

                RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Paul W View Post
                  have any pix of what you're yelling about?
                  We do now... thanks National Geographic!

                  (and no disrespect Paul... you're a great contributor)

                  vlcsnap-00001..jpg

                  Comment


                  • Watched the documentary last night...it felt too short, like there was so much more that they could have shown but didn't. I would LOVE to get my hands on that raw footage though...Think what gems they could have had in there that we didn't see.

                    Also, the documentary proves that the catwalks were still under the upperdeck spray painted red. You could see a few good shots of in the documentary.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                      Watched the documentary last night...it felt too short, like there was so much more that they could have shown but didn't. I would LOVE to get my hands on that raw footage though...Think what gems they could have had in there that we didn't see.

                      Also, the documentary proves that the catwalks were still under the upperdeck spray painted red. You could see a few good shots of in the documentary.

                      Thought we established that they are new catwalks and not the originals from pre-renovation. The originals pointed up, as the new ones point down. There were also catwalks going perpendicular to the other catwalks as well.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                        Thought we established that they are new catwalks and not the originals from pre-renovation. The originals pointed up, as the new ones point down. There were also catwalks going perpendicular to the other catwalks as well.
                        Did we establish this? It's possible, I don't remeber it. I remeber we came to the conclusion that the originals were gone, but I thought this disproved that. You may be right, I just don't remeber that.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                          Did we establish this? It's possible, I don't remeber it. I remeber we came to the conclusion that the originals were gone, but I thought this disproved that. You may be right, I just don't remeber that.
                          The new ones going from the old concourse to the upper deck use the existing support structure of the originals, but they are most certainly not the original pre-renovation catwalks. You can also see the perpendicular catwalks as well.

                          Also, in the DVD, " Yankee Stadium: Baseball's Cathedral" there are shots of the stadium during the renovation where you can see that they removed most of the catwalks( I assume they left some in so they could access the upper deck, but they probably were removed/replaced when the renovations came to a close).

                          Last edited by quagmire; 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Nice capture! Really shows the RYS cable set up. Albeit based on Dick Muller's description I thought those turnbuckles would be much larger!
                            RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

                            NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

                            RYS: "No, I am your father..."

                            NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

                            RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                              Did we establish this? It's possible, I don't remeber it. I remeber we came to the conclusion that the originals were gone, but I thought this disproved that. You may be right, I just don't remeber that.
                              The Steel Structure remained but the concrete beds for the catwalks had been removed during the renovation. The Primed Red Steel was also added during the renovations.

                              The second clip posted on River Avenue Blues shows a catwalk without the concrete bed from a camera mounted in the Pre-Renovated Upper Deck Concourse. Second video.
                              http://riveraveblues.com/2011/04/vid...stadium-46839/
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 04-28-2011, 05:55 AM.
                              Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

                              Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
                                The Steel Structure remained but the concrete beds for the catwalks had been removed during the renovation. The Primed Red Steel was also added during the renovations.

                                The second clip posted on River Avenue Blues shows a catwalk without the concrete bed from a camera mounted in the Pre-Renovated Upper Deck Concourse. Second video.
                                http://riveraveblues.com/2011/04/vid...stadium-46839/
                                Page Not Found
                                We're sorry, but the page you are looking for isn't here.

                                Try searching for the page you are looking for or using the navigation in the header or


                                Solly Cholly!
                                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

                                NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

                                RYS: "No, I am your father..."

                                NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

                                RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X