Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Renovation (1974 - 1975)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I think the third image is reversed.
    Thanks, flipped it in post above.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SultanOfWhat View Post
      Thanks for the kind words.

Could you make these 1920x1200 or as close as possible to keep them proportional? Would love to make these images future desktops.

Comment

• Dear Sultan of What,

First of all, I LOVE than name. It cracks me up!!!

The photos are great!!!!! Especially the interior shot of the Stadium. Thank you so much for posting them.

-Mike

-

Comment

Thanks, flipped it in post above.
          I don't get it - which picture was backwards? All text appears normal!
          RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Just out of curiousity, why would they have already filled the open window holes with that aluminum venting, which is already visibly bent and damaged (like in the photo of them demolishing the Gate 6 facade). Wouldn't they have saved that until the end?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
              I was wondering if the one w/ the frieze dismantling is backward, because I thought the press and camera boxes were on the 1st base line side (but they could have been mirrored on the other). Something about it just doesn't look right.... though when I flip the photo it doesn't look right either... maybe the light?

Comment

• No it's right, look at the way the wall and warning track curves, that's definately left field.

Originally posted by giantsean View Post
                I was wondering if the one w/ the frieze dismantling is backward, because I thought the press and camera boxes were on the 1st base line side (but they could have been mirrored on the other). Something about it just doesn't look right.... though when I flip the photo it doesn't look right either... maybe the light?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                  When I made the initial post, the third pic was flipped (actually, that's how it was published). Gary D noticed the error, so I went back and edited the post, replacing the incorrectly flipped image with a proper one.
                  sigpic

Comment

When I made the initial post, the third pic was flipped (actually, that's how it was published). Gary D noticed the error, so I went back and edited the post, replacing the incorrectly flipped image with a proper one.
                    Yeah, I probably missed the flip because I didn't look at those photos until well after you made the correction. LOL.

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• I noticed that the "parapet" - the decorative device atop the *upper*-upper concourse contained a vertical element that would have all but hidden the cables from public view -except maybe from aboard a #4 train or from the apartments across the tracks from OYS. Was that intentional - to hide the fact that cables helped keep the cantilevered deck up?

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                        Could you make these 1920x1200 or as close as possible to keep them proportional? Would love to make these images future desktops.
                        Sorry, I deleted the huge scan images, as they were book scans, and I felt that the 1600s pretty much gave the details. I will try to re-scan at some point. The images are in their original aspect ratios.
                        sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• I don't remember reading it here, but do we know the fate of the eagle medallions they removed from Gate 2, 4, and 6? From pictures, it looks everyone was kept intact upon removal, but I don't believe I have seen any record or anything pertaining to those medallions.
                            Last edited by quagmire; 06-18-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quagmire View Post
                              I don't remember reading it here, but do we know the fate of the eagle medallions they removed from Gate 2, 4, and 6? From pictures, it looks everyone was kept intact upon removal, but I don't believe I have seen any record or anything pertaining to those medallions.
                              They were probably destroyed.

Brad
                              "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth." - Lou Gehrig, Yankee Stadium, July 4, 1939

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwsl8YtxqQ
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestadiumguy/

Comment

• Originally posted by the stadium guy View Post
                                They were probably destroyed.

Brad
                                Sadly I suspect that. Would have been awesome if they saved them. They could put set them up where they once were around Heritage Field.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X