Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Renovation (1974 - 1975)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
    how did you get it so fast? I never realized the newspaper came out this early.
    The "Night Owl" edition of the Sunday Daily News goes on sale Saturday night.
    X

Comment

• A late comer...

I know this threat is a bit old......but I was at the last game before the renovation. We had plans to bring tools and try to "borrow" some stuff. The papers had articles saying that folks would be arrested, which damped our plans. But, I was able to get a couple of pieces of a seat...having to break them to remove it. Also, a complete hot dog sign from one of the concession stands. We went onto the fireld after the game and I tore up some sod from the "hallowed" center field. I replanted it at home and grew it for a while, until it, saddly died!!

Some of the pic here were great....was anyone able to comple them into one site?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        The new issue of the New York Daily News' "The Stadium" magazine, with Reggie Jackson on the cover (included with copies of the Sun 4/27/08 paper), has a few pictures of the renovation:
        • There's a two-page spread showing Phil Rizzuto on the field with construction vehicles behind him;
        • a photo of the top of the old scoreboard (the part with the Yankee logo) being taken down;
        • a photo showing lights on the field, with the scoreboard and right field bleachers in the background;
        • a photo on the field, looking towards left field with the "topless" scoreboard in the background;
        • and an aerial view with the Gate 6 entry (right field) in the foreground, some of the seats in the upper deck still need to be installed.
        can you possibly scan the pictures or something and post them up here?

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue9441 View Post
          can you possibly scan the pictures or something and post them up here?
          Sorry, I don't have access to a Scanner, someone else will have to do the honors...
          X

Comment

• Originally posted by nymdan View Post
            Interesting. I was just clicking around StadiumPage and found this rendering of what Yankee Stadium was supposed to look like after renovation. It looks like it was supposed to have a level of boxes underneath the tier level... I wonder why that ended up not happening.
            That rendering can be found in the 72 yearbook.

Comment

• Interesting. When did the Yanks start to make their public plea for renovations?

Comment

• A

Removed...
                cgcoyne2
                Jonathan E's number 1 fan
                Last edited by cgcoyne2; 05-06-2008, 07:31 AM.
                Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                  Sorry to intrude guys but I got a plea. So I started a new thread.

http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=76809

Any help is greatly appreciated.
                  I know you're looking for help, but people will see your thread, don't worry - it's in this forum. Crossposting to multiple threads isn't a good idea.
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Rangers
                  New York Giants

Comment

• The "DOOR"

Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                    me too. how would you know it's the right door, though?

I went to the Friday night (5/2) Yankee - Mariner game and scouted out the ramps for the door. I checked all the ramps and only found 1 door right above the Loge section 27-29. The ramp is above the Loge section and right below the Upper Deck. I tried the door and the knob turned but the door didn't open. There was light coming out from underneath it but I didn't hear anything on the other side.Here's the door and the ramp leading to it.
                    Attached Files
                    cgcoyne2
                    Jonathan E's number 1 fan
                    Last edited by cgcoyne2; 05-09-2008, 08:39 AM.
                    Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• wait, what is that door lead to? i don't know

Comment

• Originally posted by jaycee View Post
                        wait, what is that door lead to? i don't know
                        According to one of the posters, it leads to the old catwalks that were how you got out to the third deck in the pre-1973 stadium. They were never removed just covered up and a level was built on top of it and thats how you get out to the third tier seating. Go back to post 187 and get an update.

Comment

• Anybody have (color) photos from right after renovation 1975-1980 ?? :crossfingers:
                          Ik heb een intense liefde voor de brouwers

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                            I went to the Friday night (5/2) Yankee - Mariner game and scouted out the ramps for the door. I checked all the ramps and only found 1 door right above the Loge section 27-29. The ramp is above the Loge section and right below the Upper Deck. I tried the door and the knob turned but the door didn't open. There was light coming out from underneath it but I didn't hear anything on the other side.Here's the door and the ramp leading to it.
                            Ah, the famous haunted upper deck catwalk. They should use this in the new "National Treasure" movie somehow.

Comment

• Here's the small daily news renovation pics.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• When did they add glass to the front of yankee stadium. I saw on seinfeld last night they didn't have glass and now they do, is that a new thing?
                                The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X