Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Renovation (1974 - 1975)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Guys,
    Thank you for your inputs about titles for my book. I have my name selected for it, but will keep it under wraps until I get with a publisher. I apologize for this action. In this age we live in today, I'd honestly be afraid of the title somehow being taken away.

I will first have to revise the Modernization of Yankee Stadium Plan since I have not heard about being granted permission for it. So I'm going to have to most likely drastically reduce it from the 38 pages, so as not to get sued. It's a big shame, as I know how important it is to the book. I hope to have it sent off to a publisher by mid-November. I hoped to do so by the end of October, but I guess that won't happen.

-Mike

Comment

• Dear YankeeStadium 1923,
      Thank you for the 1973 blueprint find. That's a goldmine!!! ONe reason my book took so long besides trying to get permission to use photos and documents is that new things keep popping up on ebay and elsewhere. You could collect documents and information for 50 years and still not write the book. But, you have to draw the line somewhere.

-Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
        Hey Mike,
        Just wanted to ask you or anyone else if they remember a plaque that was mounted to the front of Yankee Stadium behind the escalator towers that read "Yankee Stadium Modernization." This plaque would now be located within the new Yankee Store at the base of the escalator towers at the front of Yankee Stadium.
        I toured the Stadium last Friday and looked for the plaque, however there was a security guard near that area becuase there are glass doors that allow you into the Stadium along with new walls that serves as the interior of the Yankee Store.
        I may have a photo from years ago and will check later tonight.
        I think I have a shot of that...somewhere. If/when I find it, I'll post it. But for now, here is how it was depicted in the blueprints:
        Attached Files

Comment

• Some more blueprints for sale. I like the truss one the best as you can see where the support column used to be:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Architectural-Dr...d=p3911.c0.m14

Attached Files

Comment

• 1973-1974

Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
            Some more blueprints for sale. I like the truss one the best as you can see where the support column used to be:

Thanks for posting the blueprints of Old Yankee Stadium Renovation 1973-1975.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manhattan View Post
              Thank You Manhattan for thanking Sparky.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Manhattan View Post
                Manhattan...

Are you the real Brick Tamland?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Wagner View Post
                  Dear YankeeStadium 1923,
                  Thank you for the 1973 blueprint find. That's a goldmine!!! ONe reason my book took so long besides trying to get permission to use photos and documents is that new things keep popping up on ebay and elsewhere. You could collect documents and information for 50 years and still not write the book. But, you have to draw the line somewhere.

-Mike
                  Your welcome....Did you do the final draft complete with all the photos you planned on using in the book?
                  Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderico View Post
                    I think I have a shot of that...somewhere. If/when I find it, I'll post it. But for now, here is how it was depicted in the blueprints:
                    I checked my photos and negatives throughout the years with no luck.
                    I just have to check through my box of slides.
                    I could have sworn I photographed the plaque.

Thanks for posting the blueprint.
                    Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• The FieldS of Old Yankee Stadium.

Alright. Enough of the renovations to the grandstands, how about what happened to the FIELD during the 1970s?
                      Attached Files
                      RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Dear Guys,
                        Thank you for your usual, wonderful posts. I have nearly completed my 3rd and final draft. I found a short section where I'll combine the information into
                        one section, as I repeated some items as separate sections.

Also, I am waiting for permission to use the Modernization Plan in my book. I called the person today and she'll get back to me shortly, or so it sounded.
                        If I can use it, great! If not, I'll have to downsize the 38 or so pages I wrote and that will take a couple of days.

My plan and hope is to get it to a publisher by mid-November or earlier. I'm going to work on the finishing touches this weekend, and as I have said, the Modernization plan outcome will determine a lot of what happens.

-Mike

Comment

• Wow. Awesome pics guys. I'm not even a Yankees fan and I'm loving these.

Comment

• Very impressive information. When did Praeger - Kavanaugh - Waterbury become a division of Madigan Praeger? I notice some plans note that.

Comment

• Dear Mary Ellen,
                              I don't know when. I'll see if I can find that info.

-Mike Wagner

Comment

• Anyone know of a PBS special in the 70's about the renovation?

Please check out this article on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-BLUEPRI...d=p3286.c0.m14
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X