Seals Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seals Stadium

This thread will cover old Seals Stadium in San Francisco. here is a nice photo of seals stadium.
    Attached Files
    LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

1958 Giants Yearbook

Here is the cover of the 1958 san francisco giants yearbook that as sold at seals stadium.
    Attached Files

Comment

1959 Seals Stadium

Here is a demolition photo taken in late 1959 showing seals stadium coming down. you can also see the Hamm's beer sign outside of the stadium. this photo has also been posted in the beer and ballparks thread.
      Attached Files

Comment

Seals Stadium

Here is a airview of seals stadium.
        Attached Files

Comment

Seals Stadium Diagram

Here is a seals stadium diagram
          Attached Files

Comment

Seals Stadium

Here is a postcard of seals stadium.
            Attached Files

Comment

Today there is a Safeway at Seals stadium. I've been to SF dozens of times and seen Giants games at AT&T and 49ers games at Candlestick but have never ventured over to where Seals Stadium was. Would it be worth heading over to Safeway / is there anything that says "here stood Seals Stadium"?

Comment

Seals Stadium Photos?

No replies to my request yesterday. Doesn't anyone have a photo of Seals Stadium with the Hamms Beer Brewery pictured, showing the neon beer mug that would slowly fill to the top then drain to the bottom? A S.F. landmark (better the the G.G. Bridge) for years, gone now; but, the bridge is still there. If there's any photos already posted somewhere here in this forum, let me know where, please.
                as i tell my one year old grandson, hit to right and crawl for two.

Comment

Originally posted by say-hey teramiabullfrog View Post
                  No replies to my request yesterday. Doesn't anyone have a photo of Seals Stadium with the Hamms Beer Brewery pictured, showing the neon beer mug that would slowly fill to the top then drain to the bottom? A S.F. landmark (better the the G.G. Bridge) for years, gone now; but, the bridge is still there. If there's any photos already posted somewhere here in this forum, let me know where, please.
                  as i tell my one year old grandson, hit to right and crawl for two.
                  Is that it behind home plate?
                  Last edited by Lpeters199; 06-14-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

No quite what you were looking for, but a couple of interesting shots:

Mays, F. Alou 1959

Scoreboard shot, Sam Jones 2 hitter

Last edited by alpineinc; 01-22-2012, 10:51 PM.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball. Now over 2000 followers!
                    https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

a big thank-you

I really appreciate the Seals Stadium/Hamms Brewery photos provided by Alpineinc & Lpeters (great additional pics of the Say-Hey Kid and Felipe Alou, plus the pic of the Seals Stadium scoreboard after the Sam Jones two hitter (great walk down memory lane; especially, since I was at that two hitter). Actually, during the 48' & 49' season Seals Stadium served as the equivalent of what we today call a Day-Care-Center - my mom worked as an usherette and would sneak me under the turn-style and I would have the run-of-the-yard while she worked. It instilled a life-long love and devotion to the game and to the awe and ambiance of the yard (any baseball game and any yard, is better than just about anything else - in the video game of life I've reached the highest level: last week I took my one year old grandson to the Giants yard for a game and this Thursday I'm going with my thirty-something son (and we'll have our glove, just in case that elusive foul ball heads our way).
                      Thanks again for the photos and the trip back down Seals memory lane.

hit to right and take two, better yet hit it out and go back and sit down

Comment

One more Hamm's photo.

Willie, Seals Stadium and the brewery.
                        Last edited by Lpeters199; 06-14-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Seals Stadium

Early stages of construction.
                          Last edited by Lpeters199; 06-14-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

How many years did the giants play at seals until candlestick was opened? I always forget.
                            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                              How many years did the giants play at seals until candlestick was opened? I always forget.
                              The Giants played at Seals from 1958 thru the 1958 season. Candlestick opened in 1960.
                              It is 9:46 p.m.

Vin Scully with the call: Two and 2 to Harvey Kuenn, one strike away. Sandy into his windup, here's the pitch.....

Swung on and missed, a perfect game!!

check out my personal ballpark photography site
                              www.ballparks.phanfare.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X