Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work on landscaping/sidewalks/etc

Comment

• FINALLY! ... A part of Citi Field that acknowledges the METS franchise ... It's a good start!

Nice Pics!!

Comment

• Great shots Dan...

Yea, those gates look great...

Oh man...oh man...I cant believe were really almost playing in this place....these last 5 1/2 months are gonna be freaking painful....

Comment

• Dan, Thank you for this wonderful pics.
          I love the gates with the interlocking NY.
          Dan does it seem the mets are going to do a uniform change?
          I noticed from the banner on the mets website and my citi field hat a darker blue color for the mets.
          Do you think the mets would change their uniform color to a darker blue for the 09 season?
          Great pics i though you were going to go inside with that big open door in LCF.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by peterrod16 View Post
            Do you think the mets would change their uniform color to a darker blue for the 09 season?
            I think you're reading too much into it. No.

Comment

• Nice pictures, especially of the gates

Comment

• Originally posted by NunuMet View Post

FINALLY! ... A part of Citi Field that acknowledges the METS franchise ... It's a good start!

Nice Pics!!
                exactly what i was thinking lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 80SHOCK View Post
                  I haven't seen a patch or logo with the park on it. That's why I said it's likely the CitiField logo because that's all the Mets have shown.
                  Impossible, won't happen...MLB won't allow a corporate logo. It will definitely be something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by nymdan View Post
                    I think you're reading too much into it. No.
                    Actually ... someone who works for me is close, personal friends with an executive in the Mets front office (its real, he gets me great tickets all the time).

This executive gave him a bunch of Mets branded stuff. He gave me one of these items and I was thankful so I wanted to pay him for it. He said nope, he got it free. He said the Mets are getting rid of all that stuff because they are changing the logo around next year. I was like .

Then I remembered reading some poster months ago on I believe Mets.com that said he had inside info that the Mets were changing the Skyline in the Mets logo to include the Citibank building and that there was going to be an off white home uniform .. similar to the SF Giants .... everyone kinda dismissed him.

Now knowing the legit connection my employee has, maybe it is true .. I could see the Mets going to the creme uniforms ... If you watched the closing ceremony it seems the uniforms used to be that color .... As far as the logo .. I have no idea ... The Citibank building thing seems plausible. My employee had no information as to what the change is .... he is a casual fan and didn't even think to ask ... I guess if its true we'll find out soon enough ...

Comment

• Originally posted by NunuMet View Post
                      Actually ... someone who works for me is close, personal friends with an executive in the Mets front office (its real, he gets me great tickets all the time).

This executive gave him a bunch of Mets branded stuff. He gave me one of these items and I was thankful so I wanted to pay him for it. He said nope, he got it free. He said the Mets are getting rid of all that stuff because they are changing the logo around next year. I was like .

Then I remembered reading some poster months ago on I believe Mets.com that said he had inside info that the Mets were changing the Skyline in the Mets logo to include the Citibank building and that there was going to be an off white home uniform .. similar to the SF Giants .... everyone kinda dismissed him.

Now knowing the legit connection my employee has, maybe it is true .. I could see the Mets going to the creme uniforms ... If you watched the closing ceremony it seems the uniforms used to be that color .... As far as the logo .. I have no idea ... The Citibank building thing seems plausible. My employee had no information as to what the change is .... he is a casual fan and didn't even think to ask ... I guess if its true we'll find out soon enough ...
                      Whether or not that's the case (and I hope it's not, because I hate the color of the Giants uniforms. I could live with it if it's an alternate home jersey, but it better not be the only one), they're definitely not changing their team colors.

And besides, I have the 2007 and 2008 yearbooks and media guides right near me, and they're the same shade of dark blue.

Comment

Whether or not that's the case (and I hope it's not, because I hate the color of the Giants uniforms. I could live with it if it's an alternate home jersey, but it better not be the only one), they're definitely not changing their team colors.

And besides, I have the 2007 and 2008 yearbooks and media guides right near me, and they're the same shade of dark blue.
                        Agreed ... Its still gonna be blue and orange .... They have fiddled with the shade of blue over the years though ... Hopefully they are gonna kill the black.

Comment

• It's been said already, but one more won't hurt...the iron gates with the logo above them are an enormous touch of class. Very nice. Light fixtures, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                            It's been said already, but one more won't hurt...the iron gates with the logo above them are an enormous touch of class. Very nice. Light fixtures, too.
                            I agree, nice details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                              It's been said already, but one more won't hurt...the iron gates with the logo above them are an enormous touch of class. Very nice. Light fixtures, too.
                              ...And when that Iron Triangle is torn down, and replaced with bars and restaurants, you'll be able to have a nosh before the game, and stroll right into the stadium...
                              First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

I vote for deep sixing the gang banging black jerseys and hats, and going with with the cream color for an alternate uniform.
                                First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X