Citi Field Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nymdan View Post
    Speaking of which, did you see the restrooms? If so, are they nice and spacious?
    2 pics of them in the lot.

One from the outside, one from the inside...

They look decent enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saltzy23 View Post
      2 pics of them in the lot.

One from the outside, one from the inside...

They look decent enough.
      Where is this one, the club level?

Man, they better put dividers between those urinals... they stick out from the wall so much

Comment

• By the way, a few quick nuggets of info about the St. John's game before I head out to take pictures...

A friend of mine just got a job as a bartender at Citi, and they mentioned the game to him, so that means it has been confirmed by the Mets. Now, they want him to work that day, so that could mean one of two things: They're going to let in more than 5,000 people (because if the crowd was just limited to a few sections in the field level, it wouldn't make sense for the clubs to be open), or maybe they're just testing out the restaurants by inviting a select few during the game.

On a positive note for me, the same friend is a St. John's alum, so hopefully I'll be able to get tickets.

Comment

Where is this one, the club level?

Man, they better put dividers between those urinals... they stick out from the wall so much
          Those are some freaky weird urnials. They look like tubes sticking out from the walls.
          "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Comment

• This is where you and I will be pissing out $8 beers...

Promenade bathroom.

It seemed MAD small, but it seems there are a lot of them as well. There had BETTER be enough...

Comment

By the way, a few quick nuggets of info about the St. John's game before I head out to take pictures...

A friend of mine just got a job as a bartender at Citi, and they mentioned the game to him, so that means it has been confirmed by the Mets. Now, they want him to work that day, so that could mean one of two things: They're going to let in more than 5,000 people (because if the crowd was just limited to a few sections in the field level, it wouldn't make sense for the clubs to be open), or maybe they're just testing out the restaurants by inviting a select few during the game.

On a positive note for me, the same friend is a St. John's alum, so hopefully I'll be able to get tickets.
              Does anyone know if tickets will be open to the public? Me and a few friends are planning to go (if they open it up to the public). If not I have a few strings I could pull but I don't really want to go that far.

Comment

• Originally posted by metsforever7515 View Post
                Those are some freaky weird urnials. They look like tubes sticking out from the walls.
                They might be the new waterless (or low-water) type... all about the environment, y'know.

Saltzy's pictures really were an eye-opener. I find it amazing that they built it (or at least continued and finished it) with so many obstructed views. I would not have expected that from a HOK design. I know it's easy to blame ownership, but I really don't think the Wilpons sat around and asked for or designed a place with those obstructions on purpose. I expect that when you hire an outfit like HOK to design a place like this, you expect they are expert enough to minimize these sorts of things. I wonder how ownership feels now that they see the reality of what they bought.

But, as someone else posted, I expect a lot of the problems that ticket holders encounter in April and May 2009 will be gone in a year or so. The wind bothers me though. Shea had wind problems too (remember the tarps on the upper levels at Jets games?) and with the open concourses this seems wide-open to similar issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg B. View Post
                  They might be the new waterless (or low-water) type... all about the environment, y'know.

Saltzy's pictures really were an eye-opener. I find it amazing that they built it (or at least continued and finished it) with so many obstructed views. I would not have expected that from a HOK design. I know it's easy to blame ownership, but I really don't think the Wilpons sat around and asked for or designed a place with those obstructions on purpose. I expect that when you hire an outfit like HOK to design a place like this, you expect they are expert enough to minimize these sorts of things. I wonder how ownership feels now that they see the reality of what they bought.

But, as someone else posted, I expect a lot of the problems that ticket holders encounter in April and May 2009 will be gone in a year or so. The wind bothers me though. Shea had wind problems too (remember the tarps on the upper levels at Jets games?) and with the open concourses this seems wide-open to similar issues.
                  They are waterless toilets, this is from a while back.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnered=rss_nym

As for the obstructions, I realize people are upset about it, and rightfully so, but I think some obstructed seats are pretty much inevitable in a build of this magnitude. Have any of the latest stadiums not had any obstructed seats? I can't think of any myself. Obviously the Wilpons didn't plan on that happening, but haven't the Mets made sure to label them obstructed seats and to move any paying customer who was supposed to sit there if they so chose? That's pretty much all you can do. At least there aren't any major design flaws like the NYS CF resturaunt where full sections of the crowd can't see 30% of the field, and their so-called solution is to put up a couple televisions (If I want to watch a game on TV, I'd do so at Home).
                  Last edited by AdropOFvenom; 02-14-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• I don't know if the obstructions are really HOK's fault. An example is the stairwells: all of their other recent projects have portals to the upper deck, (NYS, Nationals, Twins, etc), so someone from the team had to have made a conscience decision to have exposed stairs instead. The architects just listened to their clients.

So, if the choice was yours, would you pick stairs in front, and their inherent obstructions; or portals, with inherently less seats?
                    (Of course, if the seats are THAT bad, they might as well not be there anyways)
                    There's no use being pessimistic, it won't work anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by njmeadowlanders View Post
                      Can't get The Office theme out of my head now!
                      NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                      Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                      Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveJRogers View Post
                        Can't get The Office theme out of my head now!
                        Hahahaha

Starring: Fred Wilpon as Michael Scott

Featuring: Jeff Wilpon as Dwight Schrute

Comment

• Originally posted by Dodgeboy View Post

So, if the choice was yours, would you pick stairs in front, and their inherent obstructions; or portals, with inherently less seats?
                          I don't understand the logic of this argument. What, they couldn't have designed one extra row in the upper deck to offset the seats lost with a traditional tunnel design? One extra row would more than make up for the seats taken out for a tunnel. These staircase/ribbon board issues with hundreds upon hundreds of obstructed views is absurd in a 21st century stadium. Shame on the engineers/designers. Shame, shame, shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                            Please tell me you're joking. If you want to get into the nitty-gritty about all that was wrong with Shea, we can. A couple of things off the top of my head:
                            - if you had seats in row 1 or 2 of the reserved sections, your view was obstructed by people walking by
                            - if you had seats on the further back part field level, your view was obstructed by people walking by
                            - if you had seats in the box areas, the aisles were way to narrow - especially in the loge, mezz, and upper deck where it was easy to fall if someone was trying to walk by you
                            - the seats in the outer field boxes were not angled correctly, so, by the end of the game, your neck was killing you
                            - personal experience: the seats in the mezz boxes were too close to the row in front of you - leg room was a bitch

on, and on, and on.....
                            Then end sections in the UD couldn't see the foul pole in your corner and a good part of the outfield wall.

The 1st time I saw Endys 2006 NLCS catch was when I got home and saw the replay...even though I was at the game and in my seat. Even standing up I couldn't see it. My angle was such to the diamondvision that I couldent even quite make it out on that.

Comment

• I think they should have eliminated the landing on the top of the Promonade stairs, run the stairs another 6 feet down and then put the landing in. You would wind up with a L or C shape staircase that would be below the sight line of the field. It would probably eliminate the need for the glass too!:lightbulb:

Comment

• By the way, which one of you guys will be the first to capture this angle with Citi once Shea is finally 100% no more? (Though you will have to take a few steps more to the right of course).

I would've loved to have had a chance to get out there sometime between January and April, but it just isn't/wasn't in the cards.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X