Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citi Field Construction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What, like cocaine doesn't enhance?[/QUOTE]

    This is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard!
    Steriods and HGH are performance enhancers. Cocaine just destroys lives.
    Doc and Darryl would be in HOF now if it wasn't for substance abuse.
    Anybody that thinks these drugs are the same thing is a complete moron and should run for congress.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rob R View Post
      I'm in total agreement with you. I was just having fun in response to yet another Yankee hater. Seems that the Mets and Sox fans have at least one thing in common - an obsessive hatred for the Yanks and far too often a greater concern for what the Yanks are doing than their own team.

      But as you stated, every clubhouse have their own skeletons. That said, the Mitchell "investigation" was New York-centric and unfair to both the Yanks and Mets in that it mainly focused on players from those teams while other teams, who I'm sure have their fair share of roid users - like Mitchell's Sox (can we say conflict of interest?) walk away relatively untouched.
      I knew what you ment, and I agree about the Yankee haters too. There is some Yankee fans where that goes the other way too. The Mitchell report drives me nuts with the New York thing, Like there is only two trainers in baseball. You know there has to be other trainers in baseball that did the same thing. So the player mentioned in the report get all the heat while there is plenty of other possible players just as guilty get off. But I don't want yet another thread that talks about this topic, I think we are all sick of talking and hearing about it. Let's keep talking about the New park and the Mets.

      One thing the Mets could do with the Home run apple is have a mets museum like what the Yanks are going to have and alot of other teams have at their parks. It's probally too big to go inside but they could have it outside the gate that the museum is in like a marker for it and a metting place. They could put a bunch of met memorabillia in it and could balence the Dodgers stuff. Then they could figure out something new for when the Mets hit Home Runs, start a new tradition for a New park.
      39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
      2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

      :bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jpi62 View Post
        What, like cocaine doesn't enhance?

        This is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard!
        Steriods and HGH are performance enhancers. Cocaine just destroys lives.
        Doc and Darryl would be in HOF now if it wasn't for substance abuse.
        Anybody that thinks these drugs are the same thing is a complete moron and should run for congress.
        Coke could be considered a performance enhancer, (a sort term on but still one)Like the reason ballplayers took speed in the 60's and why baseball players and Dock workers took it in the 19th century when it was leagle. It gives you energy so you can play faster and work longer. When you get addicted to it it destroys you body and life mentally and physically, and Steriods do the same thing when you abuse them they destroy your body and your mind, that's why they are illeagle and wrong. There isn't that much different from Steroid abuse and other drug abuse just useally the only high a steroid user is after is the high they get from pride.
        39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
        2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

        :bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jpi62 View Post
          This is one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard!
          Steriods and HGH are performance enhancers. Cocaine just destroys lives.
          Doc and Darryl would be in HOF now if it wasn't for substance abuse.
          Anybody that thinks these drugs are the same thing is a complete moron and should run for congress.
          Ummm, perhaps you should do a little more research and sharpen your reading comprehension skills before you call anyone's comments "idiotic."

          Yes, cocaine destroys lives...................as can steroids and HSH. Your point?

          Cocaine also is known to make the weakest of persons feel like superman. It also is an "upper" or amphetamine, that will give you a boost, however short or long that boost might be.

          So let's say that certain the players were partying the night before or were lacking sleep for whatever reason. Those who use cocaine would get a temporary boost, thereby giving them an advantage over the tired player, not to mention the aforementioned "Superman effect" it is known to have while in the system.

          This is not condoning the use of any drugs, because as you said, they destroy. But let's not act like the Yankees were the only team with players taking any kind of substance and "humorously" put an asterisk next to their dynasty championships of the late nineties, when your own '86 team was full of druggies. The same could probably be said for the other 28 teams, so let's not throw stones in your own glass houses.

          Comment


          • Sharpen your own reading comp skills. Did you notice I didn't have a problem with your first point!
            If you can prove to me that Doc and Darryl used cocaine as a performance enhancer then you win!
            We all know Andy and Roger used HGH to cheat.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
              I knew what you ment, and I agree about the Yankee haters too. There is some Yankee fans where that goes the other way too. The Mitchell report drives me nuts with the New York thing, Like there is only two trainers in baseball. You know there has to be other trainers in baseball that did the same thing. So the player mentioned in the report get all the heat while there is plenty of other possible players just as guilty get off. But I don't want yet another thread that talks about this topic, I think we are all sick of talking and hearing about it. Let's keep talking about the New park and the Mets.

              One thing the Mets could do with the Home run apple is have a mets museum like what the Yanks are going to have and alot of other teams have at their parks. It's probally too big to go inside but they could have it outside the gate that the museum is in like a marker for it and a metting place. They could put a bunch of met memorabillia in it and could balence the Dodgers stuff. Then they could figure out something new for when the Mets hit Home Runs, start a new tradition for a New park.
              Yep, we are on the same page.

              I think that the Mets do need an identity and I'm not sure that Jackie Robinson should be that person, as great of an impact that he had on the game.

              Aside from the homerun apple (personally I think it's ridiculous and tacky, but that's just me) I think that they should pay tribute to HOF players like Tom Seaver. Even Willie Mays has more of a connection to the Mets than Robinson. Heck, even Ed Kranepool.

              It's all about identity and tradition, something that teams like the Yanks and Sox have and the Mets don't. The Met's organization can take a fair share of the blame for this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jpi62 View Post
                Sharpen your own reading comp skills. Did you notice I didn't have a problem with your first point!
                If you can prove to me that Doc and Darryl used cocaine as a performance enhancer then you win!
                We all know Andy and Roger used HGH to cheat.
                Prove that Doc, Keith and Darryl used coke? You're joking, right?

                I can probably more easily prove that better than you can prove Clemens took steroids and/or HGH and we all know he did.

                Why so defensive? I'm not arguing with you. In fact I'm in agreement with you, other than the fact that you're wearing blinders when it comes to your and other teams. It's not only about the Yankees.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jpi62 View Post
                  Did you notice I didn't have a problem with your first point!
                  By the way, as a side note, I rooted for those 86 Mets over the Sox. Bigtime.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jpi62 View Post
                    We all know Andy and Roger used HGH to cheat.
                    If we are going to be technical, Andy did not use HGH as performance enhancer. Rather, he used it a couple of time to promote healing from an injury and not while he was pitching.

                    I think it's safe to say that Andy was telling the truth under oath. The same probably cannot be said about Clemens.

                    Sorry for so many posts. I tried editing my first post but it didn't take.

                    Comment


                    • Who cares!! Like I said before there isn't a team that is totally innocent, and we don't know who took what when for what ever reason. Can we have a thread where PHD don't totally take over the conersation! I am sick of it, lets talk about the New stadium or anything that dosen't have to do with steroids!







                      One last thing though, I know the Yankees had Andy and Rodger on their team , but they also has David Wells. Who played hung over and was fat, I think Chilly dogs and beer can be considered proformance de-enhancers but they didn't seem to effect Boomer that much!
                      39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                      2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

                      :bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15 16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

                      Comment


                      • take this argument to a separate thread, let alone forum. this is for talking about citifield, not whether one person cheated or the other is a drug addict.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rob R View Post
                          Prove that Doc, Keith and Darryl used coke? You're joking, right?

                          I can probably more easily prove that better than you can prove Clemens took steroids and/or HGH and we all know he did.

                          Why so defensive? I'm not arguing with you. In fact I'm in agreement with you, other than the fact that you're wearing blinders when it comes to your and other teams. It's not only about the Yankees.
                          Doc and Darryl were addicted to drugs and alcohol. Did they use them to improve their performance or as a way to handle the pressure, That's what I asked. I just think there is a big difference between addictive drugs and Steroids.
                          I was just busting the chops of the guy who posted the Bill Buckner comments. He got the joke!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jpi62 View Post
                            Doc and Darryl were addicted to drugs and alcohol. Did they use them to improve their performance or as a way to handle the pressure, That's what I asked. I just think there is a big difference between addictive drugs and Steroids.
                            I was just busting the chops of the guy who posted the Bill Buckner comments. He got the joke!
                            This does not belong here this thread about CITI FIELD:grouchy

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post
                              having that old piece of crap in a brand spanking new park will look retarted.
                              I don't think there's anything to worry about, Delgado's in the last year of his contract.

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X