Citi Field Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citi Field Construction

TJH1923 mentioned that nobody has been posting Citi Field construction pictures here, so I figured I'd start a thread and put some up. I'll keep updating as time goes on.

If you're interested in earlier pictures, I have a few up at http://community.webshots.com/user/citi_field/ and http://mets.forumup.us/viewtopic.php...us&mforum=mets

4/22/07
    Last edited by nymdan; 06-07-2007, 02:18 PM.

Good shots. It's great that Citi is so close to Shea so you can get great pictures (assuming you took them).

Do they plan on imploding Shea? It seems too close to Shea.

Comment

I did take them.

Shea will be demolished by wrecking ball, not implosion, which is against the law in NYC.

Comment

honestly, I'm a big Yankee fan, but all I gotta say about CitiField is at least it's gonna look nice and look like a normal baseball stadium. Shea looks so ugly. I always thought it was the ugliest stadium I ever saw.

Comment

Even though I am a Yankee Fan, I look forward to seeing the progress of the construction of Citi Field. I was always interested in the construction photos of the original Yankee Stadium and the renovation photos from '73 to'76.

Comment

Originally posted by mwb View Post

Do they plan on imploding Shea? It seems too close to Shea.
            Implosion would be no problem. Three Rivers Stadium, in Pittsburgh, was imploded less than 60 feet away from Heinz Field.

Last edited by Elvis; 05-03-2007, 11:01 AM.

Comment

What's going to be just as intersting as the construction of citifield and demolition of shea is how they kick out an entire neighborhood of junkyards and businesses that have been there forever and replace them with hotels and a new neighborhood they plan on putting in. By the time that's done citifield may be outdated.

That area goes from Northern Blvd down to Roosevelt and out to Flushing Bay which is basically a mess of chemicals and pollution. Citifield seems like the smallest of the projects by comparison to that.

The mets don't what those junkyards near the new ballpark.

Comment

5/6/07

Some sort of wires... I guess they need to start the electrical work before everything is enclosed

More wires under the concrete for the stands

Comment

I'm pretty sure that arch is this...

Comment

5/13/07

Starting to build up the second level

Concrete filled in on the first base side of the concourse level

Steel in place for two levels of seating behind home plate

Comment

Comment

That's a pretty high pitcher's mound in your last photo.

Cool pictures.

Comment

5/18/07

Building up the second level, including beginning the framework for the second level of seats

More concrete filled in behind home plate

Last edited by nymdan; 05-18-2007, 09:10 PM.

Comment

5/29/07

Continuing to build the second deck

Lower left corner is what will be a ramp heading up to the concourse level

Comment

6/6/07

Second deck framework continues

Wet cement on the third base side of the concourse level

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X