Shea Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Allie Fox View Post
    If I remember correctly. The original idea in Atlanta was to simply put in the parking lot. There was a bit of public outcry over the fact that the place where Hank Aaron broke the homerun record would not be remembered. Only then was it decided to include the outline as it appears today.

I could be misremembering though.

Well, once this 'wake' is officially over, maybe all of us who cared about Shea Stadium should start making some noise about making her memorial a fitting one .... & not just some rush job of white paint splattered atop some new blacktop..............
    Last edited by RichieA13; 02-13-2009, 12:54 PM.
    ------------------------------------------
    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Allie Fox View Post
      I could be misremembering though.
      quote of the day
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...6078886&ref=ts
      follow me on twitter
      https://twitter.com/reemowilliams

Comment

• This coming directly from Marty Noble on Mets.com....

"The growing void will be complete well before we return from Florida duty in April. The ramps and all they led to will be replaced by a parking lot. The only lasting physical evidence of Shea will be markers telling future generations where the bases, the plate and the mound were. I would have liked them to mark where Endy and Agee made their catches, where Lenny's home run landed and where the Beatles twisted and shouted."

Comment

• Marty Noble (Mets.com):
          The only lasting physical evidence of Shea will be markers telling future generations where the bases, the plate and the mound were. I would have liked them to mark where Endy and Agee made their catches, where Lenny's home run landed and where the Beatles twisted and shouted.
          I will personally go to those two spots in the parking lot
          Follow me on Twitter
          http://twitter.com/bluenautica

Comment

• Originally posted by mck7283 View Post
            This coming directly from Marty Noble on Mets.com....

"The growing void will be complete well before we return from Florida duty in April. The ramps and all they led to will be replaced by a parking lot. The only lasting physical evidence of Shea will be markers telling future generations where the bases, the plate and the mound were. I would have liked them to mark where Endy and Agee made their catches, where Lenny's home run landed and where the Beatles twisted and shouted."
            Why don't we just rebuild Shea altogether then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
              Why don't we just rebuild Shea altogether then?
              That's what i've been saying all along!!! But instead i'm gonna have a brand new citi field with front row box seats that have obstructed views :hissyfit:

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                OK .... I'l play along. So, when they take that photo of the 55,000 volunteers, ... won't the guys in the back rows of the Loge have to pose with TWO guys on his shoulders ... the guy in the same section directly above him in the Mezzanine, as well as the guy above BOTH of them in the Upper Deck??!! The chances of this happening are less than zero. If we're LUCKY, they'll do something like Atlanta did. What'll probably happen will be they'll paint three bases, a home plate and probably a pitching rubber in/around the spots where they were formally located ..... period. That's what I'm expecting, anyway. The City doesn't have the money to spend on anything elaborate ... & you KNOW the Wilpons/Mets aren't going to pony up a cent to any sort of Shea memorial. Even in death, Shea Stadium will be treated like a step-child. Mark my words.

Thanks for the new pics, Big Man. She's almost out of her misery
                I KNEW somebody was going to say this, as soon as I posted this. That is small potatoes. The chart wont be exact, but compromises can be made. I agree that it is all probably moot. Looks like I'm going to have to break out the spray paint, and take matters into my own hands!

Comment

• I just got back from Shea, I was able to get some good video and pic's would you believe my battery died as the ramps were comming down. you will see in the last picture when it died. Video camera batteries died, both camera batteries died. Thats my kind of luck.
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...69166&ref=name

Comment

• Originally posted by BillDuff View Post
                    I just got back from Shea, I was able to get some good video and pic's would you believe my battery died as the ramps were comming down. you will see in the last picture when it died. Video camera batteries died, both camera batteries died. Thats my kind of luck.
                    Very nice pics!

I guess the ghosts of Shea had their way with your camera...

Comment

• Wow. That last picture of it just about to give way is actually way creepier and unique than a shot of the aftermath.

Comment

• Originally posted by citifaithful View Post
                        Wow. That last picture of it just about to give way is actually way creepier and unique than a shot of the aftermath.
                        Yea, thats a sick picture.

Comment

• I hope they don't forget that ladder up on the ramp!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
                            Very nice pics!

I guess the ghosts of Shea had their way with your camera...
                            did web give you those batteries
                            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...6078886&ref=ts
                            follow me on twitter
                            https://twitter.com/reemowilliams

Comment

• Are they doing demo on the weekend? If so it seems like tomorrow or sunday could be the last day

Comment

• And to think people were moaning and complaining that Shea would be up well inot April and beyond.

RELAX..

I can 100% promise you that the entire lot will be COMPLETELY ready to before opening day!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X