Victory Field [II]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory Field [II]

I couldn't find the "What is your favourite minor league park" thread so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the Indy Indians park, what a great field, the Chiefs were playing their a while ago and I saw some pitctures, what a fantastic view this is...
    Attached Files

I always think it is funny that it has the name of a major league team that it is not affilated too!
    LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

Its a very cool place. The outfield view will be changing over the next couple of years as the RCA Dome will no longer be home to the Colts. My high school team won state here a couple of years ago.
      www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Originally posted by skobabe8 View Post
        Its a very cool place. The outfield view will be changing over the next couple of years as the RCA Dome will no longer be home to the Colts. My high school team won state here a couple of years ago.

Great ballpark..... been there many times as I live about 30 miles north.

But, the RCA dome will REMAIN. It is part of the Convention Center, which has hosted many huge conventions.... think National Scale, etc.

The Colts new facility is being built within walking distance from the ballpark (and the RCA Dome)... just to the south east. A long foul ball off to the first base side if you will.

This may be the ballparks best feature... NO bleachers, but rather a nice little hill where lots of families sit and enjoy the game. Tix are $5 iirc, and you can bring your own coolers, drinks, food etc.

I have a 11, 8 and 2 year old, and allowing the 2 year old to sit, wander around a few feet or so, roll on the hill, etc. is a BIG deal. He can't sit in a seat very well for 3 hours, but loves the hill.

I caught a HR ball in the first ever game we took him to a few years ago.

The club also has a "Knothole Gang" for local kids..... for just $15 you get in free (gen admission or lawn) to EVERY SINGLE GAME for the entire season, and you get a T-Shirt. If you wear your T-Shirt to a Sunday game, you get to run the bases after the ballgame is over.

$15 -- basically a season ticket for a kid.

GOT to love Minor League baseball.
        Last edited by StanTheMan; 05-19-2007, 07:36 AM.
        "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Nice Skyline shot...

Another nice feature is that foul territory is reativley small, so the seats feel right on top of the field. The company I work for has seats about 5 or 5 to the left of where this photo is taken from. Bill Hall, now with the Brewers, tossed us a ball after the third out on inning.... which the kids promptly wrote all over, including his name spelled backwards for some reason!

"Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
            Great ballpark..... been there many times as I live about 30 miles north.

But, the RCA dome will REMAIN. It is part of the Convention Center, which has hosted many huge conventions.... think National Scale, etc.

The Colts new facility is being built within walking distance from the ballpark (and the RCA Dome)... just to the south east. A long foul ball off to the first base side if you will.
            I have tried to follow the construction of Lucas Oil Stadium and have read some things hinting at the possible destruction of the RCA Dome, and also seen renderings of Lucas Oil without the dome standing across the street. I havent been sure of its fate.

Comment

The two (the RCA Dome and Lucas Oil Stadium) are very close. When I said a long foul ball away.... well it is just a bit farther than that. Maybe 200 yards?

Basically, LOS is being built on a former parking lot for the RCA Dome.

Comment

Just from the looks of them.

The ball parks in Chattanooga and Memphis look like they'd be excellent places to see a game.

I stayed in a hotel that overlooked the Memphis park, and Chattanooga's just looks terrific.

Comment

I have ben to many games here. Both in the stands and in the suites. It is a fantastic place to see a game. the outfield is a family place where you can bring your own food and coolers.

at some point you past a guard and that area there is no outside food.

The bullpens are right long the 1st and 3rd baselines so you can sit in the outfield seats with pitchers RIGHT in front of you on the bench.

I'll post pics niext time i go....but you have to see this park!!!

PS The RCA Dome will be torn down and replaced with the Convention Center Extension. While the Dome is big, the 60K+ seats takes up too much valuable Floor space for conventions.
                  Always collecting Yankees...
                  Especially: Jeter, Posada, Munson, Melky Cabrera, Mattingly

Check out:
                  Waiting For The Mail Man: Our TTM Site
                  My Baseball Card Site

Good Traders : Dalkowski110, dmbfan, Freakazoid1014, actually I have had too many good trades to list everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by bryanspellman View Post
                    I have ben to many games here. Both in the stands and in the suites. It is a fantastic place to see a game. the outfield is a family place where you can bring your own food and coolers.

at some point you past a guard and that area there is no outside food.

The bullpens are right long the 1st and 3rd baselines so you can sit in the outfield seats with pitchers RIGHT in front of you on the bench.

I'll post pics niext time i go....but you have to see this park!!!

PS The RCA Dome will be torn down and replaced with the Convention Center Extension. While the Dome is big, the 60K+ seats takes up too much valuable Floor space for conventions.
                    Thats what I remember hearing too, but I wasnt sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanspellman View Post

I sit corrected!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X