3Com Park / Candlestick Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Com Park / Candlestick Park

Here is a pic of The Stick in the 1960s.

Last edited by milladrive; 04-17-2012, 03:27 PM.

Hi Can Anybody post some pics of Candlestick Park the way it looked in the 1960s? Color and or Black&White C60
    Last edited by milladrive; 04-17-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Here's one I found on Corbis.com
      Candlesitck.jpg

Comment

Gee, looked like a baseball stadium then didn't it.

Comment

Here's two more I found.

And, wow... it's called Monster Park now? I had no idea, I guess since the Jets haven't played there recently so I haven't watched any games that have taken place there within the past few years. Gotta love corporate sponsors.

Comment

From Candlestick Park to 3Com Park & now its Monster Park. Money definately talks in pro sport doesn't it.

Comment

Thanks for the pics guys It certianly did look like a Baseball stadium then once they inclosed it it looked like a cookie-cutter park:radio C60 PS keep them comming

Comment

For "live" shots of Candlestick Park see the film "Experiment in Terror", which was released in 1962. It has been on TCM in the past year and may be available on video.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome Colonel View Post
                  For "live" shots of Candlestick Park see the film "Experiment in Terror", which was released in 1962. It has been on TCM in the past year and may be available on video.
                  Hey Rome Thats one movie ive never seen or heard of thanks for the heads up buddy.C60:radio

Comment

Didnt they film the Donna reed show episode at candlestick when they went to San Francisco and saw Willie Mays

Comment

Originally posted by HoldenV8 View Post
                      From Candlestick Park to 3Com Park & now its Monster Park. Money definately talks in pro sport doesn't it.
                      It will go back to Candlestick Park: voters in San Francisco passed a measure in 2004 requiring the name to go back to Candlestick once the current naming rights deal expires in 2008. One of the few times naming rights will be prevented from continuing.

Comment

Here are a couple more shots, both from Corbis:

Taken in July 1960.

Taken April 12, 1960. The inagural game at the 'Stick.
                        Last edited by Richmond Hill Phoenix; 05-30-2007, 01:49 PM. Reason: Added dates.
                        WAMCO!

Comment

More on the movie, which is available on DVD:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055972/

The credits at IMDB don't mention him but John Roseboro is in it too. The game footage is from the 1961 season.

It's possible that they filmed part of a "Donna Reed Show" episode in Candlestick Park. Episode 6-31, "My Son the Catcher" (April 16, 1964) and Episode 7-3 "Play Ball" (October 1, 1964) both featured Mays and Don Drysdale. Leo Durocher appeared in "Play Ball." However, the episode list at IMDB is not complete so there might be other possibilities.

Comment

Now that I'm home I've been able to find a few more shots (once again from Corbis.ca):

Another shot from opening day 1960.

Opening day again.

In the background, the park appears to be under construction.

The park as it was in 1989. Compare this to the older shots.
                            Last edited by Richmond Hill Phoenix; 05-30-2007, 02:00 PM.
                            WAMCO!

Comment

Great pics agian thanks guys 1989 compaired to 1960 no comparision at all the original stick was the best.C60. P.S. If any one has pics of the old scoreboard I love to see them that was a cool scoreboard with that old Tarryton sign:radio

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X