Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
    They did...
    "Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Starion View Post
      Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• The NFL has supposedly given Dolphins Stadium a list of demands that the place must be upgraded, or else no more Super Bowls. One of the demands is that they need to put up a roof so the rich folk won't get wet.
        Do people still think the NFL will give NY/NJ a Superbowl in February ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aReB6pbT30Q8

Comment

• They wont get wet anyway. They have their luxury suite.

Comment

• So with Halladay's recent gem, would you agree that the time Joe Robbie is retired for baseball in 2011, it will have seen some pretty good moments in baseball history. Specifically:

A perfect game
            Two no hitters
            Two World Series, with one of them including a walk-off win in Game 7
            A 600th home run (Ken Griffey Jr.)

Not bad for a place that would only have had 20 seasons in its baseball history and was built with football primarily in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              The NFL has supposedly given Dolphins Stadium a list of demands that the place must be upgraded, or else no more Super Bowls. One of the demands is that they need to put up a roof so the rich folk won't get wet.
              Do people still think the NFL will give NY/NJ a Superbowl in February ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aReB6pbT30Q8
              I don't know, but the way the vote went with Miami getting kicked out first, and New Jersey winning, it seems like the NFL wants those renovations to Dolphin Stadium done before they get another Super Bowl
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by threeyoda View Post
                ...it seems like the NFL wants those renovations to Dolphin Stadium done before they get another Super Bowl...
                the word is strongarmed...
                the turd in the punchbowl
                reality really sucks.
                enjoy the game more...

Comment

• The idea that the weather is so bad in Miami in February that they cannot possibly host another Super Bowl without a roof is laughable, especially after they awarded the Super Bowl to the new Meadowlands. The Dolph could use a good pressure washing in the seating bowl, and a new set of seats, but other than that, it does the job very well for football in the winter, when there are no afternoon thunderstorms and oppressive evening heat to worry about. The rain last time was a fluke. Winter is the dry season down here.
                  1997 2003
                  Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

Comment

• Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
                    The idea that the weather is so bad in Miami in February that they cannot possibly host another Super Bowl without a roof is laughable, especially after they awarded the Super Bowl to the new Meadowlands. The Dolph could use a good pressure washing in the seating bowl, and a new set of seats, but other than that, it does the job very well for football in the winter, when there are no afternoon thunderstorms and oppressive evening heat to worry about. The rain last time was a fluke. Winter is the dry season down here.
                    Curious--Are all of the non-luxury seats still the original seats from 1987? If so, yeah, they're probably due. At about the 25 year mark most outdoor stadium seats are on their last legs.
                    I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                    - Walt Whitman

Comment

• And at the 25 year mark with the Florida sun beating down on them every day, they look pretty bad. They have replaced single seats here and there with at least 2 different models, so it's really mismatched, especially in the blue areas, like behind the plate. The ends of all the rows have a faded, cracked, chipped Dolphins logo. I had a seat that was missing a few bolts along one side and was drooping down at a Marlins-Cubs game last year, the biggest crowd I'd been a part of there in years, so there was really nowhere in the lower deck to move to. I really only noticed it last year how bad the interior of the stadium was getting. They've poured lots of money into the spaceship additions to the outside in recent years, but the seating bowl has been untouched since the beginning.

Last edited by marlins739; 06-03-2010, 07:23 AM.
                      1997 2003

Comment

And at the 25 year mark with the Florida sun beating down on them every day, they look pretty bad. They have replaced single seats here and there with at least 2 different models, so it's really mismatched, especially in the blue areas, like behind the plate. The ends of all the rows have a faded, cracked, chipped Dolphins logo. I had a seat that was missing a few bolts along one side and was drooping down at a Marlins-Cubs game last year, the biggest crowd I'd been a part of there in years, so there was really nowhere in the lower deck to move to. I really only noticed it last year how bad the interior of the stadium was getting. They've poured lots of money into the spaceship additions to the outside in recent years, but the seating bowl has been untouched since the beginning.

Even the blue seats right behind home plate are beginning to fade, and those are newer than the rest. My guess is to whatever extent Joe Robbie is renovated after the Marlins leave, new seats will definitely be part of the package.

Comment

• The renderings of the future plans for the Dolph show it with aqua seats throughout, along with a new roof and scoreboards in the corners. I doubt the roof and scoreboards are happening, since the boards are only about 5 years old, but the seats are probably coming out in the near future.
                          1997 2003

Comment

The renderings of the future plans for the Dolph show it with aqua seats throughout, along with a new roof and scoreboards in the corners. I doubt the roof and scoreboards are happening, since the boards are only about 5 years old, but the seats are probably coming out in the near future.
                            They could always move the scoreboards to the new locations.

Comment

• The new proposed scoreboard locations also require the Dolphins to remove probably around 5000 seats, so that's another reason I don't think they'll do that.
                              1997 2003

Comment

• posted this in Marlins forum:

Hi everyone,

Me and my friends are victims of the Spirit Airlines Pilot strike...We had seats for this Wednesday and Fridays games. We don't want the tickets to go to waste and my friend is selling them for FAR LESS then what he paid for them just to try and minimize his damages. This is a DEAL and they are the lowest price in the section.

Wednesday 7:10pm vs Rangers
                                section 150 Row 11 Seats 1, 2, 3, 4 (directly behind home plate on the field, can be in groups of 2 or the group of 4) - $18/ticket
                                SOLD

Friday 7:10pm vs Rays

section 126 Row 3 Seats 5, 6, 7 - $6/ticket
                                http://www.stubhub.com/florida-marli...t_id=254574013
                                Last edited by cringey; 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM.
                                ------------
                                I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X