X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Do you think players complained enough that they just the bullet and decided to go back and forth? Or do you think it was only against good teams?
    My guess it was probably only for marquee Game of the Week night games. If it was for a Sunday afternoon game, they probably wouldn't have bothered.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Do you think players complained enough that they just the bullet and decided to go back and forth? Or do you think it was only against good teams?

Leave a comment:

• stumpmerrill
    replied
    Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
    Anyone notice they sodded over the diamond for MNF this week?

I don't remember them covering the infield in past Septembers.
    They did it last year as well when the Jets played Miami on a Sunday Night.

Leave a comment:

• RfkFedEx
    replied
    Anyone notice they sodded over the diamond for MNF this week?

I don't remember them covering the infield in past Septembers.

Leave a comment:

• DN4L
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    PeteU, maybe you should wait until the fishies actually create some mystical magic before proclaiming them to be a success. The difference is that I've actually seen Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, and I've been to Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, so that I have a factual basis on which to issue the proclamation: Fake Yankee Stadium Fail (which somebody else actually coined before me, but I took the ball and ran with it). There are others who would disagree with me, but I just think they've been guzzling the Steinbrenners' Kool-Aid.

Fake "Marlins' magical, mystical backstop fish SUCCEED! AND THEY HAVE!" signature fail? The jury's still out on that, and they won't be able to deliver a verdict until sometime next year.

lol

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by PeteU View Post
    Point taken....but fish. Fish in a backstop. How on earth can that go wrong?
    Fishies have been known to say bad words.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    PeteU, maybe you should wait until the fishies actually create some mystical magic before proclaiming them to be a success. The difference is that I've actually seen Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, and I've been to Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, so that I have a factual basis on which to issue the proclamation: Fake Yankee Stadium Fail (which somebody else actually coined before me, but I took the ball and ran with it). There are others who would disagree with me, but I just think they've been guzzling the Steinbrenners' Kool-Aid.

Fake "Marlins' magical, mystical backstop fish SUCCEED! AND THEY HAVE!" signature fail? The jury's still out on that, and they won't be able to deliver a verdict until sometime next year.
    Point taken....but fish. Fish in a backstop. How on earth can that go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    What is that from?

What does it mean?
    Just a spoof off of the old "Fail!" "Win"! "Succeed" internet cliches. But the Marlins do intend to have fish in their backstop:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Marlins' magical, mystical backstop fish SUCCEED! AND THEY HAVE!
    What is that from?

What does it mean?

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by richiek View Post
    So for tonight's Dolphins game they completely painted the field and filled in the infield dirt? Even though the Marlins still have some games to play there?
    That's the first time I ever recall a multipurpose stadium with grass ever sodding over the infield before the baseball season ended. Although I think they did it for a soccer game earlier this year as well. I guess they want it to look unblemished for MNF. Either that, or the Dolphins just can't wait to get the Marlins out....

Leave a comment:

• richiek
    replied
    So for tonight's Dolphins game they completely painted the field and filled in the infield dirt? Even though the Marlins still have some games to play there?

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by rx2003 View Post
    far be it from me to defend our local high school newsletters, the ss and the herald, but they do know that s florida is and always will be football country,,,and if people cared or clomored for baseball like they do for football they would devote more coverage...i will say this much I went to mets/marlins game the other day and i didnt find out till the day b4 that the start was 5pm....by reading the daily news,,,,

for what its worth i have been here from new york since 95 and i can say the fanbase of the fish never recovered since the 97 firesale...2003 the attendance was horrible until sept when the fish were close to winning the wild card...

the heat played to half empty arena's until shaq got there and again until lebron........
    I see it as a little bit of a chicken and the egg thing...perhaps more people would get excited about their local MLB team if the local media bothered to promote them more.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    [QUOTE=PeteU;1926356]
    Originally posted by TommieAgeefan View Post

I agree with yours and the Captain's assessment of the local papers. I've been meaning to switch to either the Post or the Herald, but guess I've just kept renewing out of lazy habit. But the Sun-Sentinel is just subpar in general. You look at the main front page and all the stories are either fluff pieces or things that belong in local. Rarely anything of national or international importance.
    Don't rush out and subscribe to the Post, they're going downhill too. I wouldn't wrap fish with the Sun-Sentinel though

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    [QUOTE=TommieAgeefan;1925730]

The Sun-Sentinel is atrocious, period. The Miami Herald isn't much better, but they are the N. Y. Times compared to the S-S. Media in general (like many other aspects of life) are lacking in South Florida. (Why did I move here again? Oh, yeah, the 2-day long winter)
    I agree with yours and the Captain's assessment of the local papers. I've been meaning to switch to either the Post or the Herald, but guess I've just kept renewing out of lazy habit. But the Sun-Sentinel is just subpar in general. You look at the main front page and all the stories are either fluff pieces or things that belong in local. Rarely anything of national or international importance.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X