Sun Life Stadium / Land Shark S / Dolphin(s) S / Pro Player S / Joe Robbie S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    PeteU, maybe you should wait until the fishies actually create some mystical magic before proclaiming them to be a success. The difference is that I've actually seen Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, and I've been to Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, so that I have a factual basis on which to issue the proclamation: Fake Yankee Stadium Fail (which somebody else actually coined before me, but I took the ball and ran with it). There are others who would disagree with me, but I just think they've been guzzling the Steinbrenners' Kool-Aid.

Fake "Marlins' magical, mystical backstop fish SUCCEED! AND THEY HAVE!" signature fail? The jury's still out on that, and they won't be able to deliver a verdict until sometime next year.
    Point taken....but fish. Fish in a backstop. How on earth can that go wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteU View Post
      Point taken....but fish. Fish in a backstop. How on earth can that go wrong?
      Fishies have been known to say bad words.

X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        PeteU, maybe you should wait until the fishies actually create some mystical magic before proclaiming them to be a success. The difference is that I've actually seen Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, and I've been to Fake Yankee Stadium Fail, so that I have a factual basis on which to issue the proclamation: Fake Yankee Stadium Fail (which somebody else actually coined before me, but I took the ball and ran with it). There are others who would disagree with me, but I just think they've been guzzling the Steinbrenners' Kool-Aid.

Fake "Marlins' magical, mystical backstop fish SUCCEED! AND THEY HAVE!" signature fail? The jury's still out on that, and they won't be able to deliver a verdict until sometime next year.

lol
        "We're relying on you to take the memories from this stadium, and add them to the new memories we make at the new Yankee Stadium, and continue to pass them on from generation to generation." Derek Jeter: September 21, 2008.

Comment

• Anyone notice they sodded over the diamond for MNF this week?

I don't remember them covering the infield in past Septembers.

Comment

• Originally posted by RfkFedEx View Post
            Anyone notice they sodded over the diamond for MNF this week?

I don't remember them covering the infield in past Septembers.
            They did it last year as well when the Jets played Miami on a Sunday Night.

Comment

• Do you think players complained enough that they just the bullet and decided to go back and forth? Or do you think it was only against good teams?
              The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                Do you think players complained enough that they just the bullet and decided to go back and forth? Or do you think it was only against good teams?
                My guess it was probably only for marquee Game of the Week night games. If it was for a Sunday afternoon game, they probably wouldn't have bothered.

Comment

• The fish are out of town for 10 days beginning last Fri. Miami/OH St. is this Saturday, so at least they're getting a few football games out of that sod.

I must say the sod job was the most seemless I've ever seen. You could barely tell on tv other than the close ups of guys on the ground just after tackles, etc. Usually there's a defined color difference in the two turf surfaces. Candlestick was always the worst.

Comment

• When I went to the Dolphins game yesterday, the seams were showing. Redid the sod at the 50 for the Dolphins and I could tell where the outline for the basepaths were.

Comment

• Vuvuzuelas at a Marlins game last year.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• good riddance

Comment

• I not sure if I've ever seen the baseball conditions worse than they are for this closing series against my Nationals. There's a marsh just beyond 1st base and in shallow CF where the 50 ydln meets the sidelines of the gridiron.

Comment

• Last game there today. How cool would it be for them to break out the new Miami Marlins uniforms sorta like the White Sox did when they left Old Comisky.

Jeff Conine has to be there today along with all the players from 97 and 2003. Maybe a Charlie Hough knuckleball to Conine?

I'd take a game with them in their original uniforms one last time. More (ugly) teal, the better. Black is so tired...

Where's Orestes?

Look at all that teal!
                            Last edited by Matt The Hammer; 09-28-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• loved the teal, I wish they would keep it.

Comment

• I gotta give mad props to this org and their fans. The Marlins have accomplished a lot with very little, in a short period of time none the less. I only hope my young Nationals can take the same path, minus the payroll purges of course.

Like Miami, Washington has only mild fan interest for MLB. However, there are a few hard cores in every baseball town who are just as passionate as the fans in Boston, St.L, NY, Chi.

The Marlins faithful have earned the new stadium even if the tax payers didn't deserve the punishment of paying for it.

Enjoy this final night in your temporary home of 19 years!
                                Last edited by RfkFedEx; 09-28-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X