• Show
Clear All

• burroughsmvp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    Originally posted by KurtDman24 View Post
    Is there a way to not pay for parking at Sun Life Stadium? It has been a challenge for me to find out!
    Take the bus, or risk parking somewhere in Miami Gardens within walking distance to the stadium. Neither option is all that attractive. As much as it sucks, you are probably best coughing up the $10.

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    The most popular way to not pay for parking at a Marlins game is to not go.

Buh-bum!
    let me add the bish! rim shot...

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Originally posted by KurtDman24 View Post
    Is there a way to not pay for parking at Sun Life Stadium? It has been a challenge for me to find out!
    The most popular way to not pay for parking at a Marlins game is to not go.

Buh-bum!

Leave a comment:

• J.R.
    replied
    The retractable LF sections make for an excellent concert venue.

Leave a comment:

• KurtDman24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    ROCK N' ROLL ... STOP THE BALLGAME

Leave a comment:

• cringey
    replied
    posted this in Marlins forum:

Hi everyone,

Me and my friends are victims of the Spirit Airlines Pilot strike...We had seats for this Wednesday and Fridays games. We don't want the tickets to go to waste and my friend is selling them for FAR LESS then what he paid for them just to try and minimize his damages. This is a DEAL and they are the lowest price in the section.

Wednesday 7:10pm vs Rangers
    section 150 Row 11 Seats 1, 2, 3, 4 (directly behind home plate on the field, can be in groups of 2 or the group of 4) - $18/ticket
    SOLD

Friday 7:10pm vs Rays

section 126 Row 3 Seats 5, 6, 7 - $6/ticket
    http://www.stubhub.com/florida-marli...t_id=254574013
    Last edited by cringey; 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    The new proposed scoreboard locations also require the Dolphins to remove probably around 5000 seats, so that's another reason I don't think they'll do that.

Leave a comment:

• Anubis2051
    replied
    Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
    The renderings of the future plans for the Dolph show it with aqua seats throughout, along with a new roof and scoreboards in the corners. I doubt the roof and scoreboards are happening, since the boards are only about 5 years old, but the seats are probably coming out in the near future.
    They could always move the scoreboards to the new locations.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    The renderings of the future plans for the Dolph show it with aqua seats throughout, along with a new roof and scoreboards in the corners. I doubt the roof and scoreboards are happening, since the boards are only about 5 years old, but the seats are probably coming out in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• PeteU
    replied
    And at the 25 year mark with the Florida sun beating down on them every day, they look pretty bad. They have replaced single seats here and there with at least 2 different models, so it's really mismatched, especially in the blue areas, like behind the plate. The ends of all the rows have a faded, cracked, chipped Dolphins logo. I had a seat that was missing a few bolts along one side and was drooping down at a Marlins-Cubs game last year, the biggest crowd I'd been a part of there in years, so there was really nowhere in the lower deck to move to. I really only noticed it last year how bad the interior of the stadium was getting. They've poured lots of money into the spaceship additions to the outside in recent years, but the seating bowl has been untouched since the beginning.

Even the blue seats right behind home plate are beginning to fade, and those are newer than the rest. My guess is to whatever extent Joe Robbie is renovated after the Marlins leave, new seats will definitely be part of the package.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    And at the 25 year mark with the Florida sun beating down on them every day, they look pretty bad. They have replaced single seats here and there with at least 2 different models, so it's really mismatched, especially in the blue areas, like behind the plate. The ends of all the rows have a faded, cracked, chipped Dolphins logo. I had a seat that was missing a few bolts along one side and was drooping down at a Marlins-Cubs game last year, the biggest crowd I'd been a part of there in years, so there was really nowhere in the lower deck to move to. I really only noticed it last year how bad the interior of the stadium was getting. They've poured lots of money into the spaceship additions to the outside in recent years, but the seating bowl has been untouched since the beginning.

Last edited by marlins739; 06-03-2010, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    The idea that the weather is so bad in Miami in February that they cannot possibly host another Super Bowl without a roof is laughable, especially after they awarded the Super Bowl to the new Meadowlands. The Dolph could use a good pressure washing in the seating bowl, and a new set of seats, but other than that, it does the job very well for football in the winter, when there are no afternoon thunderstorms and oppressive evening heat to worry about. The rain last time was a fluke. Winter is the dry season down here.
    Curious--Are all of the non-luxury seats still the original seats from 1987? If so, yeah, they're probably due. At about the 25 year mark most outdoor stadium seats are on their last legs.

Leave a comment:

• marlins739
    replied
    The idea that the weather is so bad in Miami in February that they cannot possibly host another Super Bowl without a roof is laughable, especially after they awarded the Super Bowl to the new Meadowlands. The Dolph could use a good pressure washing in the seating bowl, and a new set of seats, but other than that, it does the job very well for football in the winter, when there are no afternoon thunderstorms and oppressive evening heat to worry about. The rain last time was a fluke. Winter is the dry season down here.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X